Do you prefer light or darkness?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Light things, bright things, and so on hurt my eyes. Darkness, I am.

Dec 9, 2009
Imma go with the light. Reading books in the dark is not very good for your eyes after all. That and I prefer not being pasty white.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
I prefer light

No matter what, I just feel kind of surrounded in the dark, without some sort of light.

I'm not sensitive to light really, and I like knowing where everything in the room is, in the darkness, I'm just going to fumble and trip over something.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
TheJesus89 said:
You just asked a forum for a hobby that involves sitting in front of a screen indoors for hours if they prefer the light or darkness.

I think the question answers itself in this case.
Lol, this does make a lot of sense, and explains a lot.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
TheJesus89 said:
You just asked a forum for a hobby that involves sitting in front of a screen indoors for hours if they prefer the light or darkness.

I think the question answers itself in this case.
lol @ this.
But yeah, I like darkness more.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Poll would be cool.
OT: I kinda like both. I really like morning's first light, and I love darkness to. IDK, I'm weird.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I prefer shadow. Darkness is prevalent, yet there's just enough light to see what happens.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The darkness.

I have skin type 1, so being out in the light to long means I fry. Thus, I enjoy the darkeness somewhat more.

Kurea

Dec 26, 2010
This is the Escapist. We are nerds here. We are legion. And nerds thrive in the dark. Just like mold.

Now that I've overstepped my boundaries, allow me to reel it back in (and apologize, and hopefully avoid getting banned...) by offering my actual opinion. Dark. I'm a night-owl, and a shut-in, so my blinds are drawn nearly 100% of the time. Curiously though, my father, who is far more outgoing than I am, tends to keep his environment darker than I keep mine. Not only that, but it's far more commonly occurring for him to stay in the dark, typically watching TV or doing... whatever online. He's not shy, so it makes me worry just a bit. Do I want to know what he's up to? Perhaps not... :/

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
I prefer the light mainly because I enjoy, you know, seeing things that aren't of my own imagination. I suffer from hypnopompic hallucinations. This is only exasperated by darkness. Needless to say, this causes me to have an irrational fear of the dark.

Stoike

Jul 12, 2011
The Darkness is MUCH better it's colder and safer in a way. to me it's just comforting don't ask how dammit it just is

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
I prefer to be in between. A perfect Balance between Light and Darkness. One Cannot exist without another. While people hate the word now, I love the concept of Twilight. (I don't care if its the name of a hated book, I like that word and will not use a substitution.)

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
Darkness, but not Pure Darkness.

I have something of a phobia of being surrounded by "nothingness." Be it immersed in endless water, endless darkness, or whatever, I get seriously afraid and paranoid when I can't be sure of what's around me. It's probably why I hate Anything having to do with Horror, but I digress.

I love the night, I love stargazing, I love just sitting in a chair with only the moon to light up the world around me and some soft music playing on my MP3 Player. But God help me if I can't at least see shapes around me.

ALYKZANDYR

May 9, 2011
I prefer light at all times. especially in games, day time looks so awesome with modern graphics tech, like bloom, sun rays, grass shadows, motion blur, all that stuff. Makes day time look good.

In both real and in game, i prefer noon to mid after noon, when the sun is the highest in the sky, and all is bright.