Do you want to be my friend?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Two people on my friends list I know in real life (prior to being on here) but they are not regular posters.

Everyone else on my list added me first and if I liked them from their posts or didn't mind them then I added them back. I have only ever removed one person from my list and that's because of a particularly nasty comment they made in a thread I saw (not directed at me).

I wouldn't say they are trophies or else I would go around adding everyone.

On Steam I only have people I know in real life and around 2 people I came across in a game, Live is the same, except only one of the people on there I have never met in real life.

Distorted Stu said:
The only reason i get friend requests ias because of my avatar.. i feel so lonely =[
It is an awesome avatar though, and I'm not even much of a pokemon fan.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Distorted Stu said:
The only reason i get friend requests ias because of my avatar.. i feel so lonely =[
I do love your avatar, where'd you get it from? Also wouldn't Electrode completely explode (die) when he Self-destructs?

Also am I the only one who geeks a little when I get a friend request?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have no friends on the Escapist, so no they aren't trophies to me. If I ever do decide to add friends, they'd probably people I would chat with from time to time.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
No I will not be your friend unless you send me a request and then I will. I send friend requests to people that I like on here, duh. I do have conversations, pm's, with them and enjoy it. Also if we have had good convos on threads with quoting then I will send them a freind request if I enjoyed the convo. No they are not for trophies either.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
messy said:
Mine are my enemies whose movements I like to be able to track.

I normally add people if we had a good debate (been while actually) and do occasionally see what they've commented on and see if it's my cup o'tea
"Keep yyour friends close and your enemies closer"
As close as possible as you can over the internet, hey I want to watch my enemies but still a bit of a coward

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Ekonk said:
JEBWrench said:
They're all trophies. On my mantle.
If that's how you treat your friends, I wonder how you treat your enemies.
I treat them to sundaes and a trip to the park.

Where they will surely get too much exposure to the sun in having so much fun there, that they get skin cancer and then eventually maybe die!

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Quiet Stranger said:
I've been wondering this for a while now, your friends on the Escapist (and Steam), how many of them are just trophies to you? Do you actually have conversations with them? Do you accept friend requests just to have a big list and feel manly (or womanly?) Do you often only talk to a few and forget about the others? Also, will you be my friend?? XD
I speak to almost all of mine except on here

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
If someone sends me a request here, I go ahead and accept it (In this case, befriend them as well), but I don't send requests first.

On other sites, I feel a need to actually have the faintest clue of why they know who I am (Random request = Denied)

I feel that friend lists tend to be more along the lines of "People I don't hate" lists, or "People I can stand" lists.

And as for the last question: No.

May 28, 2009
I'm as antisocial here as I am in reality, so my friend list is fairly short. I only befriend people who have befriended me first, and even then I have to actually know them and know why they are adding me, otherwise I shall despise you greatly.

deadagain33

Jun 11, 2009
You sound like a cool guy who doesnt afraid of nothing. If you dont mind 14 year olds from England who are slightly annoying some times but a good laugh to play with that is. As for steam friends, usually added after playing and talking to them (unless a real friend adds me) and i tend to talk to. I find removing people hardish, I have a 2 month no contact DELETE rule.

Liam1390

Sep 2, 2009
I don't have any friends on the escapist or on XBL. If I ever do, I wouldn't treat them like trophies, they would be people that I can have a conversation with, and don't mind my sarcasm.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
A few are merely people who like Metalocalypse, yeah that counts as a friend to me.
There are several that I post on Forum games and rp's with daily