Domestic abuse

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
So i have a buddy of mine she was in high-school with me and i recently learned her husband is abusing her and so is her son. I need to know fellow escapists. What is the status of killing a 17 YO and his dad if they are beating on a defenseless person?
I mean take the average Dr. Phil battered woman and put surgeon precise bruises, threats over all manner small things, and two men that outweigh her by 200 pounds into the mix and you have the situation.

Seriously though, Whats the legal standpoint for killing them if they start shit again? Would it be justifiable homicide?

ThatPurpleGuy

Feb 4, 2010
Depends where you are? Laws are different everywhere.

Here in Australia the laws are pretty bad against defending yourself or property. I believe there have been cases where someone has broken into someones house, the owner took to him with a baseball bat and he then gets damages against him for 'unreasonable force'...its just dumb.

I believe Americans have it right. If someone attacks you, you should be able to do everything in your power to stop them even if it means killing them.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
It's so funny when people say they're going to kill someone. The legal standpoint is it doesn't matter how justified you think the murder is, it's still murder, and if you were to go through with it it would be first degree murder. You'd go to prison for a very, very long time. Call the police.

DMonkey

Nov 29, 2009
I would have to say still quite illegal.

Could be wrong, but murder is still against the law.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Killing them is not the correct choice. Contact the authorities. Try and get some other support from the rest of her family.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Ehh, its not really a case of justifiable homicide. If you murdered them, its still murder. If shes being abused is really not an excuse because you have the means to leave.

About the only way it would be justifiable homicide is if you could absolutely prove that the abuser was trying to kill you. Then it would be self defense.

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
No killing, murder is rarely the answer, call the cops, have them come over, preferably while or immediately after something happened, and get the law involved. Because, guess what, these things are almost never resolved internally.

And if the cops don't help, then you're going to have to get her out of there.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
If i knock them out and remove that fear element shes worried about temporarily where do i stand? To mad to go looking through legal books for that bit. Cops are no help because its the third time and the cops are idiots where she is. By legality i meant would it be justifiable by some extent.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
That has got to be the stupidest way to approach any problem, ever.

Just call the cops, you probably wouldn't be able to bring yourself to kill them anyway.

TheStatutoryApe

May 22, 2010
Randy11517 said:
So i have a buddy of mine she was in high-school with me and i recently learned her husband is abusing her and so is her son. I need to know fellow escapists. What is the status of killing a 17 YO and his dad if they are beating on a defenseless person?
I mean take the average Dr. Phil battered woman and put surgeon precise bruises, threats over all manner small things, and two men that outweigh her by 200 pounds into the mix and you have the situation.

Seriously though, Whats the legal standpoint for killing them if they start shit again?
It's called premeditated homicide.

ThatPurpleGuy said:
Depends where you are? Laws are different everywhere.

Here in Australia the laws are pretty bad against defending yourself or property. I believe there have been cases where someone has broken into someones house, the owner took to him with a baseball bat and he then gets damages against him for 'unreasonable force'...its just dumb.

I believe Americans have it right. If someone attacks you, you should be able to do everything in your power to stop them even if it means killing them.
In the US you can only use a proportionate level of force in self defense. It is possible to say that you believed you were in immanent danger of losing your life but this defense is stronger or weaker depending on where you are or basically who is on the jury.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
"Violence isn't the answer, it' sthe question and the answer is yes"

not really.

Nah, you should instead empty your bank account, hand her your car, get her a job in a far off city, and say, "adios"

TheStatutoryApe

May 22, 2010
Mimssy said:
Calling the cops is the only proper thing you can do.
Depending on the situation and local laws calling the cops will achieve very little if anything. Either she needs to call the cops or, if he is aware that there is a currently occurring fight, he can call the cops and the cops might do something if they see evidence of the abuse. Better yet, she needs to get herself out of that situation.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
She needs to leave and/or call the cops.
ThatPurpleGuy said:
It's more inconsistent, fun fact (from precedent) you get in less trouble for killing an intruder with a shotgun than attacking or subduing them with say a hockey stick.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Randy11517 said:
If i knock them out and remove that fear element shes worried about temporarily where do i stand? To mad to go looking through legal books for that bit. Cops are no help because its the third time and the cops are idiots where she is. By legality i meant would it be justifiable by some extent.
If she were to kill them in self defense? It would fly anywhere in the U.S. but if you go over there and kill them then you sir will end up in jail. Get undeniable proof and if the local police are retarded then get the state police involved or something. Just get those two arrested and carted off to jail where they can be made some axe murders man bitches for the next ten years.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
TheStatutoryApe said:
Mimssy said:
Calling the cops is the only proper thing you can do.
Depending on the situation and local laws calling the cops will achieve very little if anything. Either she needs to call the cops or, if he is aware that there is a currently occurring fight, he can call the cops and the cops might do something if they see evidence of the abuse. Better yet, she needs to get herself out of that situation.
I said proper, not effective. As someone who was abused, the person being abused is the only one can make the decision to leave. Nothing anyone says or does will work until they are ready to get out for themselves. You can try to convince her that she is better than the treatment she is receiving and that there are people who love, care, and worry about her safety and happiness.