Double Fine Pits Mechs Versus Aliens in Trenched

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Rebellious_Gate said:
*Prays Playstation Store announcement is coming*
Right there with you. While it doesn't look entirely different from another certain mech series (from a gameplay perspective, anyway), MechAssault as done by Tim Schafer is a concept I wouldn't mind seeing fleshed out.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Super Toast said:
GeorgW said:
That game looks awesome! [Zoidberg]And once you're done with that, give us Psychonauts 2, maybe?[/Zoidberg]
Fixed.

OT: Looks awesome. I'll buy it day one, so long as it comes out on PSN.
Well, they've already announced Psychonauts 2... But it was a few months ago and haven't heard anything since. Maybe it's the next one after Trenched?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Pleeeeeease can we have a decent mech-customising game on the PC? Soon? Pretty please? With plenty of tweaking, in-depth customising and nifty little features that provide endless replayability? Go on, you know you want to!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm already sold at the customability of the mech!!! (I love creating stuff.) Now if only I had a 360...

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
one question though.

why is the driver/pilot/gunner comepletly exposed to attack? surely the aliens would kill him/her in the first volly of attacks.

EDIT: forgot to say that the game looks very entertaining, like the look of it but the exposed pilot bugs me a little.

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
Now I need to go buy points. Why? I LOVED MechAssault on the original Xbox. And this looks even more awesome!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
McNinja said:
Mechs?

I F**KING LOVE MECHS.

I am so buying this game when it comes out.
You, good sir, have summed up my opinion of this. IT LOOKS LIKE A GOD.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Hmmm.... I have to say, I'm kind of dissapointed. It looks rather generic, especially for a Doublefine game. I'll keep an eye out for more info that will set it apart from all the other alien invasion vs. futuristic military stuff out there, I guess.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
It has mechs. And they look to handle somewhere in the neighborhood between lost planet and FASA mechs. With that in mind, I'm officially interested.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
dammit, I want this to come out on the pc

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
C'mon Double Fine! Learn from Team Meat and sell more copies on the PC! ;)

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Somebody.

Anybody.

Pick Double Fine up for a contract right now. We need us some more Psychonauts! Go, EA! Go, Activision! Go, THQ! WE NEED MORE DOUBLE FINE GODDAMNIT