Do you prefer light or darkness?

CrematedCube

Nov 22, 2010
When trying to relax or immerse my self in something, I prefer the room to be pitch black.
I made an effort to remove as much light as possible from my bedroom.

When either working or reading, I like a dim light with low contrast since sharp shadows distract me.

Whenever I'm in a social or active scenario, I like plenty of light as long as it isn't blinding white.
Sunny blue days don't bother me, cloudy white days on the other hand cause my eyes to ache.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
My motto is that 'I walk the land of twilight'. Thus I prefer darkness to light. I need darkness to sleep, even if the hall light is on I can't.

vance32

Aug 5, 2009
Heresy i tell you Heresy dont prefer the forces of Darkness and Chaos.....Nevermind wrong Darkness but yeah i prefer the darkness its cool and the sun does not burn you in 102 Degrees

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Kizi said:
Like the title says, do you prefer to be fully illuminated or in the dark? Why?

I somehow find darkness relaxing. I'm not a very social person and I'd honestly rather choose a dim, quiet room with nobody in it than a room filled with lights and noise.
I am not a very social person either but I prefer the light. darkness makes me depressed. Light, specially sunlight makes me happy.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I like both for different reasons. The solace and peace in the dark it is quite pleasant. I can spend all night just thinking in the dark and I get a sense of calmness from it.

The light I usually feel more alert and social. I like enjoying the beauty sight provides and I like listening in the dark.

Both are good to me.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
I prefer darkness, light is just too bright for me to cope with. Right now it's a bright sunny day here (well as bright as it gets at least) and I have my blinds closed, well except for a tiny bit so that I can see. Atempting to navigate my room in pitch darkness is foolish, well atleast if you value your feet that is. >.>

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Haha tough one!

I used to prefer dark, being all gloomy and whatnot.
Then I made more friends and now I even have a girlfriend.

Guess which I like more now.