Doom 3 BFG Edition Cuts PC Multiplayer From Original Games

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA... Whoa... whoa...

THEY AXED THE CO-OP FROM THE XBOX VERSION?

Welp, sorry Bethesda, you guys have lost a sale from me. I know it probably won't affect your endgame but really, that's the only reason I was considering buying it, seeing as how me and a friend of mine were looking forward to it strictly for that.

Guess I'll be spending my time on Blands 2, TL II and RE6.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Whether or not this is a purchase is based on if Doom 3 is being re-done in Rage's engine. Believe it or not, that would cause me to not get this. There's already Doom 3 HD edition, and that bastard can put an SLI GTX 580 with an i7 to it's knees if you jack up all the settings.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cverdzislav/

Seriously if you have Doom 3 on PC, you have to play it that way and can tailor it to your system. If its in Rage's engine, I don't want the streaming textures, having to use CUDA to help stream them, and all the other un-optimised clunky bullshit that John Carmack blessed us with.

I'd really want it for a modern, official Id versions of 1 and 2, so I can get into Hexen/Heretic again as well. I guess it really depends on the price, but I keep getting the impression that "from the makers of Doom and Quake" is an odd selling point to us older folks and not really an admission of where they came from and what got them to where they are. I'll check it out when it's in the wild.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
A shame that Final Doom is missing, has always been my favourite Doom game, i love the atmosphere in TNT. Wish they at some point would try to rerelease it on consoles, haven´t been done since the terrible ps1 version where Midway butchered the soundtrack.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Remember that thing called Dosbox, everyone? It can simulate the network protocols required for Doom netplay.