Do you normally finish the story or complete everything?

Dchao

Apr 10, 2011
So right now I'm just past the half way mark of Yakuza 3 and noticed that most of the side missions (of which there is a lot) have not been touched. Now I never really do all side mission type stuff and mostly focus on the story, which is reason I enjoy gaming. What is your view on side quests/collectables etc?

chris_ninety1

Feb 23, 2011
I tend to pick them off as I see them or general fucking around but after a while I'll be largely weighted towards the main story, then on a second play through I'll go through to do it 100%. Works for me.

XxMLGxX

Jul 18, 2011
story is dumb cuz its all about gameplay cuz most people think that story is good but story is for movies and tv shows, i usually complete everythin without even tryin cuz im jus naturally good i guess

CHANGE: okay im not saying ur dumb if u like story or hurting anyones feelings but in my opinion story seems pointless sinces its a game and you don't watch games u play games

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I rarely even finish the story at all. I tend get sick of games quickly, and when I do finish them I try to do all the side missions untill I start hating the game, and I just do the main missions to finish the game and never play it again.
If there's achievments involved on the other hand...

Dchao

Apr 10, 2011
XxMLGxX said:
story is dumb cuz its all about gameplay cuz most people think that story is good but story is for movies and tv shows, i usually complete everythin without even tryin cuz im jus naturally good i guess
Is this, serious?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I only play until it stops being fun.
Rarely does this include 100% completion.

However, if its something like a level-based game like Mario, or a sidequest-heavy title like Morrowind, when I revisit the games, I am significantly more likely to pickup an old save and do more optional sections rather than start a new one.

XxMLGxX

Jul 18, 2011
Dchao said:
XxMLGxX said:
Is this, serious?
im realy serious, its just my norm opionin on the topic. im sorry if u dont agree with me but thats just how I view it

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
XxMLGxX said:
Punctuation would do you a load of good. I took forever making sense of that. Also, thank you for stomping on everyone else who likes the story.

OP: I'm a completionist. I'll do everything I can in the game before I finish. Same goes for achievements unless I'm too lazy or think it's too hard.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
I tend just to do story. I have a pretty large back-catalogue of games to go through, so I don't really waste time on unnecessary side missions. Albeit another reason is because there's always an irritating trophy I can't get past that prevents me from getting a platinum so it hardly seems worth it.

Dchao

Apr 10, 2011
XxMLGxX said:
Dchao said:
XxMLGxX said:
Is this, serious?
im realy serious, its just my norm opionin on the topic. im sorry if u dont agree with me but thats just how I view it
Y'know, if you payed attention to the story in ANYTHING maybe your spelling and grammar would be better?

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
XxMLGxX said:
Dchao said:
XxMLGxX said:
Is this, serious?
Soo... what kinds of games do you play? Tetris? Most games have a story. Surely you play some games and try to immerse yourself into the storyline?

XxMLGxX

Jul 18, 2011
Hi everyone im sorry about my punctuation im taking classes. i play games like blac ops and halo reach because they are really fun and they dont realy bother with story because in blac ops it was all about killing nazis and that was easy, and halo reach was about stopping aliens taking over earth. i can tell all of that from gameplay so story is irrelevant when it's slipped under gameplay

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
I tried to do 100% on inFamous, but after a while I started getting bored so now I'm just focusing on the main story line. It all depends on how interested I am in the game, but rarely do I ever go for 100% completion. There just isn't usually enough of an incentive to justify doing it beyond being able to claim that you did (not saying there is anything wrong with that; it's just not for me).

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
normally first playthrough is 50% sidequests before my brain says "I must know what happens!" so I spend more time on the second playthrough.

Most of the time I'll complete a game 90/95 %, but I won't bother with 100% if it's purely, find the 349 random items in the game!

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I generally complete everything on offer. Though i'm a bit of an unfair example, since i'm an achievement hunter, so i go for anything and everything in my quesy for that 1,000G. This often includes going above and beyond the call of duty - finding every item, completing every side objective, and obscure little requirements like killing a particular mook using a particular item in a way that it probably wasn't intended to be used.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Oh I'll play the game to play it. Normally I'm so wrapped up in trying to furthering the story I'll miss sidequest and right before the No Going Back point will I do them.
Sometimes just reload and finish the stuff I missed, but really the main game comes first for me, the side quests are just that. Side quests I'll do if I think I need the item or skip if it's not worth the trouble

bakutert

Feb 5, 2011
For me i just either finish the main story,then do the side-quest or just finish the story half-way and do the side quest.