Do you find incest wrong?

Hatter

Dec 12, 2010
Hatchet90 said:
Yes, it's wrong and I'm not going further into the topic. Sometimes I wonder the kind of people who actually visit this site, and I shudder.
/agreed, on both points. It's illegal in most places for a reason, and should be illegal in all places.

raklin

Mar 26, 2011
Well to be honest...

I don't really find anything wrong with kissing-cousin incest, as I feel thats far enough removed. Sibling incest (unless its hot lesbian twins) is a bit off-putting to me, personally. However, keep in mind that the general ill-will towards incest is a product of our culture - It happened fairly regularly through out the bible, and I don't think the practice was stopping among the British royalty until it was too late for them to be considered human.

Seriously, if those royals were dumped in America, everyone would assume they were a bunch of inbred swamp people who worship Dagon and whatnot. -_-

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Hatter said:
It's illegal in most places for a reason, and should be illegal in all places.
What, pray tell, is said reason?
I've yet to hear one that actually follows "No Harm, No Foul".

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
kman123 said:
I'm not gonna wander into that particular basket...
Please come and wander in...

OP - I think it's wrong, I know you can have all this "can't help who you fall for" stuff, but I think if it comes to your own family members you should resist the urge. I also don't think it's natural to fall for your family members.

If it happens, it happens, nothing I'd lose sleep over. but I do think it's wrong.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
tobi the good boy said:
AnubisAuman said:
tobi the good boy said:
Condoms break ... bum holes don't?
Then they have an abortion.
Abortion has various risks associated with it and is expensive.
Not to mention who would enforce these abortions? what if bro and sis want to have an inbred child together, or if they accidentally get pregnant but don't want an abortion for moral reasons or something. Then either you allow people to have inbred children, or you force abortions on people, and then it just gets very complicated with a lot of human rights concepts etc...

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
If it is between two consenting people (not necessarily adults but old enough to understand what they're doing), I don't see how it's any of my concern.

Ryugen01

Jan 31, 2011
If the people in question are both consenting adults then they can do whatever they want. It's not for anyone else to judge and condemm.

Nopodop

Jan 2, 2011
The only problem I have with it is the genetics. Deformed children is a major problem when dealing with this sort of thing.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Nopodop said:
The only problem I have with it is the genetics. Deformed children is a major problem when dealing with this sort of thing.
Not nearly as big of a problem as it is made out to be. :L

raklin

Mar 26, 2011
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Nopodop said:
Not nearly as big of a problem as it is made out to be. :L
This is true - I'm not quiet sure where I read it, but apparently, the occasional kissing cousin relationship is mildly beneficial... Something along the lines of re-enforcing family traits, such as pale skin, blonde hair, etc. Recessive traits that have been passed down through your family, that type of thing. Incest doesn't become a genetically bad thing if used as a "spice" in your family linage.

Now, if your family does nothing but sleep with your family for generations... Well, that's what we call "swamp people", "hillbillies" or "British Royalty" :p

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
LegendaryGamer0 said:
OT: As long as it is between two consenting persons, there is no reason why it is wrong.
Gimme one, I darez you.
Love is love.
Consent is a difficult one when you could have the situation where one family memeber has groomed the other for literally their entire lifetime.

Nah, it's disgusting. There are millions of people in this world and the only one for you is someone you grew up with? Someone who if you go down the normal relationship route with your gonna have a problem brewing down the line, one that is totally avoidable by following the very good example 99.99% of people exhibit...

...Isn't incest illegal in USA?

Doesn't that make this topic off the cards? Come on moderators, clarify and apply the forum rules in this thread!

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
raklin said:
Well to be honest...

I don't really find anything wrong with kissing-cousin incest, as I feel thats far enough removed. Sibling incest (unless its hot lesbian twins) is a bit off-putting to me, personally. However, keep in mind that the general ill-will towards incest is a product of our culture - It happened fairly regularly through out the bible, and I don't think the practice was stopping among the British royalty until it was too late for them to be considered human.

Seriously, if those royals were dumped in America, everyone would assume they were a bunch of inbred swamp people who worship Dagon and whatnot. -_-
Doing the nasty with cousins is called inbreeding and differs from incest which defines sexual relations within your nuclear family.

I've heard figures given that a single case of inbreeding gives about a 4% increase in the likelihood of aberrant genetic traits in offspring whereas a lone case of incest raises that to around 40%.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
raklin said:
Well to be honest...

Doing the nasty with cousins is called inbreeding and differs from incest which defines sexual relations within your nuclear family.

I've heard figures given that a single case of inbreeding gives about a 4% increase in the likelihood of aberrant genetic traits in offspring whereas a lone case of incest raises that to around 40%.

silent_noir_67

May 31, 2011
ScreamingNinja said:
If you can look at your younger sister like this, then you've got some wires crossed somewhere. There're so many other people out there in the world, why would you even do it?

Honestly, I don't think there's an excuse for it. Something's simply not right in your head if you do this. Same if you have sex with animals. You're missing some screws.
I'm an open minded individual but at the same time I'm inclined to agree with this view...

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I don't find it absolutely revolting, but I do find it pretty weird. I find that producing a child with any incestual act is a bit screwed up, but apart from that, just weird.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
So for all those people who say it would make it impossible for the couple to break up, even though that would not make such a thing wrong just stupid, maybe they just want to have a jolly good romp in the sack eh? So would it still be wrong if it was just for casual sex with no intention of having children. And sense when does legality have anything to do with whether something is right or wrong. Homosexuality and sodomy used to be illegal and now it is accepted more or less for the first one and the second is widespread (even girls can take it from the rear). Oh well just some more thoughts and counter arguments but I do like the spread between people on this topic.