Does your PC Cry.........sis?

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
I just spent a shitload of cash upgrading my machine so if it can't run everything that's coming out this year on all high I will be very disappointed.
No disappointments so far.

PS. I spent that shitload of cash mainly to be able to run TESV: Skyrim on all high. If I manage that, mission accomplished. :D

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I can run The Witcher 2 on max settings at 60 FPS (unless I activate Ubersampling, that chops 30 frames off).

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I can barely run Half-Life 2. So my PC would probably explode in a mushroom cloud if I tried to run Crysis on it.

Nichael Bluth

Jun 26, 2011
My entry-level iMac's several years old now... I was pretty surprised to see that it ran Crysis at a very high framerate on "High" settings (most setting turned up, and resolution at max). The framerate slowed down a bit during explosions and firefights, but I only noticed it because I was looking for it, it was still perfectly playable.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I can run it on medium to low settings at a low res and eke out about 40 FPS; it's surprisingly scaleable. Meanwhile, a lot of console ports -- especially Turok, which I can't get over 25 FPS even with everything turned to the lowest setting, and the original Assassin's Creed, which will run at a decent framerate, but not without looking crappy -- kill my system. For reference, I can get a playable framerate out of every source engine game I've tried, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R. and Bioshock; non-source engine games made post-Bioshock are a crapshoot, especially if they run on the Unreal III Engine, which seems to have become less optimized over the years. For example, Fear 2 runs quite nicely, but CoD:MW is really choppy, and I'm afraid to try MW2.

Edit: For an Unreal example, look back up at Turok, which runs on the Unreal 3 engine.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I know have Crysis, but I can run Metro 2033 on normal settings (overall) with everything apart from that big setting on high.

MrManatee

Jul 1, 2011
Team Fortress 2 on max settings at around 90fps. The reason i am using tf2 as an example is because its harder to run then battlefield: BC2.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
It runs full settings on Crysis 2 (haven't tried the DX11 version) but b4 I upgraded my video card to a ATI 6770, it could only run Crysis 1 on Medium

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
MrManatee said:
Team Fortress 2 on max settings at around 90fps. The reason i am using tf2 as an example is because its harder to run then battlefield: BC2.
Wait, are you sure? I've been avoiding BC2 and ignoring the stuff on BF3 because I didn't think I could run it. If BC2 is actually better optimized than TF2, I may have something big to look forward to this Summer...

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Nichael Bluth said:
My entry-level iMac's several years old now... I was pretty surprised to see that it ran Crysis at a very high framerate on "High" settings (most setting turned up, and resolution at max). The framerate slowed down a bit during explosions and firefights, but I only noticed it because I was looking for it, it was still perfectly playable.
Turn on AA and see how it fares. AA is a setting that's not on the advanced graphics list, so most people don't realize it's off.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Canid117 said:
my PC can run Crysis 1 at 8 fps on low settings. Laptops aern't exactly the most powerful thing out there.
I can run Crysis on low or normal settings. Put it on ultra just to see how it looked 2 FPS. FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING but horrible in terms of playability lol. Also I have a laptop.

Nichael Bluth

Jun 26, 2011
WaaghPowa said:
Nichael Bluth said:
Turn on AA and see how it fares. AA is a setting that's not on the advanced graphics list, so most people don't realize it's off.
Yeah, AA's a killer. Things get pretty choppy when I turn it on. I had it completely off. I always have it off sort of on principle: It's so demanding, yet visually changes so little...

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
I put in WoW and it sobs like a little *****. I whip it until it works, but it won't run any new games that require good hardware or above.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
CCountZero said:
Dual GTX580s pretty much tears everything to shreds.

You'd either have to be crazy like me, or just have a sugar daddy or something, to spend that kind of money.
And here I was, thinking I was crazy for buying a rig with 1 of those... Well, then again, it happens to have a lot of other nice things in it, but... Yea... Dude, you should seek out a mental hospital. xD

Seriously though, with this new computer of mine there's nothing I can't play on highest. At least not yet. I'd like to see how it handles the next CryEngine though... :D

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
My laptop can run Crysis on low, but my new desktop can run almost everything currently out (including Crysis and Crysis 2) on Ultra High with no issues.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
So, I shall tell ye a tale of woe...

There was a time when my computer satisfied all of me needs. It played Fallout, and GTA, and Arkham with ease. And even AssCreed 2, it completed its duties, though it ran kinda laggy like yo momma's booty.

But soon, time passed, and I'm sad to say, I can't run New Vegas for a tenth of a day. A crash here, a crash there, my processor wept. And even Psychonauts, was poor framerate kept. My beloved Team Fortress, I had to abandon, a week before uber update blah blah blah juhanton.

I'm fixin and tweakin, updatin, oh my. New Drivers, underclocking, the whole piece of pie! To one day play once more...

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Hell my computer blows up with Fallout 3 on medium-low settings. It sucks. Completely. But hey, at least I'm not trying to run one of the Love Death games.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
WaaghPowa said:
My pc is powerful enough to run Crysis 1 on ultra settings with the extreme FX mod, 60fps.
Pretty much this at 1080p/8xAA/16xAF. It's amazing what a Phenom II X4 965 and a Radeon HD 5770 can do.