Dragon Age is Back in a Big Way with Dragon Age: Inquisition

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
See, Bioware, when you actually put effort in to your game and not just cash grab, you can actually produce something good. WHO KNEW????

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I hope it is good, BioWare has a LOT to apologize for over the past few years.

perhaps this will be the beginning of a redemption?

sataricon

Oct 7, 2014
2 things come to mind after reading.
1- the dude didn't think that DA2 was bad,,,,"or was that bad" which really is troublesome because DA2 was shit.....not story wise "beside the shitty end" but the game play was utter garbage.

2- I was hoping that any one in the press would ask bioware if DA3 will be a dating sim in a bad way.
Now what i mean that in dating sims even if you refuse the advances of NPC A and B you don't get worse relations that affect your gameplay.....this was done better in DA:O

I really hope it's good because i'm starting to see the effects that EA have on Bioware which is bad.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Sanunes said:
-Ezio- said:
Dominic Crossman said:
With the game being less than half a month away I only have question.
Where is Dragon Age Keep?
Seriously, I've got a lot of options that nedd tweaking (For Multiple Playthroughs, Mage Human in Origins and Mage Hawke in 2 so they are related being my main)
it's still in beta. the full version will probably launch a week or 2 before inquisition.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

you can only play around with pre-made characters right now.
You can use your existing characters as long as you were allowing uploads to the EA servers when playing the first two games, if you turned that off you will have to log into both games and load the characters you want to upload and save the game again.
aaah. thankyou. i will check on that.

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
I hope this ends up being as good as it's looking to be. If not, I won't be pre-ordering games for a very very long time. Usually I know when I'll enjoy a game, but after feeling cheated by Destiny...I just don't know, I'm a little paranoid now. I won't waste money like that again, only reason I pre-ordered DA:I was because it was $12 off.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
ExtraDebit said:
Why do game developers insist on getting inspiration from distasteful things like inquisition, crusade and witchhunts? Are people really proud of that part of their history?
Ya! You know what, let's just do away with all violence in video games since that's distasteful in real life too!

OT: Good to hear that the game is gigantic. The more I hear about this game, the more I think that Bioware might be back on the right track. Still, I'm not holding my breath.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Arina Love said:
See, Bioware, when you actually put effort in to your game and not just cash grab, you can actually produce something good. WHO KNEW????
I thought we all had agreed to blame DA2 on EA and not BioWare. BioWare's the only reason DA2 is considered "not that bad" by some people, aren't they?
FieryTrainwreck said:
The last major feature I got to spend some time with was the much more extensive crafting and resource system. Gathering resources is much of the incentive for hunting down every corner of the map
Sometimes I fantasize about overseeing the production of a massive AAA RPG. On that very first day, I get to assign all the "teams" to their various tasks creating and refining all of the game's features and systems. But when it's time to decide who should work on crafting and resource gathering, I just laugh loudly for a few minutes before crossing these features off the list entirely and reassigning any affected personnel to the writing/narrative departments. I don't even care if they're writers. I'd rather have coders contributing to characters and story than even one person diligently trying to shoehorn a shallow, shitty facsimile of Minecraft into a single-player RPG.

So uh... just add the above to the laundry list of reasons why I'm not overseeing the production of any massive AAA RPGs.
I'm actually really on the fence about crafting because it usually makes me groan when a AAA game announces that it's gonna have resource gathering and crafting in it, yet every single time there is i end up spending heaps of time with it. Skyrim is probably the biggest offender (100 smithing and 100 enchanting are ESSENTIAL! ..to all my characters. For /some/reason).

If crafting lets you make weapons and armor that's more powerful than anything you can find randomly in the world at least there's a point to it and hey... in an RPG it at least makes some kinda sense so long as the weapons and armor get their own distinct look. I find colour customization on created items tend to help a lot.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Arina Love said:
I thought we all had agreed to blame DA2 on EA and not BioWare. BioWare's the only reason DA2 is considered "not that bad" by some people, aren't they?
I blame everybody. Pets, their overlords, it doesn't matter, at the end i got mediocre product. I find it hard to believe that Bioware is blameless.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I am so excited about this game. This is the game that is finally making me jump ship and pick up a PS4. It looks so pretty, the story sounds amazing, and the Dragon Age team has shown that they not only listen when fans critique (or complain) about their games, they address the issues to the best that they can. Anyone who played the DLC for Dragon Age II can see that.

All of this gives me high hopes for this game, and I intend to play the living daylights out of it. But be warned, BioWare. If I get another Mass Effect 3 ending, my goodwill shall be no more. I'm not terribly worried about that for this game (I actually enjoyed Dragon Age II), but I now know that it can happen.

Zato-1

Mar 27, 2009
I stopped reading after the first line from the second paragraph. I just don't care for the perspective on the Dragon Age franchise from Dragon Age 2 haters; I definitely liked it better than Dragon Age: Origins. More interesting characters (seriously, aside from Morrigan all DA:O characters have zero personality, and I didn't like Morrigan), nowhere near as repetitive, much better class balance (Mage was ridiculously overpowered in the original), and I even got to execute Anders after his betrayal- all of this makes Dragon Age 2 the best game in the franchise for me thus far, despite its many flaws.

Ulquiorra4sama said:
Arina Love said:
No. I don't especially care about Bioware or most of its games; never played Baldur's Gate, and what little Mass Effect I did play I hated. I just like the Dragon Age franchise, especially Dragon Age 2.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Zato-1 said:
I stopped reading after the first line from the second paragraph. I just don't care for the perspective on the Dragon Age franchise from Dragon Age 2 haters; I definitely liked it better than Dragon Age: Origins. More interesting characters (seriously, aside from Morrigan all DA:O characters have zero personality, and I didn't like Morrigan), nowhere near as repetitive, much better class balance (Mage was ridiculously overpowered in the original), and I even got to execute Anders after his betrayal- all of this makes Dragon Age 2 the best game in the franchise for me thus far, despite its many flaws.

Ulquiorra4sama said:
Arina Love said:
No. I don't especially care about Bioware or most of its games; never played Baldur's Gate, and what little Mass Effect I did play I hated. I just like the Dragon Age franchise, especially Dragon Age 2.
But he doesn't hate Dragon Age 2. Justin just said that he was disappointed by the recycled assets.

Zato-1

Mar 27, 2009
TheIceQueen said:
Zato-1 said:

Ulquiorra4sama said:
Arina Love said:
But he doesn't hate Dragon Age 2. Justin just said that he was disappointed by the recycled assets.
Perhaps you're right. I'm pretty excited about this upcoming game, but having to always read attacks on a game I very much liked as a preface to all coverage on Dragon Age Inquisition gets old pretty quickly. The recycled assets and things like all amulets being called "Amulet" definitely detract from Dragon Age 2, but reading about it for the fifteenth time just makes me want to stop reading. I'll just wait until reviews for the new game are out, I guess.

Aiberg

Oct 2, 2009
Greg Tito and you seem to have a rare liking to Dragon Age 2, then. To me saying Dragon Age 2 was better than Dragon Age: Origins is pure injustice.
Zato-1 said:

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Johnisback said:
Can somebody tell me what the fuck the point in the Dragon Age Keep is? Because I just read this on the Bioware webiste

Syncing your data from the previous games has no impact on Inquisition
The Keep does not use your data from previous games to set your choices, there is no save game import in the Keep
Soooo, why?
They say your save file don't worth a damn, you will have to make all decisions in the Keep.

From Keep's FAQ

Will we be able to direct import saves into the Keep?
Unfortunately we won't be able to directly import saves. However, over 300 choices are accounted for in the Keep, so you?ll be able to recreate your Dragon Age universe down to the details.

Estelindis

Jan 25, 2008
Johnisback said:
Can somebody tell me what the fuck the point in the Dragon Age Keep is? Because I just read this on the Bioware webiste

Syncing your data from the previous games has no impact on Inquisition
The Keep does not use your data from previous games to set your choices, there is no save game import in the Keep
Soooo, why?
I'm not sure what the point of character syncing is, apart from importing the name of the character. However, the point of the Keep itself is to select choices that you made in DA:O and DA2, so that DA:I can take account of it. It's well worth it!

Uncle Comrade

Feb 28, 2008
Johnisback said:
Arina Love said:
Estelindis said:
Ahh I see, so it does still have an effect then.
Good to know, would have been very disappointed otherwise.
From my experience playing around in the Keep, it seems that syncing your games imports your characters and their decisions, which you can then alter as you wish, before allowing you to export your 'world state' in an Inquisition-friendly format.

You can also start an entire world state from scratch using one of the default characters, which is handy if you don't want to play through the games all over again just to do a few things differently.