Do you remember your first Pokemon team?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Frankster said:
2)Victorybell or w/e it was called, he was my mewtwo killer, would make em fall asleep and poison them, most of the time they would die before waking up.
Eh? How's that? Considering a Victreebel is slow as shit, the Mewtwo would get first hit and even without the type advantage it has it'd still one-hit KO a Victreebel considering their craptastic special defense.

Edit: Not attacking you, wanting to know how you pulled it off

Bosammou

Jun 7, 2010
Pikachu Onyx Charizard Venusaur Blastois and uh not sure about the list one. (my first game was pokemon yellow)

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
Erm, back in the day it was:

Venusaur
Graveller
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Vaporeon
Magneton

Switched between others for the type advantages but that was my team pretty much.

Never bothered with the unique pokemon because by the time I got to them they were underpowered in my eyes. Never got Golem as nobody had a link cable for trading haha.

Of course, after the invention of the affordable second hand pc and a shoddy dial up connection, I learned about how to catch the legendaries and also the exploit for the infinite rare candies and then got bored of a challengeless game.

Captcha fail; How do you describe boar's head??

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
Charizard.

Just Charizard. I never bothered raising any other Pokemon. I don't think I managed to beat the Elite Four...

I've learned since then.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Blastoise and a bunch of weak pokemon to switch to when I needed to revive him. I was stupid...I still beat the elite four that way though.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Er... *wracks brains*

Venasaur
Pidgeot
Hypno
Lapras
Zapdos
Raticate

In approximate order of certainty. (I know those first three were the ones I used the most. I seem to remember the other three slots got shuffled around quite a bit, so I'm not sure who I had when I beat the Elite Four.)

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I don't remember my whole team, it was over 10 years ago and my memory isn't that good, and I probably had a revolving team. But I had pokemon yellow so obviously Pikachu was there. But I do remember having a Nidoqueen and she was fucking unstoppable.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Meganium
Ariados
Steelix
Noctowl
Furret
Gyrados (normal I murdered the red one ): )/Lugia

In order of function:

Do everything because I was 9
Useful to me early and was cute
Traded bellsprout for it, it was cool, i liked it
Fly slave
Strength/cute thingy that I caught early on
HM slave/Back up do everything

The joys of being 9.

FunGuy155

Apr 29, 2011
My first game was Emerald, So it was:
Blaziken
Breloom
Swellow
Electrode(Had Minum at first)
Crawdaunt
Walrein

Really want to remember how I got crawdaunt to work out for me right now.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Oh man, I actually do remember this because it was

Charizard (story about this)
Raichu (More Pika for the win)
Slowbro
Blastoise
Venusaur
Mewtwo

Yeah did that trade-for-all-3-starters dealy, but the Charizard! Proudest moment of my ten year old life was having that one pokemon wipe out this other guys entire 'lvl 100' squad. Because -I- had never heard of the Rare Candy glitch so spent days levelling. Absolute bloodbath.

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Hazy992 said:
I don't remember my team other than it had a Typhlosion (my first game was Silver)
Same here. First game was 2nd gen (not even sure if it was silver or gold), and I picked Typhlosion. That's all I can remember of my initial team. Typhlosion is just the best pokemon name going around, looks awesome as hell too.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Charizard
Picachu
Alakazam
Pidgeot
Gyarados
cubone

i still think this is an awesome team nd i attempt to recreate it in every pokemon game i can

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
My first game was Ruby so I didn't have your cool Gen 1 teams. And I never actually bothered to catch more than three pokemon until White, so my first teams would be:

Serperior
Sigylyph
Conkeldurr
Simipour
Gigalith
Darmanitan

Or my PO team which I got around the same time-

Kyogre
Palkia
Dialga
Lugia
Ferrothorn
Giratina

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Charizard, Blastoise, Veanasaur, Pikachu, Pidgeot and i think Onix (i was like 7? maybe a lil older so i just took the Pokemon i liked from the show, and i had Yellow, hence the Pikachu)I would create this team again if it actually had a use, it would get shredded now a days.

I have never used Legendaries, however i do like capturing them just to say i own them xD

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
level 60 charizard

5 level 20-35 meat shields.

Pretty much this

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
This was on Pokemon Red

Venasaur
Moltres
Jolteon
Hitmonchan
Snorlax
Kabutops

Sadly lost them after trading them to my Gold version and having it glitch and reset. Later learnt that it probably wasn't a legitimate copy to begin with.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
I played pokemon yellow first, i was only about 6 so i can't quite remember my whole team. But i remember i had a Pikachu (that's the starter in yellow and it can't be evolved), a dodrio, i think i also had a snorlax and a nidoqueen. But that's all i can rmember.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
Matthew94 said:
It was just Blastoise.

That's why I never finished it. The only one I trained properly was blastoise, The rest were HM slaves and just random catches.
Other than the not finishing it, that is exactly what I did, and with Blastoise too. I think it wasn't until emerald that I actually used more than just the starting pokemon and HM slaves.

I remember having the lapras though but I didn't train him... and I swear I had a lvl 100 Alakazam that I called TV, because I somehow managed to get him from blue all the way to heart gold... at least I think I did, is that possible? I might have just renamed all the Alakazams I caught.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
LetalisK said:
Ah victereebell, that's the one ^^

And nope, my victereebel would always survive the first attack with a few hp, type disadvantage or not, that's the easy part though, hardest part is what follows: casting sleep spore or w/e on mew two succesfully.

If it fails, then its gg. But 60-70% of the time it worked, and even the mightiest pokemon is helpless when he is asleep :) Then you just wrap up with poison spore and pray he doesn't wake up early (iirc you only needed 2-3 turns to kill the mewtwo, but obviously if it woke up you were screwed)

This pokemon was so adept at mewtwo and legendary pokemon slaying that I renamed him victorybell because of it ^^