Dragons: Slay or befriend?

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
After sparing the dragon in Witcher 2 I'm really gonna have a hard time to kill a dragon of any kind, from any game. Really, I left a save just before the fight to see how Geralt finisher her/it off, but couldn't do it. Haven't checked the death scene even from YouTube. No can do...

May 20, 2009
CM156 said:
blaize2010 said:
CM156 said:
Depends:
Metallic dragons I'd befriend.

But chromatic ones? Slay!

Remember, if the scales shine, you'll be fine. But if they're red, you're gonna be dead

EDIT: If they're black, you'll be a snack
If they're white, your end is in sight
If they're green, say goodbye to your spleen
If they're blue, your life is through
If they're brown, they'll beat you down
If they're grey, run away
*ahem* and if it's orange?
Well, I've never heard of Orange Dragons in the Realms, but I suppose it would go like this

"If it's orange, run away, because it will f*****g eat you before you come up with something that rhymes."
If they're orange, you'll become porridge.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
I pretty much always opt to befriend the dangerous creature if that's an option. So, I'd befriend the dragon. (More than that if she has a human form. >.>; )

samfergo

May 18, 2010
BEFRIEND!!! :D Dragons would make awesome mounts, and companions.
Except it probably wouldnt be to long till someone from 4chan gets a hold of them and make half dragon half human babies :S

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
NightmareLuna said:
The Last Parade said:
NightmareLuna said:
Zing said:
Defeat and consume it's essence and learn it's secrets that way. I can then turn into a dragon myself.

Yes. I can consume the essence of Dragons. I'm that badass.
In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin. DRAGONBORN!
holy shit, what is this?
forged in gods very flame
do mine eyes, tell me lies?
a new Elder Scrolls game?
[sing]Time is nigh, I must fly, venture forth on my quest!
Goodbye Ma, goodbye Pa And goodbye girlfriend's breasts!
I'll be off Azeroth, catch you later Hyrule, I'll be gone Albion, I'm no longer your fool![/sing]
All the crap filled the gap, while I waited to begin,
the adventure of my life, in the land of Skyrim.

Sorry, had to be done.

OT - Befriend, THEN kill them. They'll never see it coming.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Friendly purple space-dragon is my friend. I will call him... Watzunga! No reason for this, just sort of did.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Depends how fast it flies. If it's like a Nightfury from that movie, do want. Netherwing from WoW, do want.

But befriend for the most part because they are intelligent, sentient creatures. Like dolphins.

Wheeleybird

Mar 31, 2011
I believe the only acceptable way to deal with a dragon is to kill, crumb and deep fry it... Delicious!

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Befriend. Allow me to propose a hypothetical.
Friend: "Sir, I hath recently slain a draconian, and have brought his cranium as proof" *pulls out the dragon head*
Me: "As baffling a trophy as that may be, allow me to retort with one of my own" *I fly away on the back of a dragon that breathes fire as it flies away"
I'm sure we can all agree that I'm clearly the winner in that situation.

Metal_Head

Oct 18, 2011
If it was cool, that leathery membrane wings and stuff friend.

if its girly with bird wings, kill it

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So... I can either give it a pat on the head and a scratch under the chin, or I can attempt to hack it's head off and likely get eaten in the process?

Is this a trick question? It smells like a trick question.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
CM156 said:
But chromatic ones? Slay!
What's wrong with Chromatic ones?*cries*

I would probably befriend one. If that dragon could teach me ancients ways and point to me hoards of treasures then we would get on really well. Having the voice of Sean Connery would be a plus.

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
The answer should be clear to those who have seen either How to Train Your Dragon or Dragonheart.

I ask for the pittance of half of the lovable beast's heart and become quasi-immortal, and how can anyone say no to regurgitated fish?

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
Depends, If it tries to eat me kill it...I mean slay it, if it does not befriend but go in prepared for the one that does not involve getting eaten.

g3ko

Jun 2, 2011
befriend, definetely befriend it!!!
it might be due some erozion friendship, but hell, you get to befriend a mother ****ing dragon

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
Yeah... If it's a Chromatic Try to slay it. However I'd much rather just not even try to slay it cause Dragons are truly frightening to fight. Played a campain recently where a Ancient Green Dragon stumbled across our army crossing a forest and it destroyed 60% of the troops in our squad... the 2 other squads that were with us had 90% of them wiped out. Didn't even engage it we just did a tactical retreat.

Now I'd try to befriend a Metallic Dragon or a gem dragon however still a hard task since why would a dragon of such age even bother with an ant. You really have to get them young as an egg if you want to even try to befriend one. The older they get the harder it is.