Doom Eternal Gameplay

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016

just watched it. GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!

gotta love new open earth enviroment, dash mehchanic, graple on demon.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
it look so good. i really hope that panic button will be able to match the switch release at the same date that the other versions. it would be the first AAA title to come out the same date as the other versions and now we will see for real if those type of game sell well on the switch or not.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
That grappling hook looks like it's gonna be AMAZING to fuck with. I'm all over this bad boy.
Yeah. this looks just so damn GOOD!!. like this is how sequels should be.

I was impressed with RDR2 yesterday but this just blow me away.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I was fully prepared to be disappointed because I worried it was a glorified expansion pack, but that was legit cool. New mechanics, new weapons, new enemies and I love the idea of humanity at war with demons and allied troops killing demons to help you. Great stuff!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Looks cool, but I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer in the first 5 minutes of the video.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
"Switch will never get any new 3rd Party games. only enhanced ports of old games. it's not powerful enough to run any new stuff."

Boom!

Jan 27, 2011
More "oh fuck it's the Doom Slayer"? Super Shotgun now has a grappling hook? Auto-shotty? Doom Slayer gets his sword back? More on-purpose cringy hologram PSAs?

Bethesda, you already had my attention. Now you have my day-one purchase.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Looks solid, like a natural evolution of Doom 2016

Yoshi178 said:
"Switch will never get any new 3rd Party games. only enhanced ports of old games. it's not powerful enough to run any new stuff."
while it's likely to be an inferior version I guess it is nice to see Bethesda walking the walk when it comes to supporting the Switch

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
totheendofsin said:
while it's likely to be an inferior version I guess it is nice to see Bethesda walking the walk when it comes to supporting the Switch
What it exactly would make it an inferior version though? because PS4 and Xbone will have better graphics than the Switch version?

last time i checked you can't take PS4 and Xbox One versions on the go with you as a portable and the PS4 and Xbox One versions won't have the option to play with Gyro controls like the Switch version will have.

the Switch version will be different yes, but far from inferior.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
totheendofsin said:
What it exactly would make it an inferior version though? because PS4 and Xbone will have better graphics than the Switch version?

last time i checked you can't take PS4 and Xbox One versions on the go with you as a portable and the PS4 and Xbox One versions won't have the option to play with Gyro controls like the Switch version will have.

the Switch version will be different yes, but far from inferior.
Probably just a framerate and texture hit like the first game, but that's it. Gyro alone is enough to get it on the Switch

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So basically more of the same.

Yawn.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hawki said:
So basically more of the same.

Yawn.
New location, New weapon, new mechanic, more open level design instead of arena lockdown, new engine...

more of same is also good if not broken dont fix. but this is evolution of Doom 2016.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Dat flamethrower. [https://youtu.be/dG2lJ3mmQC4?t=295]

Also liking the battle rifle with quick scope. And raining chunks of demon flesh. Even better is the person playing actually knows how to play.

Another possibly cool feature would be if the style of execution seems to be influenced by where you're aiming. Here [https://youtu.be/dG2lJ3mmQC4?t=347] he aims at their feet and then just punches them in the face, but the kill right after he's aiming the same way and trips them up first. It would really add some flavor if finishers had some logic to them or were perhaps context-sensitive within environments as well. Seems like a missed opportunity if they were totally random.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
B-Cell said:
New location,
Earth and Phobos are hardly "new locations" for the Doom series.

New weapon,
Missed it.

new mechanic,
The grappling hook?

Yay...

more open level design instead of arena lockdown,
That's a slight improvement.

new engine...
Which doesn't mean anything in of itself.

more of same is also good if not broken dont fix. but this is evolution of Doom 2016.
Given how lacklustre it was, Doom 2016 needs plenty of evolving in my eyes. The incramental improvements seen here aren't something I'm getting jizzed about.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
This looks awesome. It's as if they just took Doom 2016 and turned it up to 11.

Also, was anyone weirdly reminded of Halo 2 by this for some reason?