Does anyone else's school do anything like this?

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
So, recently it was my school's Jeans for Genes day band song (for Jeans for Genes day (surprisingly)) and I was wondering if anyone else's school does/did anything like this for charity events.

(Jeans for Genes Day is when everyone brings in a pound for the ability to wear Jeans for theday, to help a charity for sufferers of genetic dieseses.)

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
No, we could wear jeans whenever we wanted. They did do little charity drives, like "put a penny in this box to help kids with cancer" but no one ever did.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
My school never did anything like that, they never did anything for charity really. I wish the would have, it seems pretty cool. Although they probably would have played shitty music.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
I went to a catholic High School, so we had what I called "Civvie Days" which were usually special events days of some kind.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
My school didn?t do anything like that but I wish they did. For charities, we had bake sales and raffles.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
No, we werent really much about charity. i guess someone way back (like, late 80s) got upset that the school was doing some kinda charity for something having to do with a disease and they had asked one day at lunch if anyone would like to donate a dollar towards the cause (and you could either give them one, or they could just take it out of your lunch account). they said they put up flyers in school for the few days before, and i guess sent out a letter to the parents through the mail so parents knew.

So the way I was told, some kid did give an extra dollar, and after his mother found out she raised a fit about how the shcool was stealing her money through her child by working programming them (teachers saying it would be nice, but you dont have to) and threatened to sue for her dollar back, plus some much larger money for emotional distress caused by the situation, and i guess she took off a days work to come down (even though the hours she worked she could have worked a full day and still came down, or scheduled a later appointment) so she wanted compensated her money as a server, which she included her "thought to be gained tips".

So yeah, tl;dr, the school doesnt want the headache anymore. Now they just do internal fundraisers. PLus I think if my school did this, the guys (mostly, but some girls would as well) would take it as a challenge to either not come in tos chool, come in without pants, or come in in drag (I would have). And there was a a news story somewhat recently about someone cross dressing and he got in trouble.