Don't buy Mortal Kombat X for PC

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Netherrealm Studios recently announced they are dropping support for the pc version. The new kombat pack with 4 new dlc characters and stage fatalities will never be added. The PC version will remain incomplete and abandoned.

The story of MKX PC is one full of disappointment. At launch players were greeted with a broken game that was stuck at the menu screen for days. Afterwards pc players had to wait months longer than their console brethren to receive patches to bugs and character updates. Now on the eve of the major kombat pack 2 update, PC has been officially deserted.

Considering all this, along with the fail of the batman arkham pc ports, I am personally avoiding anything from WB games going forwards.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
PC Master Race.

Seriously though, the worst part about this is not the lack of Kombat Pack 2. It's that the new netcode isn't going to make it to the PC version - Perhaps the biggest fix the game sorely needs on all platforms, and PC won't get it...

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That's pretty shitty of WB Games. If ongoing DLC/patches were reasonably expected, this should surely be grounds for unconditional refund.

Telefonegun

Dec 2, 2015
This most likely due people using the Steam refund after the horrible PC release turned out to be a WB style console port. WB supporting the PC version of MKX, a bad port that is basically now in it's deathbed doesn't bring the developer any money so they just won't support it, economics 101. MKX, Batman Arkham Knight, WB seems to be on a roll.

I'm waiting for an angry rant.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This may sound harsh, but if you keep buying games from a company that keeps releasing broken games, you're consciously making a stupid decision.

Did people learn NOTHING from Arkham Origins fiasco? That game still had gamebreaking bugs when the devs announced that they have to focus on the fuckin' DLC. Was that not a good enough hint not to buy anything from Warner Brothers? Now we have three examples. Arkham Origins, Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat. Will that suffice?

And remember, just because a company makes a promise that they'll do better next time doesn't mean that they will. How many times did EA and Ubisoft have to make the same promise? So if you use that as an excuse to jump at the next shiny thing they offer you, you're once again making a stupid decision.

In conclusion, DON'T BE STUPID. Stop pre-ordering games from companies with a shitty history. Especially recent history. As you can see, even if you pre-order it and even if you get the season pass, it doesn't guarantee you full access to all the content. That makes pre-ordering essentially pointless.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Telefonegun said:
This most likely due people using the Steam refund after the horrible PC release turned out to be a WB style console port. WB supporting the PC version of MKX, a bad port that is basically now in it's deathbed doesn't bring the developer any money so they just won't support it, economics 101. MKX, Batman Arkham Knight, WB seems to be on a roll.

I'm waiting for an angry rant.

Ask and ye shall be given:

Jan 19, 2016
WB mounting their challenge for EA's title. Maybe them and Ubisoft can have a triple threat match for the prestigious "Biggest Scumbag in Videogame Publishing" title belt.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
I had got 9 and loved it for PS3 and was hoping on getting X on PC eventually. Screw WB and their lazy handling of ports.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Man, why are so many companies going for "shittiest developer of the year" award this year. You don't just alienate a quarter of your playerbase like this, especially after getting them hyped for new characters that you then ripped away from them. Fucking assholes.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
That's why I don't buy ports until the smoke clears. The only ports I ever had faith in were Saints Row 3-4 and maybe Transistor.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
As a Wii U owner, I'm still kind of annoyed that my console didn't get Mortal Kombat X or indeed, that support for InJustice was as limited as it was. Yeah, we got the DLC packs but we never got a complete edition and I'm pretty sure there was some minor cosmetic DLC we never got. When it comes to MKX though, it was always my plan to wait for the complete edition to come out before I even considered it. I really didn't like Mortal Kombat...uh...the reboot I guess...and the only thing that appeals to me about X is the inclusion of the movie monsters. It's too bad MKX doesn't have someone like Gorilla Grodd, Doomsday, Mongol or some other DC villain...I'm also still annoyed that Scorpion was used as DLC in Injustice by the way.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
w/e. I planned on buying it on console anyway. PC Master Race rant incoming in 5... 4....

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Elfgore said:
Man, why are so many companies going for "shittiest developer of the year" award this year. You don't just alienate a quarter of your playerbase like this, especially after getting them hyped for new characters that you then ripped away from them. Fucking assholes.
Well, it is a new year. After KONAMI dominated the awards for worst developer of 2015, WB Games figured they needed to step up their game. I mean, all we had from them last year was a bad Arkham Knight port? That's nothing in shitty developer awards.

BestAdcEUW

Jan 4, 2016
I'm not sure if there are some big differences between the pc version and mobile version, but i'm playing mortal kombat x [http://ola.mobi/mortal-kombat-x/] for ios and to be honest the game is awesome. Very good graphics and gameplay, the bad thing is the game's size, it's like 1,5gb... But in my opinion the game deserves a chance! :)

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Tohuvabohu said:
PC Master Race.

Seriously though, the worst part about this is not the lack of Kombat Pack 2. It's that the new netcode isn't going to make it to the PC version - Perhaps the biggest fix the game sorely needs on all platforms, and PC won't get it...
Games like Mortal Kombat X are not fitting of a Master Race. Just like some people like pop and some people like prog rock

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
stormtrooper9091 said:
Games like Mortal Kombat X are not fitting of a Master Race. Just like some people like pop and some people like prog rock
And that's what WB said before they stopped supporting a game purchased by five hundred thousand people.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Good thing I haven't bought a WB game since Arkham City/MK9. At the very least, don't buy WB games for PC. Ever.