Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed at Least a Month

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed at Least a Month

If you have been waiting with anticipation for BioWare's next installment in the Dragon Age saga, you won't mind waiting a few more weeks, will you?

Dragon Age: Inquisition has been getting some positive buzz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/e32014/11579-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Biggest-RPG-Ever-Created-by-BioWare] as a worthy successor to BioWare's previous stellar Dragon Age RPGs. October was supposed to be a month of joy. Now, November should be a month of joy.

In a note on the official Dragon Age site [http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/dragon-age-inquisition-update], Executive Producer Mike Darrah revealed that the game is being delayed from October 7 to November 18. Playing off the usual "we want this to be the best it can be mantra" tied to most delays, Darrah said "his last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero's choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on."

This is probably a good thing, as October is already full of games that will be competing for our time. So I guess a few more weeks won't hurt.

Source: Dragon Age Inquisition web site [http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/dragon-age-inquisition-update]

Nov 28, 2007
I'm all for a delay. It sucks a bit in a selfish way, but I'd rather wait for a great game than have a good game now.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority for thinking that Dragon Age: Inquisition will be a great game, but I still think it can be, and I like to be optimistic.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Am I the only one worried about this? Not the delay, but the game itself. Lets not mince words here: The Escapist doesn't exactly have a great record for how its treated DA games.
10/10 for Dragon Age 2 if I recall correctly.
And the hype and positive feelings being generated for this game is kinda' disconcerting. I've kept up with the DA: Inquisition posts and from what I know is that its gonna' be a hit, and I'm apparently going to buy it. And its dark and depressing, something that I kinda' assumed what with the whole 'Dragon Age' bit.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Changing a single behavior can have lots of unforeseen repercussions.

Now they expect me to believe that dozens (if not many more) of behaviors and dialogue choices are being "modified" or "improved" for the greater good of the experience?

Unless those choices/dialogues are very near the end of the game (or have insignificant effects on the world), I doubt this final month is what they claim it's for

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Damn, I was REALLY looking forward to getting this in October, fresh off the heels of Tales of Xillia 2. But hey, they already delayed it by a year, so another month shouldn't be too bad right? A shame, but I know they are going to do their best to make it as smooth as possible, and the game is already looking (and sounding) to be a great game. Still a bummer though, need my Bioware fix badly.

It gives them a chance to show off more of the mechanics I guess though. The tactical camera, showing off the companions more, the skills and equipment, that sort of stuff. Can't forget about the 2 romances they still have tucked away in their pocket either.

Please November, get here soon?

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I have a feeling that they're working on their open world, which would explain why they weren't giving open door demos at E3. I'm super pumped for this game and I would love for it to come out in October but I'll be patient. As long as the game is good, I will be happy.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
That's fine. Take as long as you need. Don't Dragon Age 2 again. Or worse, BF4.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
oldtaku said:
I think I'd take BF4 over DA2. The latter was a bad game, the former merely average with some server issues.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Why do I have the feeling this wasn't done for the reasons they are saying and its being done so its closer to Christmas?

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Wouldn't it be smarter to release in November if Bioware aimed for Christmas sales? This might just be fine-tuning, but I'm a cynical asshole who knows that it will be bland by catalogue of 21st Century games from them.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
RoonMian said:
Yes. Take a month and actually finish it. Don't repeat the mistakes of Dragon Age 2.
They already took an extra year to finish it so It should already be in the home stretch if not completely done by now.

With Sims 4 and DA:I I foresee strong sales for EA for the fourth quarter, even though Sims 4 is looking like a disaster at this point it will probably sell like hotcakes.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Much like everyone else has said, I would much them take as much time as they need to make sure that the game works as intended as opposed to rushing a game out of the door that is buggy and broken in almost every aspect. The last thing that EA needs is another Battlefield 4.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Given what I've heard about the Square Peg of Dragon Age:Inquisition being forced into the Round Hole of The Frostbite 2 Engine (i.e an RPG being put together on a dedicated shooter engine that lacks the universal elegance of something like the Unreal Engine) I am not remotely surprised that they need some time to make sure everything works. Take your time guys and gals of Bioware, take your time, better than having a Battlefield 4/Sim City screw up on your hands.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
At least it wasn't pushed back to the end of February like The Witcher 3. The delay does give me more time to do my origin play though of every race, both genders, and every origin story for DA:O.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
A month's delay doesn't worry me so much - that's only enough time to polish stuff, not to do major changes, so this looks like the fundamentals of the game are solid. If it delayed 6 months, like Watch_Dogs, I'd be concerned, because the throughline of the plot there was pretty inconsistent, it felt like different parts cobbled together from different drafts.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
razer17 said:
oldtaku said:
I think I'd take BF4 over DA2. The latter was a bad game, the former merely average with some server issues.
.....do you even know what a bad game is? DA2 while rushed was still a good game, not a great game but a good game.

Now I think the words you wanted to use were "it was disappointing to you"

OT: not happy I have to wait another month but oh well still cant wait:)