Does anyone sleep with a plushie/pillow/item of sentimental value?

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
I used to have a bunch, now I only have one: a small, light blue teddy bear that I have at least three names for. Its head, arm, and leg have all been re-sewn on since my dog got a hold of it. I used to sleep with it a lot when I was younger; now it just sits on a shelf in my closet. I think it's on of the oldest ones I've ever had.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
No, when I was younger I was mocked for having a stuffed dinosaur toy (talking younger than eleven here). Since then I think I have tended to avoid anything like that.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
So in my shiny new place I have a rather awesome king-size bed. Awesome because I'm a restless sleeper to the point where I fall out of single beds regularly. Not so awesome because I'm all kinds of single and have no one to cuddle up to. So I have pillows. Two I rest my head on. Four reside piled up against the wall-side, which is lovely when I've got my back to them. And one I hug. I own no soft toys or anything like that, therefore pillows. Lots of.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
My wife. Though, I'm the fuzzier and squishier of the two of us.

We used to sleep with her blanky from childhood; a full-size blanket created by her grandmother and maintained by her mother for a while. It got pretty worn out, so my mom cut it up and re-stitched it into a baby blanket for our daughter.

I don't really have anything like that in earnest. I have sentimental items, but none that I feel compelled to sleep with.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I still have the Spiderman blanket I had when I was 4.
Other than that, no.

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
I have a plush yellow and black angelfish called bubbles, which ive had since I was 4

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No I don't sleep with any, but I do have a few that I keep for sentimental reasons.
Aeryn Seoung said:
I often sleep with my Moogle Plush. I love Moogles. he is snuggly. Anything else?
Damn it! I want one of those!

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
I have an old Mickey Mouse plushie.

I've had it ever since I was born and nothing in the world could replace him.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I still have my purple bunny I got when I was 3 next to my bed, I rather like it. I've also got a ancient plush seal, a mouse with its throat torn open (not my fault, I just never got it repaired when I found it), a squirrel and tons of other plush stuff in a drawer under my bed. Not really sentimental value, but I'm a bit of a hoarder.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Actually my mom brought down some stuff from the attic and I rescued a small collection of childhood toys that held sentimental value to me, including my first teddy bear and a beanie baby inch worm.

I have them sitting in my closet on a shelf. I wouldn't sleep with any of them now, I imagine the bear is filled with dustmites, but for a time in my life they meant something to me and so long as I have a real choice in the manner, I just want to keep them.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Yep, I have a toy dog called Kipper, a dinosaur called licky and I also sleep with my DSi (so my Pokemon?) and iPod touch

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nope. Got a big fucking dog thing though, but it's so heavy and big that having it anywhere on the bed is really uncomfortable so it just stays slumped next to my bed.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I currently have a stuffed rabbit that wears a mini scarf I knitted for it. Lately I've been sleeping with it, whether I'm hugging it or not.

I also have a stuffed owl and a stuffed baby Jack Skellington.

Saregon

Yes.. Swooping is bad.
May 21, 2012
Well, I have my teddy that was given to me at my baptism, he's really worn out and has needed repairs a few times, so at one point my mom made him a pair of pants, a sweater, a hat, socks and mittens to let him last longer. When I was younger I would always have him in my bed or even take him on vacation (I had trouble sleeping when he wasn't there). I still take him with me when I move and such, but for the last 7 or 8 years he's been in a box. And after reading this thread I feel really bad for it, 'cause I still love him to bits, probably the one thing I own with the highest sentimental value.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I still have some old stuffed plush animals from my childhood sitting up in a corner of my room, but only in a "I've never gotten around to/it's not quite yet time to throw these out" kind of way. I'm not a very sentimental person for objects; I prefer memories and ideas.
That, and there's the fact I have a cat from the same childhood that's about 15 years old now who likes to hop in my bed with me around the time I'm falling asleep. With a pet like that, who needs a plush?

Though as part of my mind's systematic hypothetical speculation, I'll admit I likely would sleep with a plush pony if I were to get my hands on one I like.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
A stuffed monkey named George that my grandfather got me when I was around three.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
GenuineCounterfeit said:
I completely understand the appeal, but I never really took to one, even when I was a child. I always found them annoying as I like to sprawl out in bed, and it would always just end up falling out.
Yeah I am the same

Never liked it as a kid cuz the plushies would get in the way