Do you think you're the same person you were in High School?

SPCF

Jun 9, 2010
Well...
I AM in high school...
But I act differently than I do at home :p

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
If I was the same person I was in highschool, I would kill myself. Seriously to have not gained any wisdom, or emotional depth, to not have learned from mistakes. Yep would kill self.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I've certainly changed, and I'm still there. The start of last year was a nightmare for me, and most people around me.

I'm doing better now though. ^_^

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
High School was 7 years ago for me, I really hope I am not the same person I was 7 years ago. In 7 years from now I would hope I am not the same as I am today either. Life is about learning and growing as a person. It would be an awful waste to never change.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I am much less angry, and much more tollerent than I was in high school. I also cut contact with everyone I knew back then (outside of family). I am a completly different person than I was in High School. I have a different set of beliefs, friends, and priorities. For the most part I am also happier.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
No. I've refined my beliefs, and have learnt from potential errors. But my core personality, and motives remain unchanged.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
WanderFreak said:
Of course not.

Now I get paid to be somewhere I hate.
Good one, I must say.

OT: I've changed a lot! I've gained more confidence, and have become more clear-sighted.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Yes and No but mostly No. I mean, some things have changed. For example, I'm somewhere around 60lbs lighter and have been in the Army so my confidence has raised and I take charge of situations instead of just standing by (I know that sounds odd considering that the Army is about following orders but there were times, in training, where the squad leader would fail and I would take over. Interesting story with that...let me know if you want to hear it. Actually, I've got quite a few interesting stories from then but I won't go on unless somebody's interested). I've got a daughter now so I've had to become more responsible and I've become more frustrated with stupid people so I'm more likely to call people out on their ignorance or laziness. (I'm not a jerk, if you are trying, then I'll be nice and, maybe, even compliment you. If you say that you've got what it takes to be a star athlete or a Special Forces soldier but can't pass a simple PT test or memorize a couple things after a year...well, I'm going to be mean.)

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I'm still in Highschool but I imagine I'll change to some degree.

I start my Sophomore year tomorrow... not very happy about that...

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Look at me and what I was in high school, and look at me now, and the difference is night and day. School was a living hell for me that I barely got out of with a shred of sanity and positive self-image left.

University gave me a second chance outside of that hell, and I came out an entirely different person. I'm pretty certain of it.

Of course, I'm still the same witty, irreverent, possibly even intelligent person I always was, but it's simply a new outlook, a new mindset. Also, University allowed exposure to scenes and culture that simply didn't exist in the tiny ass towns I grew up in. I came away from it with a much larger world-view than I would have ever had if I'd never gone.

Also, dropping about 30 or so pounds somewhere along the way between the end of one and the other made a definite physical change, as well.

So, no, I'm not entirely the same, yet I am. If that makes sense...

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I keep a diary and every year I look back on the previous year and think 'what a fool I was!'.

I have a few things that I regret doing at school, but overall I'm not radically different.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Well, it's only been two years for me. I'm still just as geeky as ever, though I've learned from some major mistakes I made back then. As an end result, I'd say my philosophies are a little better, but that's pretty much it.