Dragon Age: Inquisition - Your expectations

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Non-existent.

Because who cares about a game 1 year in advance when people are still giffing about the "failures" of the Xbox One and "Successes" of the PS4.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
Better than da2, not as good as origins. It'll be worth a play through for sure.

Mossberg Shotty said:
I hope we get to play as Hawke again, because there's something endearing about a character who can crack wise over the mangled corpse of his own mother.
when does he do that?

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'm expecting a mix of DA2's gameplay with an Origins-type story and an open-world map. In DA2, I loved the fact the main character was voice acted. I also loved the combat animations and, despite what a lot of people say, I found the story quite engaging. Sure, it lacked in places and Origins had a few places where it was better, but I still enjoyed it.
Basically, they could re release DA2 with a new story (and locations) and better graphics and I'd be happy, though I assume many people would disagree with me on that.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I'm exoecting a completely mediocre peice of shit.

I'm hoping for everything that mae DA:O great and nothing at all from DA2. Sadly they just have to have a voiced protagonist. Fuck that. I liked my silent grey warden thank you very much and if you give him a fucking voice Bioware I will rip your intestines out and feed them to the crows be very disappointed. I just want Bioware to go back to being good.

rekabdarb said:
Non-existent.

Because who cares about a game 1 year in advance when people are still giffing about the "failures" of the Xbox One and "Successes" of the PS4.
people like me who are hoping Bioware can pull their heads out of their asses and make a worthy Dragon Age sequel. Dragon Age was one of those defining games in my gamer life and I mate what Bioware is turning it into.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Not much considering they announced it with multiplayer... unless it's strictly co-op it's it'll be completely superfluous... and only serve to drain resource away from what everyone cares about, IE the singleplayer... you know, like what happened in ME3...<.<

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
thejboy88 said:
The third installment of Bioware's popular Dragion Age series will eventually be hitting the shelves. Now as this is the presumably last entry into this franchise,
That's...actually a matter of debate, apparently:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125263-EA-Explains-Why-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Isnt-Dragon-Age-III

According to Gibeau the move was also made to help drive home that Inquisition will be less of a direct sequel and more of a new story taking place in the Dragon Age universe. "We just wanted to draw more attention to the fact that Inquisition is an all-new chapter inside of the Dragon Age universe, as opposed to people expecting a follow-on to Dragon Age 1 and 2 in a literal, linear sense."

Anyways, to the matter at hand: I expected to see what ends up happening with the Mage civil war, but the above quote casts some doubt on to whether or not we'll actually see the end of it. I hate when developers give out vague quotes like that. Anywho, Morrigan's obviously going to be in it, and yes I'm curious as to what became of the child a few of my characters sired with her. But I'm just as curious to see what the situation will be if you refused to do the horizontal Monster Mash with her, thus no evil god baby could/would be born. For that matter, what about the ending to the Witch Hunt DLC? Didn't she kinda...leave Thedas, never to return?

I'd imagine Flemmeth, for that matter, will be playing a larger role in this game. But honestly the quote from the article has pretty much tossed all my thoughts and expectations of the game into confusion, as he quite clearly stated "It's not going to be a follow-on to Dragon Age 1 and 2 in a literal, linear sense." Yet Varrick is in the teaser trailer as well. So either the guy quoted in the article was just pulling words out of his ass or there's some kind of shenanigans going on here.

One thing I'm certain of, though, is that Blood Magic will still be overpowered as fuck. :p

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
I highly expect a game from bioware with the strong illusion of "choice". You know since in ME1 your choices never effected ME2. Your choices in DA:O had no effect on DA2. But forget how it continues the plot. DA2 was just terrible. Other than Varick, the MC was unlikeable. What they did to Anders was the exact same thing that Origins did to Deadpool. See, I was expected awesome quips between Varick and Anders once I found out who was making an appearance. Just to find out we lost the wise ass Anders to Emo Anders.

Plus I want a silent protagonist again. I actually wanna feel like I'm saying what is going on than have the MC voice something completely from the left field.

Basiritz

Oct 26, 2009
I expect online multiplayer. A mediocre nonsensical plot. Half the story and good gear being taken out for Day one dlc. And possibly microtransactions.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I expect the internet to complain a lot, and hate on every and any detail they can justify to themselves.

Then later they will complain about how far their loved developer has fallen, even though its now a few years running that they hated everything said developer put out.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
0 expectations. There was a time when having BioWare on the box meant pre-order. Now, I'll let other folks spend their sixty bucks first and try it out. Dragon Age 2 was strike one, but hey. everyone gets one bomb. Then Mass Effect 3 happened. Strike 2.

I get the feeling if BioWare blows Dragon Age: I, they're going to be absorbed into EA collective fully like many other 3rd party companies before them. A single tear shall be shed.

Bonk4licious

Jul 5, 2013
I'm hoping that in the time we've waited we'll get an improved formula. The first one was a grand game that I kept putting down every 10-20 hours, I think the course of my 60 hr adventure took the collective total of a year to beat, always putting it down and picking it back up, so I hope they can figure out why it felt rather dull at certain points. The second one I felt had great overall writing, I liked the main plot points, just the main party members (the dwarf and Isabella particularly) I felt were really badly written and the game's relationships could have been a lot better.

And they better finish up this Morrigan cliffhangar nonsense, because I'm still mad the DLC about it and the second game in the franchise couldn't give me any kind of information on what's actually happening.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Basiritz said:
I expect online multiplayer. A mediocre nonsensical plot. Half the story and good gear being taken out for Day one dlc. And possibly microtransactions.
Considering this is EA we are talking about at least half of those are a given.

My personal expectations are low and I will not buy it considering the last two train-wrecks that were Bioware branded games.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Keiichi Morisato said:
Anthony Corrigan said:
Keiichi Morisato said:
none at all, as I am more excited for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I would also prefer if they omitted gay relationships in their Dragon Age games, it's one thing if they include it in Mass Effect, but in the setting of Dragon Age it just feels out of place given the time period it draws inspiration from.
umm why?

http://voices.yahoo.com/homosexuality-late-middle-ages-renaissance-1848876.html

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=homosexuality+in+the+renaissance+period&rlz=1C1WPDB_enAU502AU502&oq=homosexuality+in+the+rena&aqs=chrome.2.57j0l3.6831j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There are lots of articles which show samesex sex was quite prevalent in the late middle ages and renaissance period. Hell Leonardo Da Vinci was more than likely gay
I didn't mean the renaissance -_-... I just feel that it is inappropriate for fantasy settings drawing inspiration from the middle ages. the renaissance doesn't count, as that is pretty much it's own era in Europe, it's very different in tone than the middle ages.
Dude.
Thedas is not Earth.
They don't even have the same religions.
Therefore they don't have the same weirdness over homosexuality like the Judaeo-Christian nations did.
Therefore, it makes PERFECT SENSE and it's PERFECTLY APPROPRIATE.

Seriously. This is a FICTIONAL UNIVERSE and therefore ANYTHING THAT THE CREATORS WANT is PERFECTLY BELIEVABLE because it isn't real, it never has and never will, and therefore saying "well in OUR history...!" is stupid because IT ISN"T TAKING PLACE IN OUR HISTORY. AT. ALL.

OT: I am coming in with no expectations. Because expectations is what made II disappointing. I'm certainly not going to be expecting another "Origins". As much as I want to :(

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am hoping it it will feature a 40k crossover and that the inhabitants of Thedas we see what a true crap sack world is and stop their bitching.

Beyond that, about 20 new shades of the colour brown.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
After ME3 and DA2, I just can't get that excited about it.

If the game turns out to be good, then I'll give it a go, but otherwise I'll be keeping my pre-order cash firmly...in one of about five bill collector's pockets.

HannesPascal

Mar 1, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Anywho, Morrigan's obviously going to be in it, and yes I'm curious as to what became of the child a few of my characters sired with her.
I think that you never sired a child with her just like you never killed Leliana.

I expect the entire game taking place in one cave where you'll get to make choices about the story that the game ignores and you have to fight everyone no matter what you do.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
At this point I have nothing invested in anything Bioware is doing anymore. I'll probably pick it up to see what they cooked up (there'll always be a certain level of entertainment), but I'm really not expecting much of anything.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
They might as well make one giant flat world alternating between meaningless shinny brawling to family soap drama, everyone who expects more then that left anyway so why not maximize those key points, add everything else as DLC.
And obviously Escapist will review it as the definitive RPG experience.

Actually I'm just taking the piss, after Bioware's last couple of games I know they will just make shit that infuriates me so I preffer to imagine extreme scenarios most of their new fanbase would still swallow.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Well, they can't make a cover-based melee combat game, right? So at least that's not to be expected.

Although they can still godofwarify it... Hmmmm.

OK, to be serious, I don't think it will be as much of a disappointment as DA2 was. It seems EA has accepted that you can't go with a yearly release schedule for a WRPG series. So definitely more polished is what I'm expecting.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
thejboy88 said:
Now as this is the presumably last entry into this franchise, I would like to know exactly what fans will be expecting of it.
It isn't. Bioware hasn't said it is. EA hasn't said it is. Dragon Age was never intended to be a trilogy and it is definitely not a trilogy.

Sick of people assuming every game series has to be a bloody trilogy.