Dragon age review for Xbox 360

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
This is what I call a game for between game. By that I mean something to play while waiting for you Gamefly game to come in, or something better to be released. I was never drawn in or amazed. Most every twist and turn can be seen coming a mile away. Believe me almost every RPG cliché is here.

GRAPHICS - 7/10
Nothing jaw dropping but you can tell a man from a women so that?s a plus.

MUSIC/SOUND - 5/10
It lets you know what you should be feeling. Don't expect to be moved to tears thought.

STORY - 5/10
Pretty run of the mill. You have to save the world from evil. We've all done it before.

CHARACTERS - 5/10
Like I said before pretty much every cliché is here. I never found that one stand out guy or girl. If you ever played an RPG before, you'll know what part everyone going to play.

GAMEPLAY - 5/10
Combat can be boring and clunky. A pretty meh game but will pass the time.

OVERALL - 5/10
Nothing work to ever immerse you into this world. So don't expect the hours to fly by.

Final thoughts (Spoilers just to be safe)
All in all it more a rent then a buy, there are 6 origins but after one or two play through you've seen everything this game has to offer. When a game biggest selling point in some soft core you know something went wrong.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
This review was way too short. Single lines for each part of a game just doesn't cut it.

Also, numbers? Seriously? Yahtzee would be disappointed.

(Please don't be offended by my criticism, take it on board so you can improve on your next review)

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Naturalized said:
That was short.

I think the graphics score should be a little lower and the story a little higher. (I read the codex things and I have seen it being played on a PC with full graphics settings.)
I gave it a 7 becuase like I said I could tell what they where. Plus no box or jagged lines

Simalacrum said:
This review was way too short. Single lines for each part of a game just doesn't cut it.

Also, numbers? Seriously? Yahtzee would be disappointed.

(Please don't be offended by my criticism, take it on board so you can improve on your next review)
As far as short and numbers. I try to make it so people can tell what I want I think quickly. I find the common human attition spand to be less the a few seconds.

Plus feel free to offer criticism. I'd hate to think it's my first review and I already peaked. So please I do want to get better so bring it on.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I'm sorry but this was a terrible review. First of all a game cannot be summarized in what is less than the equivalent of one paragraph, you come off as a troll and someone who skimmed the game or didn't actually play it at all where is description, where is the writing, if you're reviewing a game yet you say nothing about it. In fact my criticisms of this review are almost as long as your review so what does that tell you?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
IceStar100 said:
This is what I call a game for between game. By that I mean something to play while waiting for you Gamefly game to come in, or something better to be released. I was never drawn in or amazed. Most every twist and turn can be seen coming a mile away. Believe me almost every RPG cliché is here.

Not a very good opening, you basically just claim it is "cliche" with no points to back it up. Again, you point out you were not immersed without explaining why, you need o justify you points.

GRAPHICS - 7/10
Nothing jaw dropping but you can tell a man from a women so that?s a plus.

Very helpful [/sarcasm] Why don't you actually go into detail explaining why the graphics get such a score, such as the buildings, the landscapes - how is the art style - why are they not immersive? This minimalistic approach to reviewing is not useful.

MUSIC/SOUND - 5/10
It lets you know what you should be feeling. Don't expect to be moved to tears thought.

Again, not helpful. There are a variety of music tracks in a game like this, explain the genre, who composed the songs - at least make an effort...

STORY - 5/10
Pretty run of the mill. You have to save the world from evil. We've all done it before.

Every game has that basic story, from Call of Duty to Final Fantasy - it's the way the game tells that story that makes this section useful to the reader.

CHARACTERS - 5/10
Like I said before pretty much every cliché is here. I never found that one stand out guy or girl. If you ever played an RPG before, you'll know what part everyone going to play.

This should go under story - see my complaints on that section.

GAMEPLAY - 5/10
Combat can be boring and clunky. A pretty meh game but will pass the time.

And how does this combat work, etc...

OVERALL - 5/10
Nothing work to ever immerse you into this world. So don't expect the hours to fly by.

Again, how does the game not immerse you - what does it do wrong?

Final thoughts (Spoilers just to be safe)
All in all it more a rent then a buy, there are 6 origins but after one or two play through you've seen everything this game has to offer. When a game biggest selling point in some soft core you know something went wrong.
A pretty poor review verging on terrible, numbers do nothing if you can't explain why you feel that way. A review is supposed to help the reader decide if they might like to buy the game or not and in that respect this review doesn't meet its objective.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
This review is much too short, with an incredible lack of detail, and overall, doesn't do anything.
It doesn't tell me if I should get it or not, because your review is terrible.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
D_987 is wrong when he says "A pretty poor review verging on terrible..". This review is beyond horrible.

You didn't even try to make a decent review did you? How much of the game did you play anyway? Your review just screams that:
a)You watched some Youtube videos and made a review out of that.
b)Your boy/girlfriend ditched you to play the game.
c)You played only a small part of the game

Put some damn work into it, the game has something like 50 hours(or whatever...) anhd you summed it poorly into a handfull of lines.

This review is bad and you should feel bad!

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
oliveira8 said:
D_987 is wrong when he says "A pretty poor review verging on terrible..". This review is beyond horrible.
Well they did split it into sections and use decent spelling / grammar - that pushes it out of the "terrible" zone for me.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Finally, another horrid review to rip into...

Ya know what...because you didn't put any sort of effort into this review, I will make no effort to even read it...

This review is so poor that I don't even need to read it...

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
D_987 said:
oliveira8 said:
Well they did split it into sections and use decent spelling / grammar - that pushes it out of the "terrible" zone for me.
Oh well thats a fair point. Then again theres so little written that there isn't many room for errors.
Also who's they?

Destal

Jul 8, 2009
That was an awful review. As people have said before one sentance just doesn't cut it. It's kind of obvious that you didn't really give the game a true chance or play very far into it. I have never played a game that requires as many rough choices as this game has.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
oliveira8 said:
D_987 said:
oliveira8 said:
Oh well thats a fair point. Then again theres so little written that there isn't many room for errors.
Also who's they?
They as in the other person...

And that's a fair point.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Gosh, terrible review

I personally think your a troll

How far did you play into the game?

You cannot honestly say that the story and characters are horrible. Thats like saying Halo 3 was an RTS

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Most people have already pointed out your flaws, but I can go on a bit myself.

Numbers are the dumbest thing ever. We want opinions explained in detail. People DO NOT read reviews so that the reviewer can tell them if they should buy a game or not, I repeat, people DO NOT read reviews because of that. They read reviews so that they can get a good view on how the game works, if the flaws are forgivable and if the gameplay sounds nice, then they decide if they should buy it. People use numbers for one thing only, and that is to compare the game to another one with a different score. It's stupid and causes diversity and ignorance.

There is nothing about this review done right. And with such a bad start I really don't think you should do reviews. It's one thing to make a beginners mistake, but making a review like this and defending it with "the audience is to stupid to pay attention to anything other than numbers" is wrong. You've missed the point entirely of how to do reviews.

Rant over.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I can't tell if this review is serious, or a joke.
If it's a joke, I say try something a little more obvious.
If it's not a joke, then people here have obviously gave you all the advice you need to write a more proper review.

I, for one, am loving Dragon Age. The combat gets pretty hard at points, but I enjoy the challenge.
I love the characters, the back stories, the quests, and the setting. I'll have to finish it and play through a time or two more to see, but it's already my favorite RPG of the last few years, and I imagine it'll hold that throne for some time.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Funny in it's own way. I was trying to avoid a long review. Alwell maybe I try again some times maybe not.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
This wasn't a review. You just stated you didn't like the game. Good for you. Move along.