Dragon Age 3: What characters do you want/expect in the main party?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Since it looks like it's going to involve Orlais, I don't see why it shouldn't involve a whole new set of party members. I didn't care much for Anders, Fenris and Zevran and I really hope none of them make a return.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
I remember when Bioware said that Dragon Age would be more a story about the world and the events than characters throughout the series. I expect the next Dragon Age will make mention of old characters, but I want a new cast in a new place.

Besides, most of the DA2 party really pissed me off.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Ordinaryundone said:
I think they should just keep bringing Anders back to life, just for kicks. They could make it into a running joke.

Otherwise, I'd prefer to see all new allies. If the old ones come back, it should be as guest party members at the most. Though I'm not against the idea of characters we've already met making a reappearance, like Isabella did in DA2. Cullen or Flemeth would be good choices in this regard.
David Gaider (Lead Writer, I believe) stated the plan is currently to most likely have a mix of old and new characters for companions in Dragon Age 3

Anyways, I wanna see Anders (More Jokey, less emo Mage Rebel), Tallis, Isabella, Leliana, Varric, Nathaniel, Zevran, Shale (Kind of), and Alistair. (Long list, I know)

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Varric: My favorite from all the DA games. Varric alone is like 50% of everything that was good in DA2. I love his storytelling style, humor and badassery.

Alistair: Well, probably not realistic, but I like to see a similar character at least. I liked his whole "knight in shining armor, with humor" personality.

Wynne: Simply because of the awesomeness that is the conversation about Alistair's socks.

Morrigan, Merril, Leliana: These are the "OK" category. I wouldn't mind seeing them return, but I think they're kind of finished and wouldn't be interesting in a new story.

Everyone else can go to hell.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I expect mostly new faces and one or two characters we have seen before. I don't know which, but I doubt we will see Varric, Anders (if only because no matter what that character no longer exists, thanks Justice) or Morrigan in the party. I hope we get Tallis.

Arontala said:
I'm not buying the game if there's no Sten.

Sten is fucking awesome.
There were plenty of Sten in DA2.

Sep 14, 2009
jeesh....and why do some of you people play bioware games? so much hate for their characters..

honestly i wouldn't mind any of them, they all "served their purpose" at some point or another. I liked alistair's dry/sarcastic sense of humor to alot of things, although he is king now and has his duties, so doubt that would happen. Overall, as long as their is witty/sarcastic humor in it with people either talking shit to each other (i would just sit and listen to morrigan/alistair in the first game, i loved their side convos where they would bicker at each other.) i'll probably be happy with whatever characters they throw at me.

granted, this is all IF i buy DA3, they are going to seriously have to earn my money after the me3 horseshit and how rushed DA2 was.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Tali, Garrus... Oh, sorry, wrong post.

I want Varric, Shale, Leliana, Morrigan, Anders, Merrill and Isabela.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
...honestly, new characters entirely.

I found DA:O to be highly generic and while it was okay, I want a fresh cast of faces. In particular characters like Zevran and Alistair shit me to tears with their attitudes and I'd kill them if I could.

DA2 really took a swashbuckling joking approach to companions with their banter and I hope DA3 is more serious. They worked within that literary style but again, I want new people.

Aric Flowers

Mar 26, 2011
Assuming that we will be playing with a new character I would like to see Oghren again. Also, I think they ar ebuilding up the seeker in 2 for her to play a major role in 3.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Blood Brain Barrier said:
I'd like a giant penis that can run around and fuck enemies. That'd be cool.

lol I guess it would be cool something like this I am sure

Although I want a character that is actually evil for a change. I am talking bloodthirsty power hungry and a sense of just sheer immorality.

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
Ordinaryundone said:
I think they should just keep bringing Anders back to life, just for kicks. They could make it into a running joke.

Otherwise, I'd prefer to see all new allies. If the old ones come back, it should be as guest party members at the most. Though I'm not against the idea of characters we've already met making a reappearance, like Isabella did in DA2. Cullen or Flemeth would be good choices in this regard.
The funny thing is that could do just that. Bring Anders back to life and justify that with justice(no pun intended).

The only characters i really,really want to come back are Varric and Tallis(especialy Tallis, since she was a party member only in the DLC). If the rest just got cameos, i would be happy.
And dont want Sten, i prefer a renegade qunari,it would be nice to know there part of the story.Also Tevinter mage! Me wants one.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
hulksmashley said:
Also, reading this, I'm apparently the only one who liked Fenris. That's okay. I'm one of the few who like Kaidan too. I think it's because I like the Bioware characters designed to appeal to the lady folk.
No, no, you're not the only one! I liked them both too. :)

For the most part I'd like to see some new faces in DA3, because that's a whole new set of stories to get involved in. However I wouldn't object to Varric reappearing, as he was a great character foil in 2.

I'm expecting the Chantry people to be around, so Cassandra and Lelianna.

And whilst I'd love more Alistair, after what they did to his model in DA2, it's probably best to leave that well alone. Besides, he's got a lot of kinging to do, so might not find the time to go off gallivanting round Orlais.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I just want to be able to pick what race I am again. An entirely new cast would be best, I think. Dragon Age 3 needs a blank slate.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
All new characters would be great.

Hoowwwevvver, I would love to see Varric, Merril and Sten back; all were great characters. Zevran was a laugh as well, would be good to see another cameo appearance.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Morrigan's grown-up demon child.
A male qunari love interest. Please don't screw us over again, Bioware.
A non-evil Darkspawn. You know, like Legion in Mass Effect 2.
Alistair's son. You know, just to counter Morrigan's kid.