Do you want to get married?

Jan 27, 2011
1:Do you want to get married?
2:If yes, to the person you are with?
3:If no, Why not?"

1: Umm...not sure. I'd prefer not to (see #3 for why), but if the one I'm with would really really want it, and I was convinced beyond all doubt that this could last forever, then I'd do it. But want a small ceremony and stuff...I feel uncomfortable being in the spotlight.

2: Hmm...Assuming things keep going really well between us and she really really wanted it? Yeah. My GF is amazing.

3: While I appreciate the whole symbolism of getting married (IE, forever pledging yourself to one person)...It feels more like a big "HEY LOOK AT US EVERYONE!" kind of deal. It doesn't feel like it's the kind of thing that you need to announce to everyone, since it should be straight up obvious you're in love if you've been together for several years. That, and it also feels like a safeguard to keep both people together OR ELSE. If many years down the road, things fall apart, it should end without harsh feelings or complications. And the fighting over property and stuff that happens during divorces are nothing if not complications that cause harsh feelings.

TLDR VERSION: Stay with someone forever, yes. Legally bind myself to the person, why? Loving my partner is enough, I don't need to announce it to the world, or legally bind myself to her to make sure it lasts.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Yes I would like to get married someday.
I would've married the girl I was with, buttt... she broke up with me. xD;

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
1. Yes. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a "boyfriend." I want a husband, as much as I want to be a wife. Boyfriends and girlfriends are temporary. I don't buy into the whole "it's pointless and narcissistic to get married, our love is proof enough" business. If you love someone that much, why wouldn't you get married? I see it as the next logical step in a relationship. Staying boyfriend and girlfriend perpetually as always riding your bike with the training wheels on. Sure you can get along just fine with them, but isn't the point of training wheels to get you ready for the next step?

2. I always told myself I would never go out with somebody if I didn't see some potential in marrying them. And so far, I say the answer to this question is yes :3 We'll still need a few years to be sure, of course.

3. n/a.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
1: Yes I would eventually like to get married
2: This strange person that I would want to get married to is out there but I have yet to discover said person.
3: Sorry but there is no #3

hippolyte

Aug 9, 2011
1. No.
2. N/A
3. It has to be a no right now. I'm not getting married unless I find the right person. Otherwise I'd be marrying just to marry and that's just a waste.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
1. Yes, I like the idea of marriage and settling down with someone...so long as kids are never in the picture.

2. I'm single, so no.

3. Doesn't apply.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
1. Yup, I'd love to! I find a certain significance in tying the knot.
2. Of course!
3. N/A

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
1. Not really. Not unless there were benefits or something.

2. I'm 16, and I can't really imagine my life in two years, much less whether or not I'll still be with the person I'm with now in two weeks. So it's hard to say.

3. I think you don't need to be married to be in a relationship, and getting married for the sake of getting married is just sort of like getting a bit of paper that says you're in love with each other. My parents aren't married, my boyfriend's parents aren't married, and all four of them seem to be getting along just fine.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Yes, I suppose I do wish to get married at some point in my life. For myself, I cannot really explain why I wish to do so. In some ways, religious ceremony and legal vagaries aside, I was already married for a while... Still, as a single man, I can't answer the second question, and the third question is inapplicable.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Maybe.
I'm single right now and I'm not really looking. But to answer your question, to whom ever I can stand to be around with and share my thoughts and feelings without any hesitation. (Most people call it love.)

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Not really, but if I do I'm not going to have a big wedding. Celebrate at home then get hitched in Las Vegas and spend two weeks there. Ahh, Vegas how I love thee.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I want to be in a relationship with a woman that I love enough to want to marry, and for her to want to do the same. I don't necessarily have to go through with it though. Take that as a yes.

1: Yes
2: No
3: Not my soul mate, but a great girl nonetheless.

Irradiated Tiger

Feb 8, 2010
I'm currently much too young to get married but I do believe that one day I will tie the know with that special someone. Currently however I have absolutley no active plans and I'd only do it if I'm 100% sure I'd be happy with it.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well currently I'm sixteen, and single. So this isn't the biggest issue in my life. Right now I would say I don't really care about getting married because there's no reason beyond legal status benefits. That said I probably would get married for those benefits, but I'm more concerned about actually finding a woman that I'd be happy with as otherwise marriage is completely irrelevant to my life.And again, I'm not worried about that currently.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Dags90 said:
Not as a goal in and of itself, no. That just seems silly.
And Dags comes to the rescue.

OT: I am not opposed to marriage (well ... not entirely, there are some things I hate about it, but they can be resolved), but I don't actively want to get married. I think that if I am in a monogamous relationship, then I'd reach a point where calling him/her my boy/girlfriend wouldn't feel right, and calling him/her my husband/wife would just seem stupid because we wouldn't technically be married.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
1. I don't know, maybe. It's not something I think about to be perfectly honest.

2. I would have to actually be with someone for that to even be considered. I'm too busy and too much of a social retard for that to happen, so we shall see.

I've never really given the whole marriage thing a thought, unless someone asks me about it then that would be the only time I really think about it. I don't have much of an opinion on it mainly because I've seen people with great married lives and I've seen some horrific ones, my friends parents come to mind, so I'm on the fence about it.