Does anybody else do this?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I think I have about 260 games on steam... no, I've not played them all :p

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
Back when I was a kid and the rental business was in full boom, they would sometimes have these crazy deals where you could rent 2 games and get another 2... I think the max Movie Gallery (then Box Office Video) would let you rent for was 5 days, and rarely would I ever get around to playing the other 2.

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
OverweightWhale said:
Unfortunately yes. I bought the humble bumble indie pack and got this years and last years. So far I've only touched like 3 of the games that I got with it...
I discovered the humble bundle existed the day it expired. Are they going to be doing another one? Is it a yearly thing?

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I have this problem, but with PC games in general. I have about 120-150 PC games and have played through completely about half, and part played maybe 100.

OverweightWhale

Apr 19, 2010
noxymoron19 said:
OverweightWhale said:
Unfortunately yes. I bought the humble bumble indie pack and got this years and last years. So far I've only touched like 3 of the games that I got with it...
I discovered the humble bundle existed the day it expired. Are they going to be doing another one? Is it a yearly thing?
I believe it's a yearly thing. I just found out about it this year and they offered last years bundle if you donated a certain amount. So I don't see why they wouldn't do it yearly since it's mostly done for charity.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I've got a similar issue, though it's with books rather than games. It's rare for me to leave a bookstore (new or used) or library with fewer than two or three books, unless I'm using a gift card or I'm otherwise broke.
When I buy games, however, I almost always play them for several hours unless they are truly god-awful abominations and crimes against the digital world (Vampire Rain for example).

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Sometimes I have games that I buy and play for a day then they are never touched again. Kinda sad really

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
I get uncomfortable when my game shelf gets cluttered. I actually start to feel guilty when I choose a game to play and pass right over something I haven't played in weeks.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
Yep I do that too. Still got most of the Prince of Persia games and all of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games to play. Also a lot of old ID games and GTA 1, 2, 3 and Vice City.
I'll play them eventually though.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Yep, not really on Steam, but with my physical collection. I think I've beat, like, one of my around 10 PSP games, for example...

Wickatricka

Aug 26, 2011
As long as you play them eventually then it was not a waste of money. Really what is the point in this thread?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I do this , but i'm a console gamer , so no steam sales for me . But at the begining of this year i had 50 none played console games that i owned , i like rpgs so i twnd to buy them before they disapear and are no longer buyable because , i have misses series in the past , notably .hack and suikoden , so i buy them in advance , im also prepared for a video game apocalypse , i have enough games to keep me occupied for years. Its a bad habit i find but im playing all my games 1 by 1 . Slowly but surely

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Not really, I buy the majority of my games hard-copy, and try to make downloads of games (legitimate, online purchases) that I know I'm going to play and probably really enjoy.

Sprong

Nov 17, 2009
I definitely do that. I wouldn't if it weren't for Steam sales ... damn you Valve. "$2/5 for a full game! How can I not buy this?"

senobit

Jan 6, 2011
I'm terrible for picking up stuff then not getting around to playing it or getting distracted half way though - got about 130 games on my list to play.

Darth Awesome

Dec 9, 2009
I do the same thing, I have tons of games that I even forgot about. But I guess having so many games comes handy when I'm bored with what I usually play, and re-discovering them after a long college semester is like unwrapping an awesome gift from myself. :D