Doomsday Arcade: Episode 24

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
DaveHz said:
daxterx2005 said:
I didn't get the game over badge....
I've watched all the episodes but didnt get it D:

Which stinks because I like it alot and was going to put it on display next to my Brawl badge
hasn't happened for me yet either, i've watched all the episodes i could have possibly watched for the first time while logged out (before i signed up for an account).
there isn't a single episode i haven't watched at least twice, i keep thinking about which one i might have missed, i've watched the one with the dice lord over 15 times, the one with Toad's chance to kill the Michaels over 10 times, and finally this one over 12 times, that in itself should grant badges :D
yeah, I know for a fact that I've seen them all (while logged in) because I marathoned them all again once episode 24 came out.
So, I've defiantly watched them all at least twice.

On topic, it will be a shame when this series ends, With out There will be brawl or Doomsday Arcade, the video selection will be pretty mediocre. (save for ZP and Movie bob of course)

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
Ambient2100 said:
Mykonos said:
:O
Last minute was...strangely great writing...even for a internet comedy show...
Yeah indeed, it was very great!

Also, Im not gonna buy God of War 3 now, after what Kratos did to Lazer Cat!
especially after they worked that scene into the penultimate level when he takes a break to stop the resistance :D.

DeviousJ

Nov 9, 2009
Man, I wish I can tell my lazer kittens how awesome this series.
I really hope the death of lazer cat wasn't senseless.
Come on, you guys! That was like Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by a shark after his speech in Deep Blue Sea. Yeah, lazer cat was the Samuel in the series. What tragic end... :C

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
daxterx2005 said:
I didn't get the game over badge....
I've watched all the episodes but didnt get it D:

Which stinks because I like it alot and was going to put it on display next to my Brawl badge
The game over badge is only available after seeing ALL 26 episodes, some people here still can't count apparently (Wolf devastator has the badge yet he insists that there are only gonna be 25 total.)
Zeeky is correct, I got caught up in all this "it's ending" and "will there be a DVD" discussion that I figured the end was coming sooner than it really is (I was pretty sure I read somewhere that there was only one more episode).

I think that the badge was fixed so that you have to watch the "actual" finale before you get the badge (instead of like 23 episodes and 3 previews), so if you hadn't watched all the episodes before they caught the mistake you didn't get it.

War Monkey782

May 5, 2009
Here are some characters I think need to be in the next episode.
Master chief.
Samus.
Captain falcon.
Bowser.
TF Announcer.
Game & Watch.
Kirby.
Some random final fantasy character (possibly cloud).

I can foresee God of War III sales going down drastically.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
So sad this show is ending. I love this show and I hope they continue making this stuff or something quite like it. Great episode however, loved the general killing spree, though I was sad to see Raz side with the NPCs, perhaps they held Lili hostage, otherwise why wasn't she there too?

Anyway I do have a few questions: Who was the character who was dancing with Lund? Are we ever going to learn how peach died or is that an inside joke I already missed? I read some comments on the previous episodes saying this was the last one, but that doesn't seem likely, so does that mean they are taking a break before they make more?

And most importantly, when is Mega Man going to show up and who is going to fight him? I think the Australian guy or the Big Daddy could take him, but I'm not so sure about Lund, especially in his new state of grief. Perhaps Zero will show up and save them, getting himself blown up in the process like he always seems to do. Perhaps while I'm speculating on stuff that will never happen in this series I can imagine Laharl showing up and chopping Toad in half because Flonne bugged him to save Lund.

I also wonder if more than 25% of the people reading this will get that last part.

War Monkey782 said:
Here are some characters I think need to be in the next episode.
Master chief.
Samus.
Captain falcon.
Bowser.
TF Announcer.
Game & Watch.
Kirby.
Some random final fantasy character (possibly cloud).

I can foresee God of War III sales going down drastically.
The first three should be in the battle against the last surviving humans, the others should fight Lund because they would sort of make sense (Bowser because he's going against Mario, the TF announcer because they slaughtered the TF2 guys, Game & Watch and Kirby will fit anywhere, you could even have kirby aborb Lund and then spit him back out after he gains his NPC killing abilities and desire to avenge Laser Cat, not sure about the FF character, because that depends on which one you put in).

The absolute best thing that would happen is if there was a hidden level in GoW III where you fought a giant cat that shot lasers from it's eyes and it's laser kitten minions, and then when you won the level all the other titans and gods and things show up and call you a murderous a-hole.

What's probably going to happen though, is that Laser Cat's head will come alive one last time to shoot Kratos in the crotch, allowing the newly reformed Shanks to decapitate him with his own arm blades. Because as weird as this series gets, I don't think they are going to kill Shanks unless he kills Mario before he goes.

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
Man!!!Laser cat was the best!...oh well at least there was some epic insight to Bruce,Grenade hearts are awsome!!

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
I haven't watched the entire series yet, but this episode was awesome, though a few parts made me feel like I was disoriented.

SLindmajor

Mar 12, 2010
LordLink said:
I'm sure most of your audience is American and has never heard of it but the Port Arthur joke went way too far. =/
I agree, I love tactless jokes normally, but I think that was fairly pointless and disrespectful. Children were murdered. Don't joke about it.

Apple Dave

Jun 24, 2008
Is it even known for sure
SLindmajor said:
LordLink said:
I'm sure most of your audience is American and has never heard of it but the Port Arthur joke went way too far. =/
I agree, I love tactless jokes normally, but I think that was fairly pointless and disrespectful. Children were murdered. Don't joke about it.
Is it even known for sure that that comment refers to the Port Arthur shootings? A massacre such as that doesn't seem very much like a suicide mission, especially the kind that Bruce will be attempting.

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
and so the world pun drought began, with all supplies used up in terribly hilarious one liners.
Funny, if random as well.

SLindmajor

Mar 12, 2010
Yeah true, but I can't really think of any other references to a Port Arthur it could be. Sending convicts to a penal colony was a suicide mission? I'm not sure.

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
I don't mean to pour salt on the wound. But maybe going on a killing spree is in itself a suicide mission, even if Bryant got himself arrested and life-sentenced instead of shot or sentenced to death, being this the main problem with the suicide mission remark.

Maybe Bruce meant it as him and Daddy going on that diverting killing spree of NPCs. Although, unlike Bryant, I doubt they'd get arrested instead of killed, demolished, exterminated and then raped :p

So there, a semi-relevant similarity.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
"Lonesome? I have Laser Cat!"~Shanks, right after Laser cat gets decapitated, due to lack of quick time event skills.(AKA,Best Line of the episode.)

I have been watching for a while, and although the quality of these episodes got a little lower around the middle, I'm starting to check the Escapist website JUST for New Doomsday Arcade episodes.

GAH. I have to wait more? Hurry up and bring on the last level already!