Dragon Age 2 Demo Comes Early for GameStop Employees - UPDATED (Again)

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Giving exclusive early access to GameStop flunkies may seem a little unusual or even unfair but in reality, it makes a lot of sense. They're the front-line guys, so giving them a chance to try it out well in advance of the game's release will, in theory at least, make it easier for them to recommend it for preorder and purchase. It's as much a training tool as it is a game, albeit it one that sucks a lot less than most of the indoctrinary nonsense retail employees have to put up with.
Sigh. I should've seen that tag for us GameStop folks coming.

Bioware likely had their reasons, but why the PC version only? I can't run Dragon Age II; I don't have that kind of PC, and I would wager that 90% of my coworkers don't either. If we can't run the game on our personal systems, then we're in the same boat as everyone else.

So, lay off the 'flunkies' tag, unless there's future word of Bioware offering us the XBOX 360/PS3 demos also. THEN, you may proceed with the name-calling.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Woodsey said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Woodsey said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Woodsey said:
LWS666 said:
yay, it's on the PC! who's idea was it to put the crysis 2 demo on 360 only anyway? it's like putting the next mario game on only the PS3.
A beta/demo was announced for the PC a few days ago.
Yeah, but still giving it to the 360 first really isn't helping their "we will still support the PC without porting stuff" claims.
"Claims"? They're not porting anything.

Did no one watch those bloody videos where they showed how they were building the game on each platform?
Sure, for this one, I'm talking more about the future. Look at Call of Duty: first was on PC, then they moved multiplatform, by World at War, 360 was getting everything first, and... well... now... yeah... I'm just saying, I'm more worried about another developer stabbing the PC in the back and moving to 360...
That was a completely different publisher and developer.

(Also, I correct myself, since they are technically porting it but the console versions are the ports).
I know they are different, but I'm still worried... Ever since I heard it was going to be multiplatform I started to worry...

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
olfelix said:
Good job BioWare, showing some love to the Gamestop hoards.
Somehow I don't think it's going to help the poor GameStop employees who slave for their corporation (see Zero Originality on DailyMotion).

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
A demo two weeks before it's released? Yay!

Still having to wait two weeks before I can try it? Boo!

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
Well it is their job to promote the game, and what better way than to give them an early demo to start spreading the buzz to the customers.

Tirnor

Sep 3, 2009
A scene about... oh, 30 minutes after this story was posted. (Enough time to sneak out of work and drive an unspecified distance)

Me: So here's the deal. I'll go play horizontal tetris with the game boxes for about half an hour and run over to the food court to bring back some Dairy Queen... and you cut me in with one o' those early beta codes. I'll even wear a name tag and everything.

GS Manager: Um........ No.

Me: You drive a hard bargain. Dairy Queen and Chik-fil-A.

(Things went downhill from there.)

se7ensenses

Jun 10, 2009
I clicked on the Gamestop link & typed in "Guest" as the password, like that episode of Archer. It didn't work but I got to say; it kind of suprised me that it didn't. Well played Bioware.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Oh, awesome, the job I can apply for next year gets a super fun bonus now.

I hate certain labor laws.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
As for the update, and I quote this from the gamestop Demo page, "Any form of distribution, recording, posting of any elements of the Dragon Age 2 demo and any of its files is strictly prohibited until February 23, 2011 when the demo is made available to all consumers."
Seriously guys. You aren't fooling anyone.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Huh, the update makes it sounds like Bioware wasn't clear enough about this not being something that could be made public and Gamestop obviously decided to just make it widely known...or, in a far more sinister possibility, the blame doesn't lie with Bioware, but it lies with Gamestop doing this regardless of Bioware telling them to be careful with this info.

Either way...looks like someone messed up on either end heh. Not so pretty.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
nin_ninja said:
Soooooo you have a demo ready now, but aren't going to release it two weeks prior to the release. Why? Release the demo next week so that the rest of us can play it, not at the end of the month.

Also, damn it that I'm too young to apply to Gamestop/EB Games.
Then you're also too young to play the game full stop.

SOMEONE CALL THE COPS!

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Misterpinky said:
As for the update, and I quote this from the gamestop Demo page, "Any form of distribution, recording, posting of any elements of the Dragon Age 2 demo and any of its files is strictly prohibited until February 23, 2011 when the demo is made available to all consumers."
Seriously guys. You aren't fooling anyone.
So BioWare..is...LYING to US!?

That's it, I am going to get my pitchfork + Torch.
Just go play Dragon Age: Origins again. It'll be ok.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
quick question: Has anybody been able to keep up with the amount of pre-release DLC this game has? I consider the bonus sword DLC. Gamestop employees also get access to a sword and shield. There was the signature edition DLC. After that, I've lost track of all the DLC this game has attached to it.