Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming Fall 2014

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy
not really getting a Dragon Age vibe from it.
I... I don't... what. Just what. As someone who really enjoys Dragon Age it is one of the most generic looking things I've seen. Ever.
Dragon Age 1 had this kinda unique feel to the armour and whole mood of Ferelden. It had a down to Earth, greyish, wordly fantasy, rustic vibe to it. Awakening and 2 kind of lost that, but it still wasn't exactly World of Warcraft style.

All this demon shit, sky opening up etc. is not for me.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
blackdwarf said:
I am really annoyed that this game will be a next gen title. Besides the possibility that I change console the upcoming generation, I want want to use the save import feature, but how are they going to allow that if the third game is on a different console?

But for the rest, yeah we got a trailer.... of a game from which we already knew it was in development, not really impressed with that.
It is next gen and this gen.

The article doesn't mention it, but over on the official forums the BioWare community manager has said it is gonna be on 360, PS3, Xbone, PS4 and PC.

EDIT: One of the many threads in which he has said it, in case you wanted a source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/16836310

TheTygre

Jun 17, 2009
Doom972 said:
TheTygre said:
"They haven't shown anything that makes me immediately want a new console yet. I think I might switch to PC finally."
~Me, literally fifteen minutes ago.

"Ffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"
~Me, literally ten minutes ago.
What makes you think it won't have a PC version? Did I miss something?
Even if it will be released as a console exclusive (even an Xbone exclusive), it will have a PC version later on. That has been the case with all Bioware console exclusives up to this point: Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect.
No, I know it will. And I'm definitely not terrified of PCs, which is why I haven't upgraded mine in the last five years. That would be silly.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Good to see Morrigan back.

Whilst not the best thing from the EA conference (that award goes to Mirror's Edge 2 for me, personally), I'm still pretty hyped about this.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
endtherapture said:
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy
I... I don't... what. Just what. As someone who really enjoys Dragon Age it is one of the most generic looking things I've seen. Ever.
Dragon Age 1 had this kinda unique feel to the armour and whole mood of Ferelden. It had a down to Earth, greyish, wordly fantasy, rustic vibe to it. Awakening and 2 kind of lost that, but it still wasn't exactly World of Warcraft style.

Ah, I getcha. Even so, original Dragon Age is pretty god damn Tolkein-esque generic.
I don't really have a massive issue with the giant magic powers 'cos shit's getting real and such but it would be nice to see a good mix between grounded low fantasy and silly-overdesigned style.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Was that guns I saw? Pretty sure that guy at the start was carrying a flamethrower. Looks like DA's gone all fabley...

No Solvemedia, it does -not- give me 'goosebumps', deja vu perhaps. Also, I think that Qunari was packing heat too, though it may have just been a sword, then again, I never played DA2, did they also have firearms?

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
GothmogII said:
Was that guns I saw? Pretty sure that guy at the start was carrying a flamethrower. Looks like DA's gone all fabley...

No Solvemedia, it does -not- give me 'goosebumps', deja vu perhaps. Also, I think that Qunari was packing heat too, though it may have just been a sword, then again, I never played DA2, did they also have firearms?
That was Varric, carrying his crossbow Bianca. The qunari have gunpowder but seem to only use it with canons on ships.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy

Ah, I getcha. Even so, original Dragon Age is pretty god damn Tolkein-esque generic.
I don't really have a massive issue with the giant magic powers 'cos shit's getting real and such but it would be nice to see a good mix between grounded low fantasy and silly-overdesigned style.
Closest we've got to that IMO is Skyrim.

I was assuming the looks of the Dwarves, Elves and Humans were just limitations of the engine they used for the past 2 games, but apparently the weird faces were actually the art style of the game which is just weird.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I was hoping for a Spring or Summer of 2014 release. Hopefully the longer development time means that it will be extra awesome and include more side-quests.

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
Soooo...... Yet another Bioware game where I save the world from the big bad.......

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn........

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
endtherapture said:
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy

Closest we've got to that IMO is Skyrim.

I was assuming the looks of the Dwarves, Elves and Humans were just limitations of the engine they used for the past 2 games, but apparently the weird faces were actually the art style of the game which is just weird.
Dragon's Dogma had some really cool yet realistic looking armours. Console exclusive which is a shame, but if you can play it I'd recommend it.

And for the faces... man, that's just the Bioware Glare. It's been in their games since KOTOR.

Jan 12, 2012
TheTygre said:
Hrm. I hear that. I don't want another repeat of DA2's magically repeating caves.
I don't know what you're talking about. There's a few caves that are handy for the shops, so all the junior evil overlords set up there while they scrape together money for a better lair.

Leahbjackson said:
There's no word which consoles Dragon Age 3: Inquisition will be released for, but we'll learn more about the game throughout the week.
If it helps, Wikipedia has pretty much everything listed as a platform: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. This matches the official Dragon Age website, which says "All Platforms".

Of course, all platforms is context-dependent; unless the programmers have gotten really good, we're probably not going to see a version on the Atari Jaguar.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
the Inquisitions here, and it's here to staaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy

Generic or no, it's nice to see they're spending some more time on it this time around. Looking forward to wrapping things up.

synobal said:
It will be on console. Plus bringing Morrigan back is just a lame attempt to get back fans of DA:O they lost with DA2.
Not like she was a massively important character with crazy important story implications if you took certain choices. Nope. Just fan pandering.
My sonThat is, IF I'll be playing this game.
Doubt it, considering not everyone made that choice so having them as the PC would be massively canon-breaking. Even more so that DA2, but there was a lot of bullshit in that. Also Morrigan would have to be real old and I doubt they want that.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Varric, Morrigan, Cassandra Penderghast (I think?), the rending of the sky for what I'm hoping is the old Magisters/remaining archdemons all coming out full tilt as a holy war from the Black City as revived by the twisted old Magister who secretly escaped at the end of the Legacy DLC, either someone finally getting around to casting meteor swarm or someone started playing SBURB in Thedas...oh yeah. All good. Or, since it's Morrigan hanging around, it means there's either a child or a grown person running around with the soul of an old god...man this is tasty. Can't wait for more info, but for the love of the Maker, Bioware, do not rush this.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I feel like this is a nice release date compared to what happen to DA2. Nice to see Morrigan, Varric, and Cassandra, and the whole sky opening was pretty neat.

Just let them take their time with it, and not be so glitchy. That's all I ask. Looking forward to this!