Do you get upset if Yahtzee trashes a game you like?

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
pvaglueman123 said:
I see Yahtzee's reviews more a satirical critique more than an actual review of a game. They're made for comedy, not really to influence ones decisions
Exactly what I was going to say. Even if I don't agree with him his reviews are entertaining and usually make me laugh.

AngryNerd

Jun 15, 2011
Nope, it doesn't bother me. He trashes just about every game he reviews so, you already know it's coming when you start the video.

Drall

Jun 23, 2011
I -love- watching his reviews of games I like because, for the most part, everything he says is completely true.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
While i havent played a few of the games he's reviewed because of the negativity, i've never flipped my lid because of a review of a game i've liked, if you like it, cool, if you like it and get mad if he bashes it, there's clearly some denial in liking the game. Also, being Canadian, I enjoy his America bashing

Fugitive Panda

Jan 21, 2011
I do get a little cheesed when he trashes a game he just wasn't suited for. I think it's a little silly to complain about, say, a card battle game when you have a history of not liking card battle games on a fundamental level, and it just makes the whole review hard to take seriously. Yahtzee seems to have this problem with Nintendo products, and I can't watch some of those reviews without being a little let down that not only did he miss the point, he seemed to be actively ignoring it.

But he's a critic, and you don't follow critics to reinforce your own opinions, you do it to learn theirs.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Hah, no. I'd get upset if he liked something I didn't like. That thankfully hasn't happened yet.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
I don't get upset, just a bit frustrated. Did anyone remember why he disliked portal 2? Because it wasn't portal 1? X_X.

I don't think people are suppose to take his reviews seriously, which is why I never watch them anymore.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I' mildly disappointed until I realize some of the stuff he says is hilarious and true..

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
Not really he backs up everything. You might like a game and then he'll point out an issue, then you find yourself thinking "oh yeah that was annoying". (Or something to that effect)

Although I have noticed that he has contradicted himself on one or two occasions.

Cannot remember which episodes but he has done it, just believe me, I can?t be arsed finding the episodes.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
I used to, but not anymore because he trashes pretty much every game. Sure there are one and one he likes, but he trashes too much.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
Nope, although I find him Highlarryus, I form my own opinion on a game, its up to me if I think its money well spent and how much i enjoyed.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
He takes a games bad points and hypes them up by about 600%. Simply put I don't care if he pans a game I like, But I know that if he raves about a game it is often worth buying.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
No, I just watch his show for the lulz. Although from time to time he does spout out some of the truest things I've heard about a game.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
The only game I didn't like him bashing was TW2.It was a time to attract new fans and a lot of people were on the line while watching his reviews...And they took it seriously.I usually watch his reviews and I think "hey I really didn't like these things in the game but I liked it so I didn't mind".He genuinely says things that can use improving in the game.But then he did TW review and I felt "this game deffinately didn't deserve these and they weren't actual problems just laziness on his part.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
yep, i get upset. Then i convince myself that he just didn't get it. And people have to realize that game reviews are not just an opinion.