Dragons: Slay or befriend?

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
If my life is in no danger and I can actually befriend the dragon, then I'm definitely going for befriending!

What does slaying the dragon get you? Fame, glory and women? You'd get that by befriending the dragon as well AND you'd get to talk to it, learn the language (etc.), ride it into the sky and name yourself the dragon rider or some other awesome shit.

I mean seriously, who here wouldn't want to just jump onto a dragon and fly high into the sky?

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Princess Rose said:
Are we talking dragons that can shape-shift? Cause I could totally go for "befriending" a dragon. But only if they were shape-changed into human form - I'm not particularly attracted to scales.

If not... eh, kill it, I guess. Clearly a dragon that can't shape shift isn't awesome enough to be my lover - er, friend.
*sigh* Is there any thread I comment on that you're NOT in? XD

I kind of have to agree with my Princess friend here. I'd much rather be buddies with a dragon than fight one. Then again, I'm not much of a hero type. I do what I think is right, not because I want fame and fortune and whatnot.

Also, female shapeshifter dragon could have some possibilities. XD

EDIT: I also remember taking a "Which dragon are you?" personality test, and I ended up being a gold dragon. I can live with that. Guess gold would be my best shot at being friends.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Befriend, seriously, trying to kill its more effort than its worth whereas befriending it gets you at least a wise friend, at best a mount so you can laugh at those guys who think horses are a sign of wealth.