Does Anyone Here Remember The 80s

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
I'm 21, and was born 11.12.89. So i was a new born around the time the 80s was ending. As a kid, i always though 80s stuff was corny and lame, growing up with CGI stuff like Jarassic Park, and 3D video games like Playstation. However, as i got older, i started becoming more fascinated with 80s. Seems like a pretty cool laid back, and cheesy, yet fun time. I wish i could just walk down the street with a boombox on my shoulder now-a-days. I'd trade my teen years in the 00s for being a teen in the 80s

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I was born in 1990, so, No. I don't want to live there either, they had terrible fashion sense and design.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
I was born in 1990, so, No. I don't want to live there either, they had terrible fashion sense and design.
Not to mention the recession of the early 80's.

Also, don't you remember 90's. Sweatpants were fashionable in the 90's. Sweatpants. And remember the late 90's. Leather and cargo pants.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Dags90 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Not to mention the recession of the early 80's.

Also, don't you remember 90's. Sweatpants were fashionable in the 90's. Sweatpants. And remember the late 90's. Leather and cargo pants.
I never said the 90's were better or had good fashion sense, but at least it wasn't the 80's. Ugghhgh... devo.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dags90 said:
Sweatpants were fashionable in the 90's. Sweatpants. And remember the late 90's. Leather and cargo pants.
*shudders*

Cargo pants....ugh. I remember those, yeesh.

OT: Well I was born 1986, and I remember very little. I do remember my parents going nuts when the Berlin Wall fell, and I remember some of it from TV, but being very confused.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
I remember what I've seen in 80's movies. Cause I was born in 1990.

I, for one, am happy I grew up in the 2000's. We have nifty things like internet and (actually fun) video games. Also, some of the stories my dad tells me of being in college before the internet (he was in the 80's) are horrific. I'll take my Internet infused and hella easier education over his Dewey Decimal and Card Catalogue systems any day of the week.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I was born in February of 1988 and my very first memory is being in a movie theater with Mom and Dad and having them cover my eyes. The movie were were watching was Batman. So I do have one vague little 80's memory. I kinda wish I was born a little bit earlier though so I could have had a better appreciation of the 80's. Also...Jurassic Park was animatronic robots/puppets wasn't it? I didn't think they got CGI heavy until the second or third one.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Being a teen in the 80s was okay... but honestly, I don't think the 'teenager experience' has really changed since the 60s - school sucks, the 'rents won't let you have as much fun as you want to, and most of your 'peers' are absolute wankers.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Being a teen in the 80s was okay... but honestly, I don't think the 'teenager experience' has really changed since the 60s - school sucks, the 'rents won't let you have as much fun as you want to, and most of your 'peers' are absolute wankers.
Well, maybe not so much if you are a middle class white heterosexual christian male teen, and even then I doubt it.

Otherwise, things have definitely changed since the 60s.

Feb 9, 2011
I don't remember the 80s considering my age. The only good things that came out of the 1980s were The Breakfast Club and Ferri Bueller's Day Off.

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Dags90 said:
Sweatpants were fashionable in the 90's. Sweatpants. And remember the late 90's. Leather and cargo pants.
*shudders*

OT: Well I was born 1986, and I remember very little. I do remember my parents going nuts when the Berlin Wall fell, and I remember some of it from TV, but being very confused.
i think that happened a few days before i was born. my mom said she remembers seeing it on tv when she was in labor

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Born is 81, so yes, I do.

There was a major recession in Ireland and world wide, so I remember being poor.

Kinda like it is now.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Dags90 said:
I think this speaks for itself. [http://fuckyeahugly90sclothes.tumblr.com/]

Yeah, I was there for the 80s. There was some good stuff. There was some bad stuff. There was some mind-bogglingly stupid stuff. Kind of like every decade. I guess it was pretty cool and pretty laid back. Oh, except for that whole Cold War thing, back when we still had Soviet Russia around looming over us. Good times.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
DarthScorpio11 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Dags90 said:
*shudders*

i think that happened a few days before i was born. my mom said she remembers seeing it on tv when she was in labor
Off the top of my head I think you were, if I remember my history right. I was born on a major tragedy, so my parents had the privilege to watch it happen and have me! Huzzah!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
I think this speaks for itself. [http://fuckyeahugly90sclothes.tumblr.com/]

Yeah, I was there for the 80s. There was some good stuff. There was some bad stuff. There was some mind-bogglingly stupid stuff. Kind of like every decade. I guess it was pretty cool and pretty laid back. Oh, except for that whole Cold War thing, back when we still had Soviet Russia around looming over us. Good times.
Why did it take us so long to figure out how to make non-ugly denim? And why did we use so much extra fabric!?

This is the biggest Nostalgia kick I've had since I found out my sister's workout watch is of the wrist slap variety.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Good tunes, good 'toons, good times!

Except for the whole lack of internet and decent computers.