Dragon Age: Retribution

Estelindis

Jan 25, 2008
I enjoyed this a lot. Great plot and characters. The Dragon Age feel is very authentic. Thanks for writing and sharing!

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
evilthecat said:
The fact is though that despite the optimistic title of the series for which the genre is named the, point was generally not to allow the reader to shape the plot, but to simulate challenge resolution with choices.
Which is exactly my problem with it.

Again, I understand that the real thing was/is not truly possible, but the technical limits doesn't make me hope for the real thing to arrive any less.

Also, personally I prefer a choice scheme where every possible choice continues the story, but it does change how badly things turn out or which direction it goes in.

Beretta

Feb 27, 2007
Another accountant:
I saved the child, but killed them both. There was no god damn way that elf was walking out this with his spine intact. Wasn't with the big burial scene, but I doubt Fern cared. I spared his ward by sparing Antiva. Good enough.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I'm starting to feel that I'm probably the only one that...
decided to go with opening the door and saying fuck everyone after they killed Fern. I didn't even really do it to deliberately pick the bad end, as I'd saved the kid and been a pretty peaceful dwarf up to that point. However, after they killed Fern and I knew I was gonna die either way, let's open the doors to hell and let Maker sort it out.

Hehe, if you can't tell I got really rather invested in this little adventure. Really good job on writing this, I was glued to the screen the whole time, and for once stuck with my decisions rather than having multiple tabs open like I normally do.

And now I want to go play Dragon Age again.