Dragon age 2 load failure.

Cai1911

Feb 19, 2011
I am having issues DA2 loading past the first fight sequence. I have it for ps3 and I cant get it to work past this point.

Any ideas?

Note: Please don't rage on the game here... I need answers not hate.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
It's having trouble loading the character creation, I assume. That menu did have a rather lengthy load time before I could even scroll through the options.

I recommend you delete the game's install data, and reinstall.

You delete it via "Game Data", not "Saved Data", btw.

Cai1911

Feb 19, 2011
I already tried that. Still won't load. And how lengthy? I let it load for about 15 minutes. nothing.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I can't get past the part with isabella at the chantry at night time. It just wont let me into the chantry, and it wont let me leave the area either.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I think I sat on that screen for at least 10 minutes. It comes up eventually, but I had to wait a bit.

Make yourself a cup of tea, and come back to see if it loaded you up.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Cai1911 said:
I am having issues DA2 loading past the first fight sequence. I have it for ps3 and I cant get it to work past this point.

Any ideas?

Note: Please don't rage on the game here... I need answers not hate.
I think the problem might be with Bioware's online. I've had a few issues myself on the PC and it seems to be connected to their site/service since the game likes to be logged into it. Their site tracks your progess and such as part of your bioware profile, and I'd imagine that with an online PS-3 the game is doing the same thing, after all it seems to unlock your content by that site.

I'd simply give it some time and try back later, I've gotten a bit of a headache here too. For all the raging (of which I've done my share) the game does seem to have a lot of people online, and as the time to annouce their new "Old Republic" MMO release date approaches I think that's probably bringing in a lot of traffic, even if just lurkers, as well.

I could be wrong, but that's my thoughts.

Cai1911

Feb 19, 2011
Magenera said:
If I were you I would trade it in for another, I to have DA2 for PS3 and I haven't experience any load time lasting a few seconds. Though I have the signature edition so it might be why.
Thats the version I have as well.

I'll try the cup of tea idea... gotta buy some tea first...
Thanks for the help friends. I appreciate it. I'll let you all know what happens.

Cai1911

Feb 19, 2011
So I let it load for 37 minutes last night... nothing still the same load screen. I trying to get intouch with EA tech support but.... I think I'm just gonna get another one from gamestop...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Give BioWare a call (or at least try their forums), you might need to get a new disc.

Cai1911

Feb 19, 2011
Yea I talked to gamestop today. They will replace the disc for free... Still sucks though.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
meganmeave said:
I think I sat on that screen for at least 10 minutes. It comes up eventually, but I had to wait a bit.

Make yourself a cup of tea, and come back to see if it loaded you up.
I just lost 5 hours of playtime. 4 of my saves all corrupted at once. WTF, Bioware.

I might add that it was 5 hours of getting frustrated mad at my companions for not following the tactics I gave them too. This game is popping up a new problem every time I turn it on :(