Dragon Age 2 question

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
So I am stuck at home for another 2 weeks (broken leg) and I have played just about every game I own. i was siting here, bored out of my mind, when I saw my copy of DA2. Not sure why I still have it but needs must when boredom is using you for a punching bag.

My question is this. Just how broken is it now. All the patches that will ever come out are out. I remember enjoying the gameplay changes but hating the story, characters and the fact that most of the game seemed to be a broken mess. As bored as I am I can deal with the first 2 problems it is the third that would kill it for me.

So is it playable now? PS3 if it changes anything.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
I can't play the game on my PS3. Massive loading times during each in-game cutscene, just not worth it to force my way through, 3 minutes of waiting for 15 seconds of dialog? COME ON! Tried it about a week ago

Your case might be luckier but who knows

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I recently replayed it on PS3 and didn't have any particular issues (or rather, 1 issue - but a single freeze in 20 hours is pretty minor to my mind).

That said, I don't remember it being particularly buggy when I played it on release, so I can't honestly say that there have been improvements.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I have the Xbox 360 version which I bought and played quite soon after release, and other than disliking all of the characters except Merril I had no problems whatsoever

Somewhat redundant as yours is for PS3 but if it really won't work you can probably get it relatively cheap on Steam or GOG to play on your PC instead

Feb 22, 2009
I have pretty much the exact opposite opinion to you. I wasn't a big fan of the gameplay but enjoyed the story. And very rarely have I experienced any glitches. But then that wasn't the PS3 version so maybe that one's bad.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I only play on PC so I can't comment too much on the state of the PS3 release, but generally speaking, do not patch the game to 1.04 if you want to play through the Exiled Prince DLC. It adds an extremely annoying bug when trying to play through some of the DLC content.

If you don't have the Exiled Prince don't worry about it.

I don't remember the game ever being that buggy. There are still crashes and the odd bug (sometimes hilarious, I once had Merrill randomly killed by undead before I could recruit her to my party) but it's not that bad. This was for PC though.

william12123

Oct 22, 2008
As far as I now, the game was never broken. No big bug problems. Just a bit disappointing compared to DA:O. It was never a "bad" game by any stretch, but it will always suffer when compared to it's predecessor.