Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming Fall 2014

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
The trailer didn't hype me up, maybe because it showed everything I expected for the beginning.
Or they're saving the really good stuff for later. Hopefully.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
AntiChri5 said:
blackdwarf said:
I am really annoyed that this game will be a next gen title. Besides the possibility that I change console the upcoming generation, I want want to use the save import feature, but how are they going to allow that if the third game is on a different console?

But for the rest, yeah we got a trailer.... of a game from which we already knew it was in development, not really impressed with that.
It is next gen and this gen.

The article doesn't mention it, but over on the official forums the BioWare community manager has said it is gonna be on 360, PS3, Xbone, PS4 and PC.

EDIT: One of the many threads in which he has said it, in case you wanted a source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/16836310
OH, that is great to hear.

Thx for the info.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
hazabaza1 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
the Inquisitions here, and it's here to staaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:
generic fantasy
not really getting a Dragon Age vibe from it.
I... I don't... what. Just what. As someone who really enjoys Dragon Age it is one of the most generic looking things I've seen. Ever.

Generic or no, it's nice to see they're spending some more time on it this time around. Looking forward to wrapping things up.

synobal said:
It will be on console. Plus bringing Morrigan back is just a lame attempt to get back fans of DA:O they lost with DA2.
Not like she was a massively important character with crazy important story implications if you took certain choices. Nope. Just fan pandering.
My sonThat is, IF I'll be playing this game.
Doubt it, considering not everyone made that choice so having them as the PC would be massively canon-breaking. Even more so that DA2, but there was a lot of bullshit in that. Also Morrigan would have to be real old and I doubt they want that.
Didn't she have a kid regardless of wether it was the player or not? I was just thinking that waiting another generation would avoid the choices the player made in the original. Plus we know the Witch of the Wilds has ways of extending her life.
You can convince Alistair or Loghain to bang the shit outta her if you don't want to but her pregnancy isn't forced. Maybe she gets an Orlesian grey warden juices, I dunno.

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
A ripple in the pond, an echo across the internet, all the good people of the world whispering and shouting, "Do not rush this. Do not mess this up."

First off, this is coming from EA. I have nothing against EA. I have nothing against Origin. I will buy any game if the story is good, the gameplay is tight, it is relatively bug free, the game actually interests me, and the price is fair. I simply have not bought anything besides TOR and Mass Effect and Dragon Age because nothing else has interested me, or I could get it for cheaper on Steam.

Second off, this is coming from Bioware. We've all expereinced Mass Effect 3s ending, the rush job that is DA 2, and the copy and paste that is TOR. This is a developer that has to prove (at least to us) that it can still make creative, interesting games with awesome story and gameplay.

Am I put off by a long developement period? No. To me, it a sign of care and respect for the game being made. Hell, I am still patiently waiting for Half-Life 3, if Valve ever decides to make it. So take all the time you need Bioware, and make it count.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Ugh, Morrigan, seriously what is up with your face.
No, seriously, why does it seem like Bioware is hellbend on making stuff ugglier in the sequels. DA 2 was way ugglier than Dragon Age Origins and when DA 3 has faces like that, the trend continues.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Well at least they're not rushing this one, or I hope they aren't. Dragon Age 2 was rumored to have an 8 month development cycle and look where that got them.

Even so I don't think I can trust Bioware at this point. I enjoyed ME3 (yes even the ending) but it was so incredibly linear that if I wasn't so invested in the characters and story I probably wouldn't have finished it. I don't want another linear game that gets labelled as an RPG just because your characters level up. I want a big world to explore and secrets to uncover, not have my hand held as the game walks me down one narrow corridor after another.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
YAY! VARRIC IS BACK!

Dragon Age 2 was utter crap but if they keep nothing else canon except Varric it will be a happy day indeed! Dude was an awesome bro.

Really this is basically Bioware's last chance. I have no hopes for this game because Bioware completely forgot how to make both games and good story as evidenced by the horribly outdated assets, horrible balancing and barely functional mechanics. The story... well the less said about how stupid that got the better ey Mass Effect fans?

If this does not suck a giant donkey dick I will be pleasantly surprised, but I hold no false hope. What we basically saw here is a CG trailer about different factions going to war. I will guarantee you that this will be a linear path through a dull story culminating in a horrible reset to status quo ending. That the factions will barely factor into the story at all not to mention that it will once again look like a piece of ass with lackluster combat.

You have now reached your recommended dose of daily pessimism.

5ilver

Aug 25, 2010
Really hope there's an option to kill/kick Morrigan early on a la Miss Chobot. Other than that, not much to say *shrug*

Fingers crossed there's no more mage/templar conflict and the game has the open world of DA:O mixed with the faster combat of DA2.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Videos autoplaying Y >_>

also, Morrigan mysteriously disappearing. Explained now? o_O

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Amaror said:
Ugh, Morrigan, seriously what is up with your face.
No, seriously, why does it seem like Bioware is hellbend on making stuff ugglier in the sequels. DA 2 was way ugglier than Dragon Age Origins and when DA 3 has faces like that, the trend continues.
Were you referring to

or

as your reference point for Morrigan's great beauty? She was pretty badly presented prior to appearance mods. DA3 looks better.

As for the thing everyone is spoiler tagging about for, just keep in mind that DA2 proved that David Gaider doesn't give a fuck about your choices.

and Morrigan's child was my first thought too.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
endtherapture said:
Qunari or Ogre was that?

Looks sort of...generic fantasy to me...not really getting a Dragon Age vibe from it.

The Dwarven character models still looks awful. Morrigan looks dodgy but i'm glad she is back.
I hate to break it to you but the original two dragon ages were generic fantasy too, maybe a tad more brown and racist (which isn't something you can really show in a teaser trailer).

OT: Excited, Dragon Age is made by the good part of bioware so I have hope.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
My f*cking Warden better appear with Morrigan, otherwise the ending of Witch Hunt means absolutely nothing. Varric looks good, albeit I didn't really recognize him, and I'm looking forward to being the Inquisitor...Kind of want to have my background be as a Seeker or Templar, those are perspectives we've never gotten to see...

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
If they try and make this open world like TES they will fail, utterly and completely. Bioware (before the fall) and current Bioware have never been open world developers. The best thing they can hope for is a return to form and nailing down what it was they have always been good at. Companions, and the clever implementation of choice in the game world.

I've always believed Flemeth was a sort demigod-esque deity and a close servant of the maker. To see what looks like her dragon form leading demons from the fade (the makers first children).... alright Bioware, I'm interested, but you have a high mountain to climb. Don't fuck up.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
A promising trailer as far as trailers tell you shit, and it looks like they haven't fucked with Morrigan's character too much, but by far the best news for the game is the long development time.

Oct 2, 2012
The Qunari look so fucking badass. Who the hell would not run in fear from one of those guys?

The trailer looks sexy and awesome like I expected. Now to wait for actual gameplay videos to see how the game will really be.

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
Wait, so was that the grey warden from the first game at the end of the trailer?

I mean, there were so many different ways his or her story could have ended, but still I personally hope it was. I mean, if Morrigan IS a main part, or possible main part, than the Grey Warden can be as well. Or, when in doubt, it could be a save transfer thing like Mass Effect.

And I definitely disagree with her being brought back as nothing more than fanservice, she wasn't incredibly connected to the plot.

All of that being said, I have yet to fully play DA2 and from what I've heard about it and the first few hours I'll wait for reviews before I get excited for DA3.