does anybody wish your rivals were the opposite gender in pokemon games?

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
like I said, I can only think of one game were the opposite gender option turned into your rival(ruby/sapphire) and now with black and white coming out I had got my hopes up, sadly I always have liked both options and kind of wish you could encounter them more often but a lot of times the opposite gender PC never make an appearance if your not that gender, I just wish you could fight them as your rival. now the first generations have an excuse, in R/B/Y, and G/S there was no other gender to chose so the rival had to me a different character altogether, but that isn't so in B/W and D/P/PL. your thoughts?

Isla

Aug 25, 2010
Have you seen what your new rival is like though? He's brilliant. Not to add spoilers for people who don't read up on the game before release but he may be a challenge and a half.

Gender doesn't matter - especially not in pokemon.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
it's that i like BOTH the gender characters so i just want them to play a big role as your rival so you can encounter them often

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Umm... my rival has been the opposite gender in every Pokemon game that gave me a choice.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
which games are you playing? ^

RBY have gary(blue) as your rival
GS have silver
RSE have your oppsite gender
DP/PL have Wally
so have you only played the third gen games?

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Yeh!!

I hate girls and believe they should never be Pokemon masters!!

*puts on his flame jacket*

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I've played Emerald, Diamond, LeafGreen, and SoulSilver. All of which have boys being my rival.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
I've played Emerald, Diamond, LeafGreen, and SoulSilver. All of which have boys being my rival.
ah, i mean the player character, like in emerald you can chose the the male or female, and if your a male the female option is your rival, and if your female the male is your rival, i like both choices and i wish you could see more of the choice you ended up not playing as.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
dystopiaINC said:
Aris Khandr said:
Dethpixie said:
I see this going the erotic fanfic route very quickly.
Bulbasaur! Use Vine Whip! ;)
lol http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=29
I now see myself being the scientist with glasses. :/

Because that would totally be something that I would say. XD

And I would get that same reaction. :p

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
dystopiaINC said:
Aris Khandr said:
Dethpixie said:
I see this going the erotic fanfic route very quickly.
Bulbasaur! Use Vine Whip! ;)
lol http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=29
I now see myself being the scientist with glasses. :/

Because that would totally be something that I would say. XD

And I would get that same reaction. :p
yes, yes you would, and i would be the one yelling at you, but i would agree if she was older. lol

any way could you imagine if you had more Pokemon slots for your party? had the rivals like i have poster about before, and had a friend or somebody tag along for much of the game that you can interact with? not brief segment like in D/P/PL but during most of the game from town 1 to the league, not fighting with you but there all the same and sometimes helping out in double battles. i would love to see improvement like far more than just graphical, region, and technical changes,