Dragon Age Comes to Facebook

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Yeah, I'll try it. It is still designed by BioWare so it MIGHT be good. I have serious doubts that it will be though. Who knows, maybe it will hold me over until I get the Ultimate Edition for the PC (only ever played console, but my PC can run it now).

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Its good to see more serious games coming to Facebook, this is one I'll definetly check out. While I'm not hoping for a masterpeice, if its anything like the free browser game Dragonn Age: Journeys, then it will be good for a free game.

nosafetynets

Sep 27, 2010
Please... no more games to spam up my facebook. I don't need to hear about so-and-so playing a knocked-down, dried out version of what was once a decent game. Some people actually use the site for networking... No way am I touching that. A waste of time, most definitely.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
"Our goal is to change the perception of social network games and attract new players to the Facebook platform by raising the quality bar," said Mark Spenner, general manager of EA 2D, the studio making the game.

I am grateful to know that a great developer sees the value of social gaming, and has taken the steps to bring it to a level in which it might be able to change the perceptions surrounding social games in general. I tip my hat to you EA.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I might just have to make an exception to my rule of not playing games on Facebook.

Might.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Hah, I love it, A game the purports itself to be a throwback to the hardcore RPGs of yesteryear is now getting a bloody social game spin-off. It's like if it was discovered that Richard Garriott is secretly the president of Zynga.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I was hoping at least Bioware to resist this Facebook casual game temptation.
You dissapointed me !! (I will still play your normal games >.> )

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Waif said:
"Our goal is to change the perception of social network games and attract new players to the Facebook platform by raising the quality bar," said Mark Spenner, general manager of EA 2D, the studio making the game.

I am grateful to know that a great developer sees the value of social gaming, and has taken the steps to bring it to a level in which it might be able to change the perceptions surrounding social games in general. I tip my hat to you EA.
Eloquently said, and exactly what I was thinking.

They are making an effort to further a burgeoning sub-genre.
At least respect them for that.