Do you ever say hateful shit to yourself?

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Its often in a joking manner, I mean if you can't laugh at yourself what can you do, and that I do on a daily basis, its actauly rather theraputic.

I do often reach a point during my work shifts where I hit my "I wish I was dead" phase as me and my friends term it, we agree we all have them, in a joking manner of course, just that really fed up, wanna go home, wish the shift was over time.

Only thing I will do semi-seriously is when I'm having a really bad day I will look at myself in the mirror and just say "thats why", but thats a rare occurance

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
Only when I do something awkward around others, I oft call myself a halfwit.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Sometimes but I am not above admiting I just did somthing dumb and being able to laugh about it. If you cant critisize yourself you have no place being able to do the same to others.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Very often. If I don't at least insult myself for my mistakes, how will I learn not to do it again?

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I do it all the time. xD Too often actually, because my sweetheart gets angry at me when at how much I do it. :/

fudgemonkey118

Apr 2, 2010
When I'm already in a bad mood, all the time. Weirdly, I do it a lot playing CoD, but thats probably because I'll be talking to someone on the mike, and that game tends to make me rage badly, so it seems ok to say it out loud, like you aren't talking to yourself.

Not saying there's anything wrong with talking to yourself, I do it all the time.

Also, anyone who sees someone say something about talking to themselves, and instantly says to themselves 'I don't talk to myself, that would be weird' is an brilliant exampe of irony

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
I am not a beautiful and unique snowflake. I am the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile

Yeah, I'm pretty hard on myself

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I've never actually done that before. . . nor have I done the opposite. . . it actually strikes me as odd that someone would o_O

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
All the time when I lose shit. I just walk around saying, "where the fuck did you put it?"(that's what she said. HA! now you can't make that joke.)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
every so often. When i have a lot of hate against myself, I'll say stuff, and it usually gives me the strneength to over come it.

if I can tell myself I'm lying, and prove it by being better, then nothing anyone says can hurt me.

Though I think the worse thing I ever said to myself was in a mirror after waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I just kept telling myself I let my gf die, and couldnt get past it. then it spiraled into how worthless I am, how everyone I know is hurt because of me, how I should just put myself in the ground now and save the world the trouble.

rough nights.

Jan 27, 2011
I've been saying things like that to myself a LOT lately.

I'm taking a calculus 2 course at the moment. And I'm having a lot of trouble. And I'm having a lot of trouble getting some good studying done due to frustration and distraction.

And the exam is on the 15th. And I need a c- or more or else my university will kick my ass out for a year.

I think you can see why I've been saying hateful things to myself.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
For trivial stupid or weird things I do, I usually smile it off or think it was awesome or hilarious. But then again, I laugh at the weirdest things (I've laughed at trees before, just because they look so awesomely weird).

Though when I really hate on myself, it is when I have long internal discussions about myself. I find every single minor reason why I am a lesser human being, and why I should avoid people to be nice to them.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
I leave notes for myself berating myself for being an idiot

Honestly my too do list at work will often have lines like you're an idiot or you screwed up, and I think that's perfectly natural - it lets a little steam off and when I come back to it in a week or two and have to chase it up I'll know it's something important and that I want to get right if I was annoyed enough to tell myself off for failing it

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Yes, sometimes in a joking way, like when I say or do something stupid. Sometimes in a serious way and I end up hating myself.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Every morning when I shave I can't help myself going God damn..I'm one handsome mothereffer!

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Neither insulting nor complementing, but encouraging. That's the kind of voice I have in my head. He and I get along pretty good.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Whenever I do a drawing or a photoshop background. I finish and then my mind says "Well that sucks, you spent 3 hours on this? And don't make another one because you'll just waste more time."
I'm gonna have to punch that guy eventually.

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
It happen, more often than not when I try to make sense of a complex situation. Usually I try to convince myself not to do anything stupid or rash, which usually results in me calling myself an idiot. ^^ On the other hand, I do the same thing with positive thoughts This gives me a little "pick me up" and usually prevents me form being too hard on myself.

When I do really stupid shit though, I'll usually smack my forehead in disbelief, followed by a cynical chastising. Nomally all these things are thought rather than said, but in extreme cases I tend to get a little more verbal. ^^