Download The Expendables? You Might Be Sued

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
AC10 said:
Warachia said:
Rich people in a $100,000 house? up here that is really cheap actually, and gets you a house with one floor and about 3-4 rooms.
I guess houses are really cheap in America? A low end house here is like 250,000 - 300,000 CAD.
Hell no, houses where I live in maryland are about 650k on average.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
yundex said:
AC10 said:
Warachia said:
Rich people in a $100,000 house? up here that is really cheap actually, and gets you a house with one floor and about 3-4 rooms.
I guess houses are really cheap in America? A low end house here is like 250,000 - 300,000 CAD.
Are they nice?

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Tipsy Giant said:
UPDATE: The production company has found the IP Address' of all of the downloaders and has sent all three of them letters apologising BOOM!
Points to you good sir, I giggled from that.

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
AC10 said:
Blazingdragoon04 said:
I'm confused as to why this is breaking news. If you pirate a movie, you break the law. If you break the law, the law comes after you, either with you being arrested or sued.

Do we as a community here have such a high sense of entitlement that we get surprised when we find out others among us are actually being PUNISHED FOR STEALING?!?!?
You don't think it's wrong that ISPs record all your actions then give them to big huge music and movie studios to hunt down people with exorbitant law fees of millions and millions of dollars?
They record it for a range of legal reasons, not just money grabbing, but law is absolute you break it or you don't.

Plus don't forget if you withold info you yourself are accessory to said crime. Unless there is clear precident in law saying otherwise, and thats pretty much spusal privilage, and lawyer cleint these days.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
AC10 said:
yundex said:
AC10 said:
Warachia said:
Are they nice?
For a middle class family, yep.
Edit: depends on state though, in WV you can get the same house for 1/3 the price where I am.

Blazingdragoon04

May 22, 2009
AC10 said:
Blazingdragoon04 said:
I'm confused as to why this is breaking news. If you pirate a movie, you break the law. If you break the law, the law comes after you, either with you being arrested or sued.

Do we as a community here have such a high sense of entitlement that we get surprised when we find out others among us are actually being PUNISHED FOR STEALING?!?!?
You don't think it's wrong that ISPs record all your actions then give them to big huge music and movie studios to hunt down people with exorbitant law fees of millions and millions of dollars?

What would you like me to do, feel bad for all the people who are out breaking the law? Hold on and let me get my tiny fiddle...

In all seriousness, yes, the RIAA goes a little bit overboard with their piracy charges. But christ, even THOSE don't seem to be stopping people from hacking, torrenting, and otherwise stealing the works that they put time and effort into making, and that others put time and effort into making.

If you are expecting me to feel bad for thieves then I feel bad that you actually think that the thieves are in the right. These aren't robin hood-esque style of thieves who go about taking from the rich to give to the poor. These are people who are stealing from hard working people, moving writers, producers, script editors, and justify it because they are taking money from 1 or 2 really really rich actors.

Grow up, stealing is stealing. Get used to the punishments that come along with stealing if you commit the crime, and get off the soap box by making the RIAA be the complete bad guy. They wouldn't be such insane dicks if people didn't steal everything they ever had over the past 15 years.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Whatever, I have it on DvD anyway. I see no reason for me to download it, so I have nothing to fear from the production company.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Kalezian said:
ultimateownage said:
Kalezian said:
the movie did so bad, the studio has to make a profit somehow.......
Actually the movie did fairly well at the box office. Better than lots of less crappy movies.

O.T. I haven't seen a single post in this thread that is any different to the others, I swear you're all copy and pasting each other.

also: maybe with how many people that are blasting the movie, maybe its actually bad?

#otherpeoplesopninonsareirrelevant
I don't get what you're trying to say. I said the movie was bad but made a lot of money anyway.
Also we're not on Twitter, you don't need to use Hashtags.

Underground Man

Sep 20, 2010
I don't feel sorry for the corporations who pump out constant streams of fetid, cliche garbage to entertain the constantly over-stimulated masses, nor do I feel sorry for the polloi that voluntarily slurps up these successive additions to the deafening waterfall of popular drivel.

Thus, I do not agree with either side.

zxBARRICADExz

Aug 28, 2009
uppitycracker said:
haha, i'll be keeping my eyes open. they can have it back, god that movie was terrible.
totally.. it was somewhat fun to watch..but by no means "good"

i wonder if they will nail me?.. i buy tons and tons of blu-ray and dvd's...but i either rip my copies or DL them to keep my disks safe...so basically i guess im safe seeing as how i've paid for them and im not re-selling them or anything of the sort.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
zxBARRICADExz said:
uppitycracker said:
haha, i'll be keeping my eyes open. they can have it back, god that movie was terrible.
totally.. it was somewhat fun to watch..but by no means "good"

i wonder if they will nail me?.. i buy tons and tons of blu-ray and dvd's...but i either rip my copies or DL them to keep my disks safe...so basically i guess im safe seeing as how i've paid for them and im not re-selling them or anything of the sort.
as long as yer not actively seeding them, you should be fine.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
First I'm curious if they're going after the sharers or the downloaders or both? I'm also curious... if they're going after the sharers then what about the people who have like 0.1 or 0.2 share ratio (ie: a few MB of data)? It would be like the secret shopper nabbing your for tasting a fuzzy peach in the bulk bins at the grocery store... lol. But if they're going after downloaders too then I guess it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Aiddon said:
KEM10 said:
Aiddon said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Yup, I'd be sued for being a moron and not pirating a good movie.
That about sums it up. Why the HELL would I want to pirate a piece of crap like The Expendables? Stallone has been irrelevant for at least 10 years.
That's not true, what about Driven? His fast paced, Indy car film about him trying to help a young protégé keep his cool as he is slowly crawling down the ranks.
That movie was a critical and commercial failure. It didn't even make half its budget back and was critically panned.
Notice that I picked his worst film in the past 10 years?

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Movie was a disappointment anyways so, I wouldn't care for owning it even for free.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
After what MovieBob said about it, and if I never quit pirating, I probably wouldn't waste the time to download it anyway.