does anybody else know about vocaloid?

NoblePhilistineFox

Apr 8, 2010
so anyway, I thought that Vocaloid was somthing that would be very popular on the escapist, but when a group was made between two fellow fans, it was sad at how few people joined.
so was there anything you thought was popular that you found out...wasnt?

and just because vocaloid is awesome

if youre interested please join the group, we're very lonely T_T

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The only thing that I really know about it is that a lot of people on Gaia cosplay Rin in the avatar arenas and that they're singing robots.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the last bit.

NoblePhilistineFox

Apr 8, 2010
soren7550 said:
The only thing that I really know about it is that a lot of people on Gaia cosplay Rin in the avatar arenas and that they're singing robots.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the last bit.
thats basically it,
its vocal synthesising software

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
Everybody likes Hatsune Miku and Supercell, that's about all I know.

Seriously though some of their songs are pretty cool even if the lyrics are silly.

Canton

Jan 30, 2009
Wait, is this a topic about vocaloids? or anything one thought was popular but found out wasn't?

In any case, if you're trying to convince people that vocaloids are awesome, the easiest way would be to demonstrate how close to human they can sound. This is where GUMI comes in!

Original:

Vocaloid Cover:

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Vocaloid, but I guess most people that know me on this site already know that.

As for other things I thought was popular, and found out wasn't, I'd say most of the obscure anime and manga I'm into. Well, obscure everywhere outside of the East. Most of the time, it's just because Western fans are too concerned with whatever [adult swim] is is forcing at the time, to look into anything good. I'll admit they had a few good anime series in the early days though.

NoblePhilistineFox

Apr 8, 2010
child of lileth said:
[HEADING=1]YOU CANT POST ON HERE!!!![/HEADING]
youre the freakin creator of the group.
you also had prior knowledge of the threads creation, thats cheating.

and as for the anime thing, I found out non-h Yuri wasnt as popular as I thought it was TwT
Im probably the only guy who ACTUALLY reads Yuri for the story.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
[Kira Must Die said:
]I love vocaloid! They always make my day.
love the avatar, that's one of my favorite videos.

Oh, how I love vocaloid. I have 46 vocaloid videos favorited on my youtube account for easy viewing. I spent hours trawling youtube search, looking for decent videos with english subtitles. The end result is totally worthless, and yet I hunger for more. Recommend some to me! (must have a video and english subs)

Some of my favorites: