Do you still watch Zero Punctuation every week?

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
BloodWriter said:
The Breadcrab said:
Yep, every Wednesday I watch it. Though at the same time, I've been getting disappointed with his more recent episodes.

/entering-minor-rant-mode

His jokes just aren't quite as funny anymore. I used to legitimately LOL in his earlier episodes (and still do when re-watching them), but his current episodes make me chuckle at best. Not to mention he recycles many jokes now (Saints Row: The Third reused a certain 'disembodied' joke), and some of them are now overly elaborate or simply consist of Yatzhee criticizing himself ("Caffeine 3? Oh god, that was terrible!" Yes, it was. What, was that the joke?). Alas, I'll still keep up with ZP unless it gets truly unwatchable. Let's hope it doesn't go there.

/ranting-complete
You must lead a sad life.... would be something i would say to anyone else but not an Escapist member, no way no siree! Just an off-hand observation that I remembered while reading your oh so lovely post.
Just a second, I'm trying to understand what the hell you wrote.

Nope, still don't understand it. Good effort, though.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
I watch them every week, on the day, and I have been since I first watched him, he only had 1 page of videos back then, oh how he's grown! *tears*

:)

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I watch it every week! It is what brought me to this site in the first place, and so I watch it out of loyalty! I also enjoy everything objectivly, I don't compare everything I see to everything else, I let it stand on it's own merits, so ZP to me is still as good as it always was!

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Religiously. It is my Thursday morning entertainment (I live in NZ, so it's already Thursday when it comes out) =D

nsqared

Nov 1, 2011
Yes. I love ZP, it's the reason i came to the site. I've seen most of the episodes and after time, i saw the forum things on the side... and decided to join.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
I find it rather saddening that most people only really listen to Yahtzee for the lols to be had in his videos. If you think about it, he's one of the easiest critics to deeply respect for his genuine opinion on gaming as a whole.

If you read his article, Extra punctuation, he actually spends a lot of time delving deep into the mechanics of game design as a whole, he's actually an extremely intelligent man, somebody to be respected by the gaming community as a whole, and learned from.

I know for a fact that when I start designing games (when, not if), I'm going to take notes from him and learn from his articles.

Like I said, it's just a terrible crying shame that people only accept his words at face value without realizing just how smart he actually is.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Lord Beautiful said:
It's still one of the highlights of my Wednesday.
Yep, ditto. Go to training, hit stuff, get home, shower, eat dinner, watch ZP and go to bed. That's been my Wednesday night schedule since I discovered ZP.

My life sounds a little dull when put that way, but I suppose so does everyone else's...

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Still watch it every week, on the day it come out. Though I stopped watching it every week for a while. Yahtzee was the reason I heard about this site to begin with.

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
I eventually watch them, but it depends on which game he's reviewing as to whether or not I watch it the day it comes out.

Onyx Nailo

Nov 14, 2010
i love watching zp. about once a week i watch every review in order oldest to newest...(i am both extremely proud and horribly ashamed)

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
I watch It every week, but I keep forgetting to watch Extra Credits on that day because im still stuck in the mindset that they come out on Thursdays.

Darby

Jul 21, 2010
I've stayed up late on Wednesdays to watch it when it comes out, which is usually about 2:00 am. Yes, every Thursday I watch it. It's Thursday here in Australia, or should I say "Yahtzeeland".