Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Sells a Mere 36,000 Units in Japan

Arkayn

Feb 1, 2011
It is a reason (the game is) for more people to finally get a Wii U.
People want the games to buy a system so here is another great software titles to justify the Wii U. It needing to be on another platform is not a justification any more than saying "I don't want a PS3 as I have a PC ALREADY so Sony should put Gran Turismo on PC to suit me".

I really agree with the Call Of Duty comment above. Not everything has to sell CoD or GTA numbers to be a success. GTA V sold the most of any title in 2013 but they spent 100million making it and another 100million marketing it (that is the actual figure btw). DK did not get that spent on it by far.

Though 36,000 units, jeepers. People need to start buying the freaking Wii U rather than sitting on the fence. Heck I bought a PS4 with far less justification.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Time for my bigoted Metroid fan comment of the day: "Well, it's time Retro made a sequel to the Metroid Prime trilogy." But, in all seriousness, the Wii U doesn't have the install base of the Wii, and the snowstorms in Japan would affect sales and shipping of all goods. Even North American cities use to snow are getting hit hard this year.

Captcha: a wild captcha appears
No, just No.