Do you want to get married?

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Got the idea for this tread from the game Catherine? There was a trailer that had 3 questions, and people answering them. They went "1:Do you want to get married?" "2:If yes, to the person you are with?" and "3:If no, Why not?"

Your answers escapist!

Mine:
1: yes
2: She is like a friggin female clone of me. HECK YES!
3: N/A

EDIT: I mean in real-life, there seemed to be some confusing weather I meant real life or the game Catherine.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
In this day and age, I really don't see marriage as being all that essential. In days long past, hell yes. You were a pariah if you were divorced, so you'd better make damn sure you were getting hitched to someone you truly wanted to stay with forever. Marriage actually meant something. Today, I see billboards advertising "DIVORCE! ONLY $399!" Speaking in general terms, it means next to nothing today. You can get married, decide after a week that it was a stupid idea, and end it in less than a month. It's just another convoluted, considerably expensive step in dating.

I wouldn't be against getting married, per se, but nor do I feel that it's at all necessary anymore. My girlfriend and I have been together for years, we're quite happy, and we have a daughter. I fail to see how changing her last name to Douglas would make what we already have any more meaningful.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I read this question and a thought in a scottish accent passed through, "FREEDOOOOMM!!!".
So, no.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
Legally, maybe.
In a traditional manner, no.

I want to have some sort of non-traditional celebration, highlighting the relationship in a beautiful higher-than-life way. I don't want to push religion or a lot of family (if any at all) into it. I just want to get closer to her.

2. I'm not with anyone, never been. Not overly optimistic I will. There's a significant lack of females I'm interested in on this planet, and I'm terrible at that stuff to begin with.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Oh i thought you were proposing to me BOOM headshot (somenumbers).

Alas we can never be together.

I must toss my self off the highest object with in reach.

The answers are

1. Yes
2. N/A
3. Because.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
BOOM headshot65 said:
Got the idea for this tread from the game Catherine? There was a trailer that had 3 questions, and people answering them. They went "1:Do you want to get married?" "2:If yes, to the person you are with?" and "3:If no, Why not?"
Yes. Already did in fact. Been married 5 years. ^^ And very happily so.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Hard to say. On one hand, I get tax benefits and get to live with the love of my life. On the other, I don't have to pay for a ring that costs more than all the games and dvd's in my house and I still get to date around.

Although, marriage is still a long ways away for me. I won't consider getting married until I really feel like I can't live without that "special somone".

Now if you will excuse me, I need to wash out my mouth for talking about love.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
At the minute no, and probably not in the future. Considering marriage is sort of religious, and that I hate the fact that it assumes two people will stick together for all their life, meh. That said, some girl will probably force me into it someday.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I have been with my gf for 5 years now but I am only 21. She seems really keen on marrage I dont really care all that much but I will get married if it makes her happy just not right now I would rather do it when we are in a stable position where it wouldnt put us in debt.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
1. Yeah I wanna have a nice life with a wife and a couple of kids
2. Well she and I are very close
3. N/A

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I do. Sadly, I'm not with the one I want to marry right now, and she isn't really the marriage type anyway. :(

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Is that a proposal? ;)

Anyway, no. Marriage just seems overrated and largely pointless(except for the obvious tax benefits).

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
1. No, I have no desire to get married. (If whoever I'm with desperately wants to, that's a different story. I still wouldn't want to get married but I'd begrudgingly go along with it for their sake.)
2. I'm not with anyone so that question is irrelevant.
3. I don't need to go through some arbitrary, antiquaited ceremony to prove my love to anyone.