Does anyone know when A level results come out?

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Hello fellow Escapists, does anyone know when UK A level results are published?
To add discussion value to this thread, what subjects did you take/are you taking and what grades are you hoping to get?

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
They come out mid-late August. Usually you go into your 6th form college to collect your results, you can also go on the UCAS website to see if you've got your place, and if you have got your place a letter should arrive through the mail informimg you that you've got your university place. Well, thats what happend with me last year.

My A Level Results:

History:B
Psychology:B
Ethics and Philosophy:B
English Literature:B

Depending on what course your doing in univesity, you'll probably find the first year of university easier than your last year of A Levels, and the marking scheme's at university seem to make more sense than at A-Level. I remember coming out of A-level exams thinking i've done brilliant and come out with a D, and also coming out out exams thinking i've done crap, and got A's. In university, exams seem to be more....rationalised.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
August 19[sup]th[/sup], according to this source [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Results_Day]. Would make sense as the Results Day for GCSE and A Level are always on a Thursday, with A Level results coming out a week before GCSE. You may be able to get your resuts online as well a few days earlier but I'm not sure how.

I'm currently only doing AS Levels with one fast track A Level, but I'm still going in to pick up those results nonetheless. The results I'm hoping for are:

Maths AS: A
Physics AS: B/ A
Music Technology AS: B
Computing AS: A
Critical Thinking A2: B

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Those aren't my predicted results, but I would be happy if I got those results. I don't actually know my predicted results, but they're probably somewhere in the same general area.

BenFace

Jul 7, 2009
It is indeed the 19th

Im needing an A in film studies and a D in bio to go to the uni I want. Here's hoping xD

BenFace

Jul 7, 2009
Eukaryote said:
BenFace said:
It is indeed the 19th

Im needing an A in film studies and a D in bio to go to the uni I want. Here's hoping xD
Ah come on dude, high school bio is a breeze! You'll get at LEAST a C
A level aint high school Broseiden.
It's solid as hell xD

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I have no idea when they come out but I am predicted

Politics: A
English Lang/Lit: A
Geography: C

I am so shit at geography haha

BenFace

Jul 7, 2009
Eukaryote said:
BenFace said:
Eukaryote said:
BenFace said:
It is indeed the 19th

Ah come on dude, high school bio is a breeze! You'll get at LEAST a C
A level aint high school Broseiden.
It's solid as hell xD
Oh really? What is it?
It's a step above high school stuff, but before university. It doesn't help that I'm just god awful at biology, taking it was a major mistake xD

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Here's my predictions:

Sociology - A (It's easy as shit)
English - C or D (I answered one of my essays on the wrong section)
Maths - B
Biology - B
P.E - A

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. I'm very sure I've fucked up though.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
im hoping to get an A in chenistry
(my school mademe take triple science a year early, so far i got B in biology.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
JanatUrlich said:

you're doing geography?
i started a month ago and we learnt about YARDANGS!

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I know this was intended for UK residents, but I'll post my predictions anyway:

Maths(HL) - B (I did really well in paper 1 but not so well in 2)
English(OL) - B or A (I didn't have time to finish an essay, but otherwise, I kicked ass)
French(OL) - B (I love French)
Irish(OL) - D (I hate Irish)
Physics(HL) - C (I could've done better. But I'll still be happy with a C)
History(HL) - C (Very cautious prediction - I'm good at History but I have very bad luck with it)
Construction(HL) - D (Again, could've done better, but I still think I passed)
L.C.V.P.(CL) - Distinction (Easy enough)

*HL = Higher level
OL = Ordinary level
CL = Common level

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, our results come out on August 18th - my dad's birthday. Let's hope his birthday luck will rub off on me, eh?

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
August 19th. GCSEs are weird this year, coming out on the 24th. Ah well, am getting pissed with some GCSE people before their results. Premature celebration for either doing well or resitting their entire year.

I am predicted Bs in Law, English Lang/Lit and History French Revolution. Might have got a B in History (I hate the subject, though) but I screwed up my English Lang/Lit paper and my LA2 exam. Writing a page and a sixth for 4 questions? Not good. Not good at all.

And Law doesn't have coursework! Might be able to scrape a C in English due to coursework being A grade standard. My story was amazing, if I may say so myself.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
In Scotland we get our results the first week in August. I'm waiting for my second batch of highers (Highers are equivalent A levels but you only get one school year to do the course)

Hoping for all A's in Biology and Chemistry (they're resits so they don't really count) and in History and Modern Studies (easy topics really)

Last year I got B's in English and Maths and D's in Bio, Chem and Physics.

Good luck to everyone!

Chancecall

Money to burn
Nov 18, 2009
Law B
English Lit B
History B
Biology B

Worst (as in 'most useless') colelction of A levels you ever did see. Still, it got me to University!

Good luck to all those on the Escapist waiting for their results. Just remember regardless of whether you do well or not, theres always somthing positive to take away from the experience!

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
I'm waiting for my GCSE results (anyone know when the NI ones come out? Can't find them anywhere) and think I'll do well, but could I'm planning on doing Art, Physics, ICT and Spanish next year for A Levels. Anybody got tips/advice on these choices? I'm doing Art because I enjoy it, ICT for university (hopefully programming), Physics because its a maths-related subject and Spanish because I want to be bilingual. Could any wiser Escapists offer opinions?

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
JanatUrlich said:

you're doing geography?
...I don't even know what that is.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
If you need your results for Uni admission or something, your tutors/lecturers can give you predicted grades to get you a conditional uni place.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
JanatUrlich said:
imnotparanoid said:
JanatUrlich said:

you're doing geography?
...I don't even know what that is.
they are big rock, things.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Aye, it's always the Thursday nearest my birthday. This time it's the day before.

I did French, Chemistry and Maths, but quit at the end of my first year to work full-time. This was ten years ago, before AS came in, so I came out with nothing and effectively wasted that year. Doesn't seem to have made a lot of difference, really - since then I've had two good long-term office jobs and I'm now at university just about to start the final year of a degree in Psychology and Counselling.