Does this Star Wars Game Exist?

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
I had some time today to watch star wars again as its been a while,then I realized how cool it would be to fly an X-wing or tie-fighter in a dogfight.

Is there a "modern game" like Elite Dangerous that is star wars where you can pilot many ships and do missions. I remember the old lucas arts games but they are way dated now and looking for something a bit sexier on the eyes and in-depth

For example; You are flying down the belly of the death star and blowing up its weak-spot, having to fly on the planet hoth and trip over as many AT-AT's with your grappleing hook .

Probally a long shot but seems really rediculous if they have not created something like this for star wars fans and I am not a fanatic either. Ive never had any new star wars games, all that republic light sabre nonsense/battlefront stuff never interested me.

Id like to hear your thaughts too if you agree a game like this should exsist if it doesnt.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
There are a ton of these type arcade games out there, including new battle pods in Japan that do are exactly what you describe. However arcades are not much of a thing outside of Japan. There are some old X-wing series games out there, mostly space battles.

Battlefront 2 and the new Battlefront will have some of this. As in Battlefront 2 the space battles were not the best they could be.

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
There's the old X-Wing series for PC which can be found on GOG.com and Steam, though the GOG versions are recommended as they have the DOS collector's CDs for X-Wing and TIE Fighter and the GOG version of X-Wing Alliance is supported by the modding community, the Steam version isn't. Do note that the latter two installments of the series, x-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance require a joystick. An Xbox 360 gamepad can be used in lieu of a joystick in a pinch, but there is no mouse support at all for those two games.

There is also the Star Wars Rogue Squadron series, though only the first game is available on PC, the other two were GameCube exclusive. If you have a GameCube or Wii lying around or want to try your luck emulating with Dolphin, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 would also be worth checking out.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Supernova1138 said:
There's the old X-Wing series for PC which can be found on GOG.com and Steam, though the GOG versions are recommended as they have the DOS collector's CDs for X-Wing and TIE Fighter and the GOG version of X-Wing Alliance is supported by the modding community, the Steam version isn't. Do note that the latter two installments of the series, x-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance require a joystick. An Xbox 360 gamepad can be used in lieu of a joystick in a pinch, but there is no mouse support at all for those two games.

There is also the Star Wars Rogue Squadron series, though only the first game is available on PC, the other two were GameCube exclusive. If you have a GameCube or Wii lying around or want to try your luck emulating with Dolphin, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 would also be worth checking out.
Oh hell yes, Rogue Squadron II was fantastic. It'll play on a Wii as well.