Dragonball - Evolution Writer Apologizes to Fans

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Good of him to admit it. Replacing Goku with an American high school kid sounds more like a parody from Cracked.com than an actual movie, so this was definitely a warranted apology.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
There were certain things I simply did not grow with and seeing the old fans attacking a new interpretation of their childhood franchise is usually the most interesting event (see Teen Titans Go! and TMNT). But Dragon Ball fans simply take the fun out of it

Let me get this out of the way: yes the anime was good and the movie was bad, not in a atrocious kind of bad, but a forgettable kind of bad. But certain people treat the movie like it killed their families before causing the Hindenburg disaster, I don't think the fans of Avatar and Jem reacted this badly when their adaptations got royally butt-f***ed (and considering how atrocious those movies were and and stripped of the source material were among other problems, that's a freaking compliment)

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Pluvia said:
Happyninja42 said:
He shouldn't have to apologize at all. It's just a movie.
Yeah I expected more of this in here. It's quite astounding the level of entitlement from people thinking that someone should have to apologise for writing a movie.

So far in this thread it's been a bunch of people congratulating a guy for apologising to them for offending them with his rather unoffensive art. Christ Almighty.
Have you already forgotten that-game-which-should-remain-unnamed?

OT: I never watched the movie because I wasn't expecting anything out of it in the first place, but I'll admit this made me laugh and think, "how long until Shyamalan apologizes for Avatar?" (For the record, I've never watched that movie either, and barely seen any of the show.)

MythicMatt

Phantom of the forum
Feb 4, 2015
As a Dragon Ball fan, I actually enjoyed DragonBall: Evolution. There, I said it.

...I wasn't supposed to say it, was I?

But, the writer apologizing is definitely applaudable. So, applause he shall get.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Pluvia said:
That one? The one full of entitlement and whining? Christ. That's a reaaaaallly bad example to bring up due to how bad it made fans look. Really, really bad.
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Though, contrary to everyone else who still somehow manages to be upset about that, I was thinking of it precisely because it made the fans look bad. Considering how much of that was concentrated in these forums, I should think the responses to this piece of information shouldn't be that surprising at all.