Do you miss your game boxes?

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
I was purchasing a game from steam the other day, and as I was putting in my credit card information... My excitement suddenly turned to sadness. I looked over to my large library of game cases each on my bookshelves, and wondered what would happen.

See I loved to buy my hard copy games, because not only was I getting entertainment I was adding another notch to my collection. Mind you the super nintendo boxes and sega game cases have all but since been removed from my home... But is anyone else sad they're losing out on the collection?

Sure the library of games on my PC is awesome, but it's not the same as randomly tugging out a green or black case from a shelf to determine what game you'll dive into...

Captcha: new thegame

Are you suggesting something to me captcha?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I do get a bit upset about the sheer number of games from Steam and GoG that could have been a large section of bookcase, but then I think of how hard it is to lug around the console games and am glad that it's not added to with more.

Apr 28, 2008
I'm not, because I still buy boxed PC games.

My connection just isn't good enough to buy digitally. And even if it was, I'd still buy physical as much as possible. Because then no matter what happens to the dev/publisher/distributor/internet/whatever, I'll still have the game and be able to install it no matter what.

Unless it has some stupid-ass install limit and/or online connection requirement. Which is sadly the standard these days...

Plus, I don't quite like having everything in one place. Not too fond of putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.

Rude as HECK

Feb 24, 2011
Not really. By and large, I get physical copies. It's all about the economics for me; I can usually get a retail copy for cheaper, or the same price, as steam. In such cases, it's physical. But I have no problem getting digital if there's a discount involved, or if there's some other reason to. I got Revelations on steam for the TF2 items, for instance.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I really don't care where my games as as long as I get to play them. Though that might have something to do with the fact that my "game collection" has never been that expansive to start with, and two years ago I had to move them all to a portable CD filer anyway because I was moving to college, and there was no way in hell I was going to try and move three and a half cubic feet of CD, DVD, and game cases.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I get upset whenever I can't find the box-art or the manual for the games that I get. This mostly is a problem with Gamestop, but it seems that's the only place that has the games that I'm looking for.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I like the hard physical copies and the box. I still have my Nes games in their boxes gathering dusk. Dunno why i just like the collection.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
BOX FOR THE BOX GOD!

No, I don't miss them. I get frustrated with my PS2 games all the time since I can't find the one I want at that exact moment which is quite easy on the pc.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I buy all of the games that I really like & want in boxed form, much to the dismay of my already precariously stacked shelves. The rest I don't mind.

My phsyical collection only contains those games that I truly treasure.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
You do know you can just buy the physical copies, right?
Myself, no not really, because pretty much anything I want on the consoles has to come in a box"

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I only buy physical copies of games, but that's mostly because I play 360 for the most part. But on the PC games I did buy (Civ) I still bought physical

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I really don't miss PC game boxes anymore. My room is way too cluttered as it is.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Yea... I looked at my Vegas 2 disc (Scratched to buggery, been replaced twice) And then at my MW2 box, which the disc has left the box once!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I don't miss game boxes. They were fun to look at and pick out a game I hoped I would like, but now with the internet and reviews that part kind of doesn't matter any more.

On the other hand, I do really, really miss having nice big glossy game manuals that actually provided fairly in depth knowledge about the game and game mechanics, that you only now find in the first few chapters of strategy guides (before the walkthroughs).

I don't know how many times I read the Starcraft manual, or Homeworld. Or Myth: Total Codex... Zelda: OoT... among others.