Doctorpus M.D: Hottie catfight

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
"I nominate Princess Peach as the best female game character ever."

I plan to kill that *thing*, who's your second pick?

On topic, I've never thought of it that way, I'll have to show this to my brothers girlfriend who really loves mario.

EDIT: Very funny, but I can see not everbody gets it.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.70116.681291 said:
needausername post=9.70116.681270 said:
How does Samus get her boobs in that suit without making it obvious? Seriously they massive in the picture above
I think that was fan art.
even still her armor can turn her into a ball... so i won't question it's ability to hide something like those

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.70116.682119 said:
That said, the dialogue itself does give some insight into Samus's personality - a fair amount of technophobia (a distrust that spills over into hatred of Artificial intelligences) and an appreciation of nature both add to her as a character.
I'd challenge that. Samus comes across to me as a cold, ruthless, bloodthirsty ***** who will stop at (almost) nothing to fulfil her personal vendettas. How much wildlife has she killed on Zebes and SR388, both of which she eventually destroys entirely, simply because they got in her way? In fact, that incident with the baby metroid almost seems out of character for her, considering her determination to annihilate an entire species with no regard for what it will do to the ecosystem. In fact, also she comes across as extremely bigoted. Note how she'll leave the Dachora and Etecoons alone, and in fact has an amiable relationship with them, but god help you if you're an innocent Zoomer passing by.

As for the technophobia, I highly doubt it considering how dependant on technology and tech-savvy she is ("The Hunter is a proficient hacker and can move through our computer systems at will" - I forget exactly what it said, but that was the gist of a Space Pirate log in Metroid Prime). Her distrust of Adam seems to stem more from resentment at having a commander than distrust of the form that commander takes.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Who opens a topic called "Hottie catfight" and thinks: "My lord, this sounds serious..." Good thread, please don't humor those excessively angry fellows with a response. Of all the things to get mad about...

EDIT: Also, his point has been made in countless articles, yours to my knowledge has not. Thus the aforementioned irony.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
TOGSolid post=9.70116.796281 said:
just brainless zombies spewing out whatever they read in their latest articles in hopes of acceptance.
The irony here, is quite amusing.
*tastes carefully* Yup, it's pure. I'd say around a 2.5 on the Morissette scala.

Not a bad article, but I think it shows that it's leftovers from something you already did. I guess I can't blame you for stating points that were already mentioned elsewhere, that's what journalists usually do anyway :p

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Decoy, you make a wonderful point.

The problem is that in society, the progress of equality extends to women getting to play the role of men, rather than women being considered important characters.

Yet agian, you get my seal of approval.
Also, are you really an MD?

The Atomic Irishman

Oct 11, 2009
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Indigo_Dingo post=9.70116.681323 said:
It does seem odd that you seem to hold Samus's lack of adherence to the stereotypical female traits as sexism.
Incorrect. Samus doesn't have any traits whatsoever. Her gender is just something they threw in at the end to titillate fans (yay for words) it has no bearing or meaning, which is a shame.
What about the bit of humanity the giver her at the end of one of the installments where she in essence mothers a metroid? While not exactly human, she treats it with some sort of motherly respect. What are your thoughts there?

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Irishman: I call it inconsistent writing.
First 10 minutes of exploration on the planet from Metroid Prime:
clang. Tip tip tip tip tip. SCREEE-*BLAM* graow! *BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM* Peow-....BOOM
etc. The Galactic Wildlife Rangers Association would be appalled.

The whole thing about Princess Peach was just a bit over the top, but I absolutely always felt that way about Samus. Just so we're not worshipping Alyx, some other good female models:
Jade (BG&E) Ass-kicker who mostly depends on sneakiness and trickery rather than brute physical prowess (in a close-up fight she can't exactly contend with the Domz soldiers) She's inspired mainly by the defenseless kids she lives with.
Faith (Mirror's Edge) Ass-kicker with relatively believable proportions. She's a little reserved and violent because her history has developed a tense hatred of the newly developed world around her.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The Atomic Irishman said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
It does seem odd that you seem to hold Samus's lack of adherence to the stereotypical female traits as sexism.
Incorrect. Samus doesn't have any traits whatsoever. Her gender is just something they threw in at the end to titillate fans (yay for words) it has no bearing or meaning, which is a shame.
What about the bit of humanity the giver her at the end of one of the installments where she in essence mothers a metroid? While not exactly human, she treats it with some sort of motherly respect. What are your thoughts there?
Back when I wrote this the ending of Metroid 2 had honestly slipped my mind. Luckily I kept most of my criticism focused on the first game. While Metroid 2 is an exception to the trope in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 Samus is back to being a soulless robot again. Only this time... with a destiny.

The Atomic Irishman

Oct 11, 2009
Decoy Doctorpus said:
The Atomic Irishman said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Back when I wrote this the ending of Metroid 2 had honestly slipped my mind. Luckily I kept most of my criticism focused on the first game. While Metroid 2 is an exception to the trope in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 Samus is back to being a soulless robot again. Only this time... with a destiny.
Haha! very true indeed. But its likely better shes a louses robot than a blond volcanic hot hottie with jugs big enough to fill the bed of a pickup truck.