Do you hate being ignored? I feel like I am losing my mind

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sung-Hwan said:
Basically here is what went down. I want to know what you guys think, like who was in the wrong.

My friend is normally very patient and understanding, but we got into an argument over whether or not autistic people should be born due to the "life" they will suffer through before being put in a minimum wage job society determines for them. My friend was appalled that I suggested they shouldn't have to suffer being born due to genetically defective parents. He then stated regardless of the poor occupations autistic people often end up with, they're still trying to make a living and that those jobs are necessary. I told him they're less than human when placed in that role of society, and its why they're antagonized by the staff where they work at. He claimed that is dehumanizing and cruel, but I protested again. At this point he said

[1/16/15, 12:03:43 AM] ---: ok, I can't take it any more
[1/16/15, 12:05:20 AM] ---: you need professional help. I can't give you that, and you don't listen to anything I say any way. please reach out to someone in a medical field who can help you. I wish you the best.

And then just removed me as a friend and went AWOL since, despite my attempts at apologizing. But who was in the wrong here?
Well, you've stated before you are a sociopath, and that you don't care about anything at all in life. I don't remember your precise wording, but in your autism thread you came across as not really giving a shit about anything, and seemed to be fairly antagonistic for no real reason at people you were generalizing about.

And from what you posted here, you seemed to almost be promoting euthenizing autistic people because you think their lives are bad, and they shouldn't be forced to live through terrible lives.

1. You don't know their lives will be bad. From some of the responses in your other thread, directly from autistic people, they seem to have pretty good lives, and are happy. Who are you to deny them that chance at a life? None of us ask to be born, we all come into the world unwillingly, and do our best to get through it.

2. Combination of what you've said about yourself, and what your friend has said, yeah I think you might need to speak to a professional. Hell you made the title of this thread include the phrase "i think I'm losing my mind" Those are not indicators of a good mental situation. Assuming you do actually care about your life, and are not as sociopathically indifferent like you said you are, then you should find a professional to talk to about your problems.

3. Like it or not, autistic people are here to stay. Having some debate on the ethical viability of letting them live or not is pretty pointless, and only serves to stir up emotions in a way that won't end well, case in point, your friend cutting ties with you. Besides, you could use that argument for just about any social/medical/cultural group that is less fortunate than others, but there isn't any reason to single out autistic people in that regard. Nobody has it easy in this world. We've all got problems we have to deal with in one form or another. But we've got to do what we can to live a good life, and enjoy it as much as possible.

So yeah, you seem to be in the wrong there, and you need to maybe rethink some stuff, and speak to a professional. Seriously, go find counseling, it can help.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
How the hell have you not been reprimanded for some of your above comments?

This is among the most grossly offensive shit I've read on this site and there have been some horrendous threads before.

The only thing that makes me question your mental faculties is that you are seemingly struggling to understand WHY your friend has cut you off. It couldn't perhaps be the Nazi-esque artificial selection you seem to be in favor of. Or how utterly callous your approach is to these genuinely disturbing topics.

Then you come around here, looking for sympathy? You shit the bed you make the bed as far as I'm are concerned with you.

On top of that, you HAVE to be aware after the last Autism thread that there are Autistic people on this very site right? And what really takes the biscuit is that these, and I quote, "less than human" people are responding to you with FAR more rationality and compassion then your own contributions... and you just arrogantly dismissed them. In fact, this thread is a fucking slap in the face from where I'm standing.

... and you have the fucking audacity to ask for advice.

What right do you have to judge these people when you are so far from perfection (or even "normalcy") yourself.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
OP, your posts are some of the most offensive, disrespectful, and objectionable posts I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this site.

And on this forum, that's saying a lot.
Sung-Hwan said:
[1/16/15, 12:03:43 AM] ---: ok, I can't take it any more
[1/16/15, 12:05:20 AM] ---: you need professional help.
Your friend is 100% correct.

Please follow your friend's advice.