Do you own games you haven't played yet?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
360:
Assassin's Creed 2
Sonic Generations
KOTOR
Enslaved

GOG:
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Beyond Good and Evil
The Witcher

Steam(oh, boy)
The Path
Mafia 2
Hydrophobia
Painkiller
Deus Ex
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Serious Sam 1 and 2

A year ago, I played through ME2 like 3 times because I didn't have anything better to play. PC gaming is harsh.
Wait...the sequel is in 3 weeks. Better make that 4 replays...

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Steam sales make me buy good-looking games at 2 or 3 pounds, that then sit there for months on end.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Probably about 30ish PC games (thanks Steam) and about another 30 more console games going back to the PS1.

I decided to only buy major releases going forward unless I knew I was going to play them immediately. Been sticking to it so far while making my way backwards in my "to play" list. Except for recently purchasing Esther in my support for indie games.

Only titles I'm looking to buy in the near future are Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and Mass Effect 3 if/when EA makes it available outside of Origin.

efAston

Sep 12, 2011
Most of them. I could pirate as many games as I liked and still have paid for more than I've played.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
I'm pretty ashamed of the number of games I have that haven't
played or finished. If I count all my systems (the three current
gen systems, plus PS2, PS1 and Gamecube) I have over 150 games
that I haven't played, plus 20-30 games that I've played but haven't
finished. It's gotten bad enough that I've practically stopped
buying games at all, although I will still snap up a bargain (I got
LA Noire for $10 a few weeks ago). I've even been lending out my
systems and games to other people (my 10-year-old cousin has my PS3
currently, and this weekend he'll exchange it for my 360), figuring
that if I'm not having fun, then someone else should instead.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I'm rather ashamed at the number of games I haven't played or have played only briefly. I tend to buy a bunch of games and play the hell out of one of those games then forget about the rest.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Yes, but I bought some new games yesterday and I don't wanna get swamped with games that I've played 5 minutes of. RAGE, Resistance 3, Shadows of the Damned, and Singularity. All for $34 AUD. Played some RAGE and Shadows of the Damned. Will move on to Resistance 3 and Singularity when I'm done with them.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Oh god I have so many... Because I buy them and say I'm going to play, then I just get back-logged with so many other things to do and other games to play that I don't get the chance to.

My current list is:
Mass Effect
Final Fantasy 13-2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon Age 2

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
BENZOOKA said:
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Metro 2033
These three. Play them. Now. You'll thank me.

OT: Quite a few Steam games, and FFXIII-2 (just got it in the mail, unboxing it)

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Oh yes, many. You see, I have this thing with Steam sales that if a game I'm somewhat interested in is on sale for a really good value then I'll probably buy it. Many of the games that I've bought this way have never been touched.

Here's the list of Steam games that I haven't played/barely played (like, 10 minutes at most):
-DUNGEONS
-Fable - The Lost Chapters
-Breath of Death VII
-Bioshock (only because it doesn't work)
-Alpha Protocol
-Alien Breed 2: Assault
-Grand Theft Auto
-Grand Theft Auto 2
-Grand Theft Auto III
-Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City
-Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (I bought the GTA collection, but only for IV and Vice City)
-Magicka
-Mass Effect 2 (Only because I haven't got enough willpower/time to go through ME1 again for a save)
-Sequence
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
-Painkiller: Redemption
-STALKER: Call of Pripyat
-STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
-Metro 2033

There's also some ps2 and gamecube games I own that haven't been played, but I don't feel like getting up to look at them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's a lot of un-played indie games in my folder too from Humble Bundles.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
TLS14 said:
BENZOOKA said:
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Metro 2033
These three. Play them. Now. You'll thank me.

OT: Quite a few Steam games, and FFXIII-2 (just got it in the mail, unboxing it)
I can see Metro 2033...but why Deathmatch and Lost Coast?

Lost Coast is a level that was left out of HL2 and definitely wasn't all that great, and Deathmatch is exactly like Half Life Deathmatch but with updated models. >.>

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Let's see, my list of un-played owned games:

Batman Arkham City - early christmas present
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Ed - at time of release
Rocksmith - valentine's gift, playtime pending due to un-purchased guitar (fault: medical bills)
Persona 4 - at time of release
Beyond Good & Evil - sometime in 2010
Final Fantasy 8 - sometime in 2006 then downloaded sometime in 2010
Final Fantasy 7 - sometime in 2006 then downloaded sometime in 2010
Final Fantasy 6 - downloaded at time of re-release in 2011
Threads of Fate - downloaded at time of re-release in 2011

Games I am in the middle of:

Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light - purchase time N/A
Persona 3 FES - sometime before Persona 4 release (been in the middle of or, 25% into, that game since 2010)

currently playing:

Ultra Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Ultimate Hyper 5 Series Collector's Edition Alpha

Just the same as some of you guys on this forum, it was seldom when I got a new game, even after becoming independent so I would always immediately jump into a game and play it to campaign completion. However, I began to earn more money and manage it better and also began to date a cute girl who has a bad habit of showering me with gifts so I was able to acquire games faster than I can play them. I also have to factor in that I have more of a life now; working, dating, socializing with friends and family, traveling, exploring other hobbies, etc., gaming kind of gets pushed to the back of my to-do list.

However, there are a few games that I get that jump to the top of my list. Since I have so many games to play, I kind of play based on my mood.

Examples (games played to campaign completion despite list):
God of War 3 (research for a mythology class term paper)
Uncharted 2
Devil May Cry 4 (research for a musical history class term paper)
Infamous 2 (enjoyed the game but honestly, I bought it for the bag)
Mass Effect 2 (lost count of how many hours and play-throughs I have with this game. Seriously, lost count around 300 hours; played this game like an MMO addict.)
Batman Arkham Asylum - early christmas present

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Well, I played Enter the Matrix for all of 10 seconds. That count? I wanted to see the 1080p it did. The only Xbox game to do so.

Also, True Crime. Never even opened it. Got it for birthday, along with TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. I still play TS.

And the obligatory backlog of Steam games. I have 115 games. I play 5, regularly.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Grand Theft Auto 3
Kingdom Hearts:Re:Chain of Meories
Pokémon: White
Farcry 2 (Just got it free from Playstation Plus)
Spyro 2-3
Final Fantasy V
Metal Gear Solid 2 (From the MGS: HD Collection)
Dark Souls (Loved Demon's Souls, just haven't had the heart to play this one yet.)
Sam & Max Season 2 episodes 3-5
Megaman X Collection (Egoraptor convinced me to buy it. Now I don't even play it.)
Saint's Row 2 (Another free Playstation network game)

...I really need to get to work.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oh, quite a few really.

The Saboteur
Enslaved
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (for the 3DS)
Parasite Eve (I bought it and never really had time to play it)
3rd Birthday
Scary Girl
Dissidia 012
Final Fantasy V
Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hour Glass

Now this wouldn't be so much of an issue if I wasn't so busy messing around in Skyrim.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Games that I own? No, there are none that I haven't played at least a little bit of. Games that my brothers own? About half of them. Now if you were including games that we haven't beaten at least the main story/campaign of, then I would be able to count about a third or half the games I own on that list.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
well none that I haven't played at all. But I've got a wardrobe of no return it's got games that I've played but haven't finished and plan on finishing. Currently living in The Wardrobe of No Return are Bioshock 2, Frontlines: Fuel of War and Lost Planet 2.

Ambulo

Jun 22, 2011
We just had a baby, so even though i have Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, and now UFC 3, I haven't played them yet. Also, I haven't gotten into Wings of Prey, and I only played DCS A10 once.