Do You Think You Know Videogame Music? Try Our Quiz!

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Oh come on, you had to pick a couple of obscure Japanese games to screw over my chances :(

Also:
You should have used Scars of Time instead of Dreams on the Shore Near Another World

vs

Edit:

Now that I think about it, the beginning of Dragon God might have been better to use for an iconic 10 seconds:

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/118.108-Conductor]

I'll take it.

Apr 28, 2008
Not exactly the badge I was expecting, but whatever.

I just had the largest nostalgia attack ever with that tune, about that one game, that was one of the first cell-shaded games ever.

I'm off to youtube now to look up old, awesome soundtracks. Toodles!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
deth2munkies said:
Oh come on, you had to pick a couple of obscure Japanese games to screw over my chances :(

Also:
You should have used Scars of Time instead of Dreams on the Shore Near Another World

vs

Edit:

Now that I think about it, the beginning of Dragon God might have been better to use for an iconic 10 seconds:
Either would have worked, but the song I *did* pick is one of the few pieces of videogame music to make me put down my controller in awe and just listen. I kind of had to go with it :)

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
only 56% or something close at first..... I felt my honor being crushed, had to take it a second time, 68%, alright, it seems I know less music then I would like to think so. To my defense I recognized some of them almost immediately, and some of those I never played. oh well, even if it says we only get one badge, I somehow got 2 (don't take the second away please) and the second feels more right.

On the quiz itself, pretty neat idea, at least I felt that SOME of my knowledge came useful.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Woop.
9 corret.

But seeing as I only knew about 4, that's awesome!

I remember battlefield like it was yesterday, so that was easy.
Daytona actually said the name its clip.
I'm amazed if no-one got Diablo or Monkey Island here, or TF2.

There we go.
So it's 6, actually. Means 3 out of 19 that I guessed were right.
But with a multiple choice thing, that's less than average.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Quite a few of those had the game name in the song clip :p

Also, my result never showed up.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Annoyingly, I love videogame music but didn't do that well simply because I haven't played that many games. I've seen concerts, got CDs and that... just didn't come up with the ones I wanted. Some good music in there I'll check out for sure though.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Section Leader

Congratulations!

You scored 60%, with 15 of 25 correct!

You're currently ranked 338th out of 640 total entries.

im content with this

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
A lot of those game I've never played so I don't really know much about their music, however I am a big lover of Videogame music.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
oh....

there where a few i didnt knew the games...

but great music nonetheless, loved the ones that i knew i got right like... ok, i wont spoil

hey! i would love to see an aswer sheet with this tunes, just to see where i went wrong

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Sweet, I managed to get 76% on the second go =) (56 on the first).The ones I actually knew, I KNEW

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
12/25 or 48%.

I'm satisfied with that, considering I only knew the the music from the games I'd played, which I guessed instantly.

The other 13 pieces & games were completely unknown to me, so it's not surprising I didn't know which pieces of mystery music went with what games I've never played.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Okami question! I love Okami.

I am disappointed by my score though, I love game music.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/118.107-Section+Leader]
64%
i got tears in my eyes when i recalled hollow bastion

BladesofReason

Jul 16, 2008
At first I was dismayed that I hadn't played a bunch of the games there but then I got to the Dreams one and felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Best game ever.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Heh. I only managed 44%

Trouble is, most of the time I saw a list of 4 options and realised I'd never even played any of the 4 games listed. So it was mostly guessing.

Shows how out of touch I actually am with the kind of games listed.

Then again, I don't own an Xbox, and have never owned any variety of playstation.
That alone rules out a lot of things.

And all the Nintendo stuff is ruled out for being too obvious, or ironically perhaps, too obscure.

But what does stand out is when I did know what it was, I knew it straight off.

It truly just does come down to never having heard any of these songs before.