Doomsday Arcade: Finale Preview

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
It will be a shame to see it go.

It's been taking longer and longer between episodes, but then the quality has been steadily improving, and real life commitments are probably mounting up for the creators as well.

Looks good, hopefully not too long a wait, but I can live with an "it'll be done when it's done" if needs be.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
This is the best show on the Escapist. ME WANTS MORE!!!! NUMNUMNUMNUMNUMNUMNUMNUMNUM!!!!!!!

kid-avenger

Apr 16, 2009
There a few things that better be answerd, actually better not be answerd in hope for a second season such as:

Who is nefarious
Who is the boss of nefarious aka mitchel

Who is mario's boss
What happend to peach

What happend to gabe
AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO KRATOS?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Why must it end ;(

[HEADING=1]WHY!!![/HEADING]

*cries in corner*

Seriously though, if you are reading this Shanks..... pleeeeeease to a dvd and/or a soundtrack!
Pretty please?

CMon

Jun 18, 2009
Fucking hell, these guys better release a new project after this one.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
And I jizz in my pants. I want to see it but if I see it, it will mark the end of a great series! oh the juxtaposition of emotion.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
EndOfDaWorld said:
I cried inside when it said 'In the final episode'
NOOOOOOOOOOO my favorite series on the Escapist is ending Wahhhhhh!
darthmob said:
You. Guys. Have. To. Release. It. On. DVD.

That is all.
I'd definitely get it on DVD...

And I honestly don't want the last episode to be that funny...It seems to epic
:'( Rest in peace Doomsday Arcade you will be greatly missed
*goes into his bedroom and cries*
I think it'd actually be a very good idea for the Escapist to release a DVD box set of their series back catalogue. I can't think of many on here that wouldn't be interested in buying into it.

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
Zedar0 said:
24 felt very rushed and sloppy. It started off all right with the graveyard scene, but once it got into fighting the generals, it stopped being good. For being generals (and thus some of the best in Mario's army), they went down way too easy. In previous episodes, there were always tons of obstacles in the way, not to mention each game character's abilities to deal with, but now Shanks can suddenly teleport to every general and immediately kill them? I don't think so. It was simply incoherent, and most of the general encounters weren't even that good. The puns didn't help things, either.
He wasn't teleporting, they just aren't gonna show you in real time all the journey between generals, the same way they won't show you the whole fight, only the part where they loose.
In my opinion to this end, the generals' individual scenes all started as if the fight had already begun and Shanks had several different changes in clothes to infer a lot of time or several days at least, throughout the whole montage. What's more, you can take into consideration Shanks & Lund wouldn't have a change in outfit as often as days throughout the series so it's more than several days.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I find "Coming soon." followed immediately by the Escapist's signature "HAH!" quite foreshadowing. Something tells me this final episode's gonna be a while. Oh well, I just hope it's worth the wait.
Setsuhen said:
Aww, I can't believe the show's coming to a close.

I really can't wait to see this.
Same same. Definitely agree with this statement. And this one:
darthmob said:
You. Guys. Have. To. Release. It. On. DVD.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
dududf said:
[HEADING=1]THEY SAID COMING SOON![/HEADING]

Hah!!

If it takes longer then a month then they lied! ಠ_ಠ
haha seriously...love this series, but it's so easy to become detached after more than a month

Dr.Awesome

Mar 19, 2010
Why are all the awesome series ending?? Unforgotten realms, doomsday arcade, there will be brawl was okay.. if apocalypse lane ends then this site wont have any good vids anymroe

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Ohh man I IS EXCITED YES!!
Although (much like the majority of viewers have previously stated) I'll be sad to see it go.

It was a really great run and an excellent example of the brilliance of you Ozzies. I really enjoyed seeing the overall quality of Doomsday Arcade improve over the past year. It was fun to watch how the story continued to develop. The overall craft became more aesthetically pleasing with every new episode. There was a great sense of these characters maturing and growing more complex overtime. Not to mention but I couldn't help but notice an overall maturity and general growth in just how Doomsday Arcade was written and directed.

Coodose to Shanks and everyone else who made Doomsday Arcade what it is.
You are clearly a talented group of people and I tip my hat to you.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Much like the other commenters, I'm keen for the next episode, but a little sad to see it vanish into the Escapist's archives, to be stored for a few years until it is forgotten by the uneducated masses who never watched it. And much like the others, I'd buy a DVD if you're interested in selling them.

On a somewhat different but somewhat related topic: I'd be amused if the Unsung Heroes from the RP on the Escapist's RP forum were in the final episode. Largely because I was in it before it up and died on me. I played the part of Shane Miller, a member of the Resistance.

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
I'm all for the DVD i would get it too :D

Also the game over badge says "all 26 episodes" so i guess (and hope) the finale will be a two parter